It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 14)

fair enough, maybe i just dont see it then. will keep a closer eye on him to see if i can see whats so special

2. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

According to tuttojuve, a straight swap between AC Milan and Juventus is being discussed for Cassano and Amauri. I say do it if we can't get Aguero to fill the SS role.

3. kasaki

kasaki Member

Feb 22, 2009
    U.S.A
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Aguero done by this thursday :D

Atletico asked for storari

4. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

i think sanchez very well could be exceptional, and he was this year, but not proven enough for the price tag.

does anyone else fee l like conte , because of his formation which if i have understood correctly doesn't require much offense from the FBs, envision CHIELLINI as his LB?? if the back line is very defensive oriented and not have a lot of attack burdens, i think lichsteiner-bonucci-barzagli/rolando-chiellini could work well, and thats why we've only brought in ziegler, because its as a back up. there are no rumors or anything to support this , just brain storming. i , like most of you probably, prefer chiello at CB, but if its a not very attack minded lb he could thrive....

i also agree that if its not a world class player, im fine with matri and quags

5. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

source?

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WOW that is a steal, is milan crazy? haha we should take that in a heartbeat before they change their mind

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Unfortunately I believe Milan would be raping us on this deal. Cassano is simply not the type of player we need.

8. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

The fullbacks in Conte's formation are relied upon heavily to defend, and only defend. It's the job of the wingers to play the attack. With this is mind, Chiellini would not be a bad choice at all, but ONLY if he's relied upon as a defensive fullback. The problem is, though, who would fill that gaping hole at centerback? Could we get Rolando? It's possible, but if we don't, then we have to rely on Barzagli at CB with Bonucci, and that's not a CB pairing that I really trust. I would only push Chiello out wide if I knew for certain that we had someone who could capably fill his shoes at CB.

I like both players. I really do. (Quags on the desktop for my work computer until he got hurt, then Matri was on the desktop up until about 3 weeks ago.) If you have the opportunity to upgrade at either position, though, you've gotta do it. If we can't get Aguero or Rossi, I won't kill Marotta for it. I'll be satisfied with those two players as the strike partnership.

9. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

Cassano is also a complete basketcase. We don't need a guy on our team who's 13 eggs short of a dozen.

10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

True, but Amauri scores once every 10 games or so, on average. I'd take Cassano over Amauri anyday and twice on Sunday (to bring him to church :D).

11. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

While Amauri isn't a good player (at all, really), he's not a team destroyer like Cassano is. I'd rather have neither, but if a gun was held to my head, I'd take Amauri over Cassano because at least Amauri's not going to destroy your team internally.

12. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Buffon Del Piero and Pirlo would keep him in line but the time has passed for Cassano and Juve. 5 years ago yes but not now. Best to stick with Quags because he proved capable for at least half a season that he can potentially carry the team and it showed when he got injured especially is Krasic's case. Add in Matri and Pirlo maybe Bastos and we should be fine offensively.

13. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

Marco "Gascan" Motta was signed for €3.75m. I want to make sure I read that right...

Marco Motta... [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]€3.75 million...

This just goes to prove that the people who work in football are complete morons.

[/FONT]

15. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I am in totla agreement with you. But, if the option is: (1) Keep Amauri; or (2) Swap Amauri for Cassano, which do you choose, 1 or 2?

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

We got slammed on those loan deals... €3.75 for Motta is laughable while €18m (in total) for Matri is steep. I'm a bit upset we could offload some deadweight in lowering out cash outlays. Once again, Marotta proves himself a great negotiator.

17. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

I wonder whatever happened to that Matri deal where we send Cagliari a bunch of young players to help defer the cost. That deal seemed a lot more palatable in comparison to just shelling out 18m.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Martinez offered back to Catania

Juventus’ Jorge Martinez could return to Catania this summer after a difficult season in Turin.

The Uruguayan joined the Old Lady for €12m a year ago, but struggled for fitness and form with the Bianconeri.

Reports recently have linked him with a switch back to the Stadio Massimino and the Sicilian club have confirmed contact.

“It is true,” Catania chief Pietro Lo Monaco noted. “There are talks taking place with Juventus and the player could return.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Any price for Motta is steep, but hopefully those rumors of Juve turning around and selling him for €7 million are true.

20. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

In the news...

Bastos deal seems likely to be concluded within days;

Lichtsteiner deal is almost complete; as little as 1M is the gap between Lazio's asking price and Juve's offer;

Storari, Iaquinta, Amauri and Sissoko are all linked in moves away from Turin, in straight purchases or as part payment for other players;

Aguero is still strongly linked to Juve, with Rossi considered an alternative;

Besides Licht, haven't heard much about other defenders (our pursuit of Rolando, Ansaldi, Beck, etc. seem to have cooled).

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

If Marotta can fetch Motta for €7M, I'd be impressed. But who is interested in him? What have you heard?

22. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I heard Spaletti has made Simone Pepe a priority this transfer market. There is a rumor that Zenit is willing to shell out 12 million euros for him.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ah yes that was it, Pepe being bought then sold. I guess it was just wishful thinking about Motta.

24. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I heard a rumor about 2 weeks ago that Motta is just being bought to be included in a swap plus cash deal.

on an unrelated note:
    Liverpool have been offered the Brazil midfielder Felipe Melo in part exchange for Raul Meireles, the club's Portugal international, who capped an impressive first season in England by being elected the PFA Fans' Player of the Year. Though Liverpool have refused Juventus' approach they have indicated a willingness to cash in on Meireles.
    Seeking to radically restructure their squad after finishing a lowly seventh in Serie A, Juve were quoted an asking price of around €15 million (Dh78.8m) for the 28-year-old.
    An alternative proposal to include the former Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko in a deal was also knocked back by the English club.
    Liverpool's readiness to sell on Meireles is a further indication of the strength of Kenny Dalglish's control of transfer policy.
    Though Dalglish temporarily moved Meireles into a highly productive role as a second striker shortly after taking over as manager, the Scot has focused this summer's recruitment on domestic players.
    Dalglish's reluctance to take Felipe Melo underlines the policy.
    The highly regarded 27-year-old was central to Brazil's 2010 World Cup campaign and strongly pursued by Arsene Wenger the previous summer ahead of joining Juve in a €29.5m transfer.
    He remains of interest to Arsenal, though after tax wages of €2.5m is an issue.
    Meireles, a quadruple Portuguese Superliga winner with FC Porto, was signed by Roy Hodgson for an initial €13m last August.
    He played 41 matches for Liverpool in his debut season, scoring five times, yet now finds himself behind the England Under 21 international Jordan Henderson in Dalglish's planning.
    http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/liverpool-refuse-juventus-melo-exchange-deal-for-meireles

25. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

If Spaletti's interested in Pepe for 12m, have I got a deal for him...

[​IMG]

FOR SALE: Like new, lightly used Brooklyn Bridge. One careful old lady owner, she only used it once a week for going to the grocery store! Perfect for new immigrants! For low, low, LOW sale price contact New York resident DaveyGorgeous, and make check out to "Campaign Against Selling History" or simply "CASH".