It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

thats not the point. and as others have said, stats are nothing to base a purchase on. as i already said, too many forwards and hes ********ing expensive

2. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Yea, it is the point - he brought up a statistic so I asked him why that doesn't impress him. You will see nothing in my statement that says we should buy him based on those statistics alone. I've seen Aguero play and if most of you watch as much soccer as I do, I'm sure you've seen Aguero play La Liga, CL/EL and WC matches. He's always been pretty impressive to me, especially as a young 20-something-year old.

People also must realize that his buyout price is 45M. This price only means that if another Spanish team (i.e., it does not apply to clubs from other leagues) coughs up 45M, they'd have to sell. It does not mean it will be applied to us nor does it mean that we must cough up 45M to get him. Atletico failed to make even the EL, like us, and is in a state of flux (coaching change, a lot of star players expect to leave). The club is in a poor financial state. Getting him for around ~30M (including players) is a very real possibility.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not at the cost of anything more than 25 million I'm not.

4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

It's true. Sportitalia tried to interview him and he said that the club told him not to talk about the contract redemption, whereas both Matri and Quagliarella gave interviews.

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

So then I would assume you find the Matri deal nauseating? We spent 18M on a player who is years older, less impressive and less proven.

6. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I really hope we can sell him though. Man, we have some many players we need to offload this summer. :rolleyes:

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

its not the ********ing point cause thats not the point i was making. ******** AGUERO, hes good but not at that price

8. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Ok, great. But, that's not what me and Dante were talking about. Price never was brought up. We just talked about his goal tally.

9. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I've been following this board (and its previous chapters) for several years now and 1 thing that I have learned is this board will never be happy. Last year people complained that we could have signed Ziegler cheap, now that we have signed him for free there are still complaints. Now while we don't need a forward Kun has the talent to help yet there are still complaints. I'm interested to know what signings (names not positions) would make this board happy.

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I could easily see him being like Palladino: forever co-owned with another team and used as a bargaining chip wherever possible.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He proved his worth with Juve this past season. 3 years older than Aguero isn't like some massive gap in between ages. We also spent 18 million, NOT 35-45 million. If Juve can get Aguero for 25 million great, anything more and I see it as a waste of money. It's not like we're hurting for goals.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In attack there's, Matri, Quagliarella, Del Piero, Toni, Amauri and Ianquinta. We can easily offload two of them and if Aguero comes in three can be offloaded. Meanwhile we've got nothing to cover us on the LW side and we need another CB and good RB and LB.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He scored 20 goals in La Liga last year, the same amount that Matri scored in Serie A. Matri didn't have the opportunity to play in any continental tournaments so who knows what would have happened....

And yes I was referring to price. Aguero is a good player, but anything more than 25 million and Juve is wasting money at this point.

14. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I'm interested as well to see who people on this board want to buy.

I'm all for getting Kun!!! Unless people have been living on the moon for the last 4 years, this kid is the real deal. $45mil is very expensive for any player but sadly this is what the transfer market has turned into. If you want quality world calss players than you have to pay up. I do not want Juve to start reaching and hoping to strike lightning in a bottle with some average kid who may or may not cut it. Other than Diego who have we splashed out cash for?? Krasic?? If we want to get back to where we used to be(on top of serie A) we need to start building with world class talent again. Aguero would be a start. And I like the idea of playing Aguero with Matri.

Yeah Aguero may not get us over that hump next year but he will be a start. The team as of now is still nothing better than a 5th or 6th place team. I'm sick and tired of people complaining about transfer fee's. If we can offer it, that means we can spend it so let's do it.

And some of the board needs to understand that when the market does open, 1 or 2 of the following players will be sold, Iaquinta, Toni or Amauri. No way we keep all 3 of them.

We need a big summer signing!!

15. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Dante how is it a waste if he comes here and produces? I feel like you some of you guy's think if we do splash out the cash to get him that he will flop no matter what. I personally think it would be a great move for the club.

16. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Can we stop bringing up the 45m buyout clause now? Like shit.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

So for those advocating the purchase of Aguero, what exactly is he going to bring to the team? He is nothing but a good player right now. For all we know, he will do crap in Serie A. It is a different league from La Liga. Is he the player to watch in the Copa America that is coming up? Is he going to be the star for Argentina, making Messi look pedestrian? Or is he just a high profile purchase that somehow makes Juve legitimate among the big players? The bottom line is that Aguero is not going to stop the counterattacks, not going to give creativity in midfield, not going to solve our problems on the flanks. Dante is right, if we get him at a good price, OK. But to spend 35-45 million is ludicrous.

I also ask if some of you watched Juve at all last season. Yes, at time it was unbearable to watch this team. But if you did watch the team, did you ignore the play of Quagliarella and Matri? The season went down hill when Fabio tore his knee against Parma. We never recovered from that. Matri was a good pick up. He scored 20 goals with two teams. It was not just a one off season. And if you have watched him at all the last few years, you know he is a good goal scorer. Add to the fact that both players are very motivated, want to make something of Juve and themselves, what the ******** are you complaining about. We hear crap all of the time that we don't have the scouting system of other clubs. Yet, when we have good players who have shown their worth to the club, they are not good enough. Really, some of you have no idea.

What players do I want? Hungry players who come to the club with something to prove instead of thinking they finally made it. We need to build the team with solid players first. Sprinkling a few big names surrounded by mediocre players will not get the job done. We keep reinventing the wheel every season, which means little stability. We need to improve the flanks and target the scudetto for next season. It is realistic. It is the main competition for us next season. Milan will focus on the CL. Inter will have no focus. Roma is going through a transition. Napoli and Udinese, nah. We can sneak up and win it if we put together a solid side that plays good defense. If anything, the top target should allow us to make the top three. Playing for third will not do it.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

How do you ignore the 45 million buy out clause when Atletico Madrid has stated that is in effect. Can it be negotiated? Maybe. But it is there and the starting point from their side. They do not have to sell the player.

Toni will stay with the team unless someone makes a good offer for him. Not likely to happen. Amauri and Iaguinta are for sale but there is not a big market for those two. So it is not automatic that they will be gone.

19. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Who is Camoranesi?

Who is Nedved?

Who is Platini?

Who is Zidane?

20. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Juventus is still interested in the 13.5m rated Raul Meireles after being denied a straight swap with Felipe Melo.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

What did Camoranesi cost us? He did not come to Juve as some superstar. He made himself at Juve.

Nedved was proven and proved himself even more at Juve. He is the type of player I wish there were more in the football world.

Platini? Really? Aguero is the next Platini? Is this a joke?

Zidane was elevated at Juve. But to be honest, I would not put him among the top ten list of Juve players. He came short when Juve needed him the most after Del Piero was injured. He is a shadow of Platini.

Give me a good reason to acquire Aguero for at least 30 million. Don't throw useless stats. Describe what the player will do for Juve and his style. We are talking about a player who is not even second fiddle for Argentina. And that would be a bid deal.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I feel it's a waste because the money can be better spent elsewhere, like shoring up the defense and getting a good LW.

23. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Falc I agree about Quags. After he tore his knee up that was it. Changed the whole season and pretty much took the air out of our bubble. But who knows if he will ever be the same player he was. He's not that young and his injury was pretty serious.

Aguero brings a lot to our foward line. A young stud who can create up top and can finish. He would easily be our best player up top. He's proven that he can score 20+ goals and have 10+ assists in a season. And let's remember he's not a 1 year wonder kid who had 1 good season and that's it. He's still 23 years old and may not yet have reached his peak. Like I said I'm all for getting him. He's expensive but world class players are pricey now a days.

And nobody knows if he will start the Copa. Right now the only sure starter up top is Messi. Carlitos, Lavezzi, DiMaria, Kun and Higuain are all in the mix.

24. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

If there is any doubt about Quagliarella's determination ......

http://www.football-italia.net/jun23o.html

Aguero could become our best striker. He could be the replacement for Del Piero. He could have a great career with Juve. But it is all speculative. He is not even a starter for Argentina. For his price tag, even if reduced to 35 million, it creates a lot of expectations and pressure for a young player. He had a good season at Atletico Madrid but they bombed out in La Liga exactly as Juve. Finished 7th in the tables, did not make it out of the EL group despite winning it the season before. So while he may be a good player and no doubt be a sensational signing, there is nothing to indicate that he can carry this team. And when that amount is being spent on one player in a position that we are in good shape in, it makes little sense in acquiring him. If it was a case where we had a good defense, good midfield and the missing link is that second striker, different story.