It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lichtsteiner days away from Juve

Lazio’s Stephan Lichtsteiner will become a Juventus player by the end of this week, his agent has predicted.

This morning the Old Lady publicly declared that they are close to finding an agreement with Lazio for his swoop.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun20n.html

Beppe also said in his interview he is very close

“I can confirm what Juve director Beppe Marotta said earlier today,” Federico Pastorello told Radio Mana Mana.

“There is still a little difference between the offer and the asking price, but I do think that there won’t be a problem. That’s the hope anyway.

“I think I can calmly say that it will all be resolved at some stage during the week ahead.”

Juventus are said to be offering €9m for the full-back, while Lazio are reportedly pushing for closer to the €12m release clause fixed into his contract

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 14)

Sanchez is the most disturbing. I mean with the immense contact and amount of business we do with Udinese, it really shows a lack of vision by our management. He really should have been signed 1-2 years ago.

I think Aguero might end up at Real.

I think we have a shot at Rossi after hes been shopped around so much by Villareal.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

why? Sanchez is nothing special in my eyes. he needs to learn how to cross and pass a ********ing ball. thanx but i'll pass, especially for the amount of money theyre asking

4. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

@davey in the lyon forum they are also reporting the 13 milliion with a chance for 2 more in bonuses. seems to be a solid #

im wary of sanchez, he is truly (unlike others who this title has been thrown around with) is unproven. if he can play like he did this year, he will be worth the money (considering today's market) but that is an if. although he was absolutely spectacular this year, and i would like to see him at juve , but not for that price. if we paid the high price for aguero or rossi , i would be happy, but i think sanchez needs to prove another year or two for that fee. but obviously it will be met this summer so i guess why not get what you can get if your udinese

5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well that's why I said 1-2 years ago.

6. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

Sanchez is the product of all the stars aligning at Udinese this year. If they were to keep this squad intact, there's no way they could replicate what they did this year. That's Udinese for you, though. They catch lightning in a bottle every 5 or 6 years. I'll tell you what though: They have some outstanding scouts. They find diamonds in the rough like almost nobody else in Serie A. If we had the scouts Udinese have, we'd be in business.

He can't go to Real unless someone buys him from Atletico and sells him immediately to Real. No one's going to do that. If he doesn't go to Barca or Juve, he doesn't go anywhere.

He has said himself that it's either Barca or he stays at Villareal. He likes Villareal. I don't think he's going anywhere this summer. He'll stay at Villareal.

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Like I said... if true, I'll all for it. Sign me up!

9. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Yea, I agree. That's why I'm wary of Sanchez. I mean, where was he last year during Udinese's near relegation season?

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

There might be no movement at all for many of these players. Some of this is just the media rags drumming up business for themselves. Some of it is the clubs getting feelers on their players. What is telling is that the big spenders have been quiet so far. Is it the economy?

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Are you saying "Who is Sanchez?" :p

12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

For Sanchez, I see potential but IMO, his price tag is unjustifiable. For Aguero, 45M is unjustifiable but I would be willing to shell out 30M. Who else? Oh yea, Rossi? his price tag is slightly inflated. But again, the latter two have much more experience and consistency at the top level. Sanchez may likely be a one-hit wonder - even his numbers in the Chilean and Argentinean leagues are pretty lackluster.

So, yes, I will join you in saying, "Who is Alexis Sanchez?" :D

13. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well I guess you guys know more then every single football pundit, because they have all praised him.

What I was trying to say is that there's very few exceptional players like Sanchez and more so Hamsik that have grown and flourished playing in the league and not coming to the league already famous. You would think that Juve would be at the forefront of signing them like they use to. Maybe the team was simply more attractive then.

14. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

I'm not saying Sanchez stinks. I think he's going to be a very good player one day, but it's only going to work if he goes to the right team. This year's Udinese was the right team for him. He fit his role perfectly, and he had Di Natale to set up for. He was outstanding. If he were to come here, I don't think he'd work out. He might work out at a place like Barcelona or Real. He would even work out a place like Milan. However, I think he would crumble under the pressure involved with being the big signing for us.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

But Phat with your logic, then we are going after quantity and not quality. There are those who want a recognized name, which usually means paying big bucks. I am with you and supposedly some of the youngster we have brought had that potential. But then we let them rot away on loan to clubs where they pick up bad habits.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Spurs are locked in a four-way fight for £17m-rated Espanyol striker Pablo Osvaldo.

The 25-year-old Italian-Argentine is one of the summer's most sought-after players after an impressive campaign last season, scoring 13 goals.

Fulham have already had a bid of £10.5milllion turned down and the player's agent, Dario Decoud, insists competition is stiff.

He said: "Atletico Madrid and Tottenham like him, but it is early to speak of a transfer.

"It is true that the two clubs (Inter Milan and Juventus) like the player and I can reveal that there have been contact with them.

"Osvaldo would like to return to Italy and Inter Milan and Juventus are two great teams.

17. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

That's ~19m for a 25-year-old striker who bagged 13 goals in La Liga? No thanks. I'd rather we keep Matri than go after him.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But he scored 7 less than Aguero and is less than half his price?!?!?!?!?!?!

19. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

Don't use so much punctuation. I can't tell when you're being facetious.

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

god damn this is what i hate about football now, TOO MUCH emphasis put on stats and who was hot latest :rolleyes: inflated prices for no reason, just ridiculous. You have to judge by HOW a player is playing in that team and its system. Not just how many goals he scored and he's been hot for half a season!

you cant duplicate what they did in one club to another.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

sanchez is far from exceptional

22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I posted about this last week. The issue is that as fans and as club we have lost patience because of the entire ordeal. It's difficult to have been forced to completely dismantle a winning team and then have to rebuild it.

Anyways, I'm not going to get into great lengths again about this issue.

Bottom line is that right now we're going to have to wait...

There are many who would disagree. I'm talking about football Guru's, not people on this forum only.

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

i dont care about football guru's. i know hes not exceptional

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Ok. But Barca, Juve, Inter, City, United and all the pundits disagree with you, including Moggi.

Don't get me wrong, he's not Messi, but he will augment any squads quality. Udinese is not the only place he did well, WC2010 was the break out tournament for him and many on the Chilean squad. Sanchez, Suarez, Isla and Vidal...

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Subscribed.:)