It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

^^Hhaha that's great

2. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Lots of talks Ekdal will return to Juve this season - not sure if its on loan or we're going to buyback Bologna's 50%. This almost certainly means Sissoko or Melo will go. I know, they're more DMs and he is more of a complete CM, but we have a lot of friggin central midfielders right now. Unless we play a 4-3-3, I don't see how they'll remain here.

3. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

What do you guys think the likelihood is that we get another LB? Or do you guys think we'll be going into next season with De Ceglie and Ziegler rotating?

4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

My money is on the rotation of De Ceglie and Ziegler. I think Marotta believes that the team would be better served by having De Ceglie out there, otherwise he would have tried to sell him last summer. I think if we get a big name CB, then Chiellini will get pushed out as a defensive LB, but when the season starts, it'll be either De Ceglie or Ziegler. I hope I'm wrong though.

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Supposedly, De Ceglie was nearly sold to Napoli but he picked up an injury in a U21 match which put things on a hiatus. I don't know if talks were ever confirmed, but I remember Napoli's interest cooled after the injury.

6. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

It's possible that Marotta may try to sell him again, but he's just way too injury prone to be sold. He's a good kid. He's got a lot of heart. However, he gets hurt waaaaaaaaaaay too much for my tastes. I would be happy for him if he went somewhere else and managed to stay injury free for half a season, but, as far as I'm concerned, De Ceglie translates to "Man of Glass".

7. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Even when he's not injured, I don't think he's anything special. He should've progressed much further these past two-three years and I feel he has just stagnated. IMO, Marotta should sell him and buy Clichy whose price tag is hard to refuse.

8. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

It's hard to say whether Arsenal would want to sell him to us, or if he's even interested in coming here. I'd love it if we replaced De Ceglie with Clichy, but I have no idea how any of the current players we are linked with feel about playing for us.

9. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

True, but the other two teams most strongly linked with him are Roma and Liverpool, neither of which are playing in the CL next season. Liverpool didn't even qualify for the EL, same as us.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i am very happy with signing matri, quags and pepe.....but DAMN motta ?? he's like another amauri disease we cant get rid of..i really hope we can sell him

and i cant believe some of u would prefer amauri over cassano...ill take crazy cassano over amauri any day....just imagine cassano on left, krasic on right, matri/quags up top....that is one deadly attack

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

He'll probably be loaned out to another club for playing time. But this time we'll own his full contract. It won't be a co-ownership. Sorensen and Marrone are supposedly going the other way, but they'll only be loans as well. Bologna have been very good about giving playing time to Ekdal, so we can be confident that they'll show faith in the other two.

As for Motta, he'll likely be sold or co-owned with another club. All reports over the past couple of months have indicated that he won't be staying. The question is whether or not Grygera will go as well.

12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Oh nice, so we get the other half of Ekdal's 50% and in return, Sorensen and Marrone are going there on loan? Pretty good. I hear they also are interested in Giandonato.

Grygera's contract ends next year. Not sure why we don't try to recover something for him. Whatever we get from him and Motta should go toward Lichtsteiner. Beck, in addition, would be nice.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Yeah, it's a pretty good deal. I think we need to make Marrone a priority. Giandonato is still very young and he could easily go to a Serie B side. But Marrone is ready for the step up. We have to find the right club for him. If we do that and he does as well during his first season in Serie A as he did during his first season in Serie B, then he could easily be Melo's replacement the following year.

That's part of the reason I don't see the point in selling Melo. I like Inler, but if it means keeping Marrone out on loan or co-ownership for the next 2-3 seasons I'd rather just keep Melo and replace him with Luca next summer.

Definitely. We should've off-loaded Grygera years ago.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Parma have exercised their option on Giovinco, Juve should now try to sell them the other half.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

only problem with that deal was motta....the rest are good signings, im looking forward to matri, quags, krasic partnership, pepe is good for depth on left and right...he also can score

i prefer this deal over dishing 45 mil on one aguero

i just wish we got rid of dead weight for these players instead of straight out cash. We need to sell people like amauri, iaquinta, grygera and them

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

for 40mil?! sorry but i dont share your enthusiasm

19. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I'm with you. # 2.

20. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think people need to realize that 45M is Aguero's buyout clause - meaning the amount that, if met, would force Atletico to sell Aguero. Especially when considering Atletico's poor financial state, they may very well sell for less than that. And, this is even more likely true if only one or two bids arrive (i.e., Barca, Real and Chelsea may be bowing out of competition for him). Also, Juve have no intention on shelling out that much money for Aguero. If anything we will put together a package of cash and players in the 30-35M range. So, everyone needs to stop with the "is it really worth spending 45M on Aguero?" crap (last sentence not directed at you, specifically, though Daei).

Anyway, we just spent nearly 40M on four players - two of which are good, one is a decent squad player and the last just sucks. I like Matri, Quags and Pepe on this team, but really more for depth, rotation and backup. It's just a lot of money considering what we got. Perhaps, 40M would've been better spent on two great players, than 2 good ones, 1 average one and 1 horrible one? Perhaps...

21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not considering motta, 3 players for 37 mil. is not bad, especially proven players. Yea they're not household names but i have faith in quags and matri from before and they proved themselves this year as well.

Its this whole VANITY thing and big names that mess up teams, we tried it with diego and look what happened. I thought quags was an exceptional player since way back in sampdoria and in the world cup, he played 30 min in the dying min and ALMOST brought the team back.

ONE player will NOT save us! spending 45 mil on ONE player and then buying 5-6 average players is not gonna save us.

22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

You're stock is rising #2.

[​IMG]

23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i really dont understand what this boards issues are with quags and matri. Everyone doubted them, they came and did their job. What more can u ask for? they played in a shitty team and still scored, its not their fault we leaked in goals or couldnt set them up for more goals, some of which they made out of nothing.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Maybe I'm only speaking for myself or may be I'm also speaking for others but... I'd like to address you're saying that I doubt these players. I just don't put as much hope into them replicating this seasons heroics in the coming seasons as you do. Why, you might ask? Because, historically, neither of them have ever had as good of seasons as they just did, not even close. Matri has done really nothing spectacular in his career until this season. Quagliarella, while always a solid player, has always boasted a solid, but very average 1/3 goals/per/game ratio. Quagliarella, particularly, may not be able to replicate this season after he suffered a terrible injury which may leave him with a slower step than before. So, in general, I'm saying there is a possibility that this season may have been a fluke. I hope I'm wrong and I hope they continue the scoring prowess they exhibited this season. But because of history, I would have taken this possibility into account in negotiating their prices (33M for those two strikers, in total, seems steep to me).

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Aguero, Aguero, Aguero.... everyone forgets that he makes OVER 5 million a year and would want at least 6 million from his new club.