It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

downside of loaning. Its seems like your getting them for nothing but if they were playing first team minutes if you don't exercise the buyout you are really stuck needing to obtain two more players(theoretically). This is why loaning should be nothing more than a depth move for your club. Its an overpaid ransom and beppe had to do it to fix Secco's insane mistakes(i like pointing out his mistakes are present cause frankly anyone else running this team would have to deal with them). So I guys if Lichtstiener is bought that problably leaves he club with MAYBE one more signing. sux

2. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

But, you have to remember that not all of the ~38M is being coughed up this year. I know the buyout prices of Quagliarella, Pepe and Matri were annualized; the 10.5M owed for Quags, the 7.5M owed for Pepe and the 15.5M owed for Matri will be paid out over three years. So, really, we've only spent ~15M this year so far. If we only are able then to get Lichtsteiner for another 10M, than that's only ~25M. 25M for a summer transfer campaign is embarassing.

3. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Well I was thinking after all this paper work is done and Lichtsteiner may be signed I envisioned one more possible signing. If that signing is Bastos which is who Juve is also linked with its not much of a Mercato and that would be around 40 o 50 million which seems like Juve's status quo. IMHO if thats Juve's squad we all must pray for a healthy squad that gels fast or else we may have the same fate this coming season (crosses fingers)

4. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Just when Juventus GM Giuseppe Marotta was certain to sign Swiss right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner for 9-10 million Euros, Lazio chairman Claudio Lotito has announced today that he will not part ways with the 27-year-old unless the Bianconeri pay 12 millions. Further developments are expected soon

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I'm going to fundamentally disagree with Davey about Quagliarella and Matri, even if I understand what he's saying. Both have been solid strikers for several seasons now. Nothing spectacular, but reliable. If anything, continuity is only going to help them and the team. Will Matri score 20 goals next season? I wouldn't bet on it. But he'll definitely get into double digits. It'll be good enough for next year, certainly.

What this team needs more than anything else is continuity. We just can't keep changing the manager every season and bringing in a half-dozen new players. I'd rather have a solid, unspectacular team that is allowed to gel into an actual team than to keep making changes. That's why I preferred signing Matri and Fabio instead of Aguero. As Inter and Ronaldo proved, a world class player doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing. We have two strikers that worked well last season. Are they ~world class? No. But they're good enough and there's no point in fixing what isn't broken right now. And then you go and spend the money to upgrade the parts of the team that truly are broken and must be improved. It doesn't stroke anybody's ego, but you build a good team with stability and gradual improvements. Not high-profile one shot wonders.

And if that means you place 7th for two years in a row, then so be it. It's not necessarily settling for mediocrity. These things take time and it will get better. We just have to give the team the chance to improve in its own time and it will happen. The problems occur when fans demand success now and it just doesn't work that way, as the last two years have proven.

6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Marco Motta has been told by the club not to speak to press about his transfer. As opposed to Matri, who has been giving interviews.

I don't see Motta being here next term.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

all those points u made are on the very other end of the negative spectrum and assumptions. i can give u many examples of players who came back from horrible injuries better than ever. One person for sure i mentioned to a while back, javad nekunam of osasuna in la liga. He's a defensive mid which means his job involves many hard tackles. 4 years ago he had a knee injury and was out 1.5 year, came back better than ever...has had solid seasons there.

matri and quags, again, going by ur stats is not fair comparison. They have never played in great teams, maybe last year for quags at napoli but overall never in a good team that gave them good service. Quags also does alot of other little things around that help the team score, u cant just go by goals. same with matri, he is a good finisher, AND has good crosses on the wing if needed. Truth of the matter is they are enough for now, they can both be in double digits and i even believe one of them will score over 20 goals if we actually play a decent game.

we need to build the midfield, wings and DEFENSE most of all...i dont think we've had problems scoring goals, its our team that doesnt know how to keep a damn score line. once we get to CL this year hopefully, we can spend good money on a real striker whos willing to come and then u can off load one or both if necessary.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

thats exactly my point. thats what made me sad about that whole deal, i mean it couldve been 40mil well spent somewhere else, as you say two great players instead

9. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I think you named the whole roster lol. Personally I saw this coming and I'm not really that pissed. Just know that if Beppe doesn't finish out the window with one really good buy or a couple of smart moves we could be in some trouble going forward IMHO. Lets see if this guy can make some magic.

10. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

One of the Italian papers is reporting $190 million for the market :eek:

Has to be over a 3 year period....

Although you could certainly front-load it.

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Yeah, Tuttosport. It's just their usual bullshit.

12. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I heard some sources say 100 which I think is BS as well. I'd say 40 to 60 million.

13. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think that they won't spend big money (more then usual) unless a top player agrees to a move. I think this is why they secured the loans and the Bosmans, I still think they're going to sign Aquilani for 6m (like what Pool did to us with Poulsen).

14. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Bookies claiming where in pole to sign him :).

http://www.tuttojuve.com/?action=read&idnotizia=54053

15. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

After they pay off about 70 million in debts there will be between 50 and 60 million for transfers. Yesterday's moves dont figure into this equation and it looks like they will be offering 35 million euro's for Aguero. If that dont work they'll be moving on to Rossi. There is a great chance we'll land one of the two because like Falc said there will not be many moves this summer because teams are wary of paying these numbers because of the new financial rules plus the economy.

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Daei - I'm not saying it ALWAYS happens that players come back with one less step from a serious injury. OF COURSE, there are times when a player recovers well or even better. But, it's still a possibility because it definitely does happen to players. So, again, I would've accounted for this in my buyout. Then again, the way Marotta structured that damn deal, he gave himself little option.

No offense but, the "they never played on great teams" is no excuse. Quags has played on Samp, Udinese and Napoli. All of these teams have boasted prolific strikers in recent seasons - Pazzini on Samp, Di Natale on Udinese, Cavani on Napoli. How come he wasn't able to do what they did? I will give you Matri has only been on Cagliari and Serie B teams. But, that's still not much of an excuse - if a striker is good enough, he can make goals even at a mid-table team like Cagliari. That's why not every great striker starts out at Inter, Milan, Juve, etc. I mean, it's not like he's been on Cesena or Siena.

I do admit that the DEFENSE is most important and I will be deeply saddened if the only additions are Ziegler and Lichtsteiner.

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

And, that's fine if you fundamentally disagree - not all of us are going to agree all the time. I understand what you're saying. But, I would honestly not call Matri a "solid striker for several seasons now." And, he's not as young as everyone thinks:

2007-2008 - 34 games, 6 goals
    2008-2009 - 31 games, 6 goals
    2009-2010 - 38 games, 13 goals
    2010-2011 - 38 games, 20 goals

Sure, he's improving and, just to make this abundantly clear, I HOPE HE DOES CONTINUE TO IMPROVE, Quags too. But, like you said, continuity is important. And, just so you didn't take my post wrong, I like having them on our team as they will be good players to take the relief and pressure off others. But, I do not look to them as the saviors of this team.

18. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

In actuality, we have no idea if Quagliarella and Matri are going to work together. They've never played a match together. How do we know that the partnership will be successful? I mean, individually, they produced some pretty good numbers, but since they've never played together, we can't be sure that they'll make a good partnership. They're just as unknown together as Aguero and Matri are. The difference is, though, is we've actually seen what Aguero can produce, and it's light years ahead of Quagliarella's production.

I'm confident that they can do well together (Quags and Matri), but to just assume that they'll be a solid partnership based on last year's numbers is a little shortsighted.

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

This is good news, if true. But, I really don't understand them exercising Motta's option-to-buy price unless they had a very interest potential buyer or buyers lined up. I really hope we didn't buy him hoping we could sell him. We have enough deadweight that needs to be offloaded; Motta just adds to that.

20. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

Who the hell would buy Motta? (Besides us, of course. :rolleyes:) I can think of at least 4 MLS right backs that are better than Motta. That's not exaggerating. I just simply can't imagine someone paying good money for him after watching him over the last two seasons. He's crap!

21. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I'm hoping Pirlo and Quags can build on that 45 minute desperation act. We're gonna need that type of intensity.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Pirlo is the only signing im happy with so far, and thats just sad... transfer market is about to start and that light at the end of the tunnel is getting dark...

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

oh and a question, why all this effort going into signing Aguero? why the hell did we sign boths Quags and Matri if we're gonna go all out to sign Aguero as well? what the hell is Marotta planning. all these forwards for what? are we Man City now? what about the defense? what about the midfield? and why Aguero? Falcao would be cheaper and a better fit in my opinion (although we can forget cause AVB wants him at Chelsea) tsk tsk i say to Marotta, tsk tsk

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because he's Aguero and he scored 20 goals in La Liga last year!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

25. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I know this statement is loaded with sarcasm. And, that's just fine. But, in all seriousness, you're not impressed with a 22-year-old who scored 27 goals and provided 6 assists in 40 games (in all competitions). I mean, what would it take to impress some of you guys? 40 goals in 40 matches?