It's Silly Season...2012 Summer Transfer Thread (Speculation, Rumours, Etc.)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by ArtemioD, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Too bad if true. Hummels would make Juve's CB depth rock solid.

2. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno Alves would be a beast for Juventus.

3. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    although true, Juve already have 2 CBs who are in the top 10 cbs in the world. Along with Bonucci who is coming into his own. Spending 20-25 million euros on Hummels wouldn't make sense right now. Alves on a loan sounds like a much better option. I think, if its true that Marotta said the rest of the budget will be for attack, than that is a hint of a CBs arrival on a free/loan. Hopefully we address the LB/LWB. We can't have DC and Chiello alternating. It needs to be DC and someone else.

4. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wonder why they are thinking about Balo now when he should have been the first option all along. Like Davey said we'd be set for a decade. Hopefully Buffon and Pirlo can recruit him but he is gonna cost more than anybody we've been linked to so we'll see if management was telling the truth when they said they have 40 million to spend on a striker because this is what he is going to cost.

5. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    We must also not forget that it's not just about the transfer fee. In this case, any player that comes from Man City is going to command the same salary. One of the reasons why they were never able to offload Adebayor is because his salary was through the roof, and no one wanted to pay it. With Balotelli, I'm sure he's making a fortune. Probably greater than what Amauri made. Are we willing to pay that salary?

Also, regarding Hummels, I doubt that Marotta would come out and tell Conte that he couldn't have him. If Conte wants a player, it's Marotta's job to go get him. It's not the other way around. I would rather keep the striker corps we have now and get Hummels because Barzagli isn't young, and getting Hummels would be a tremendous coup, and a very, very strong defense is going to win us another Scudetto. I know that we all want to compete for the Champions League, but I would settle for Hummels and our striker corps for this season, and go after a striker next year than going after a top of the line striker, and not have enough quality defensive depth.

usnroach repped this.
  6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hummels would cost a fortune.

Between 25-30m euros, and that's only if BVB were willing listen to offers. They sold Kagawa because they have a direct replacement in Reus and they may offload Lewandowski because he's in the last year of his contract. Everybody else has been declared non-negotiable because they want to keep the squad together for the CL. The fact that Hummels recently renewed his contract only strengthens their position.

But hypothetically, if we did spend that much money on a CB, then the best forward we could hope for would be someone like Destro. We're not City or PSG. We our funds our limited, even if they are greater than our league competition. We just set a new Serie A record for lowest number of goals conceded in a 20 team campaign. The backline is no longer a problem and while it would be amazing to have such a young and talented replacement for Barza, almost everybody who posts on this forum would line up to bash Marotta if he chose to spend 30m on a central defender instead of a striker.

7. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Yes, we did concede very few goals, but imagine what it would be like to have that every season. Yes, we could use a world class striker. No one is denying that. My argument is that if you can strengthen an already strong backline, then you should do it. We should contemplate what's most important: Making a strong Champions League run, or building a backline that will dominate the league for a decade. To me, the obvious choice is the latter. I may be in the minority here, but to me the most important competition is Serie A. Yes, going far in Champions League would be excellent, and I would love to see it. However, if the opportunity should arise where you can make your strongest area even stronger and younger, you've gotta do it.

8. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Personally, I would prefer Hummels + Destro to simply spending 30m on a Dzeko (because that's who it will likely be if Van Persie goes to City).

It just seems an impossibility at this point.

9. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I know I'll get crucified for this, but Dzeko just wouldn't work here. He's an aerial threat, and we're not an aerial team. We create from the back, and we play a lot of through balls. There's almost zero wing play. As a result, we have very few goals scored from the run of play on headers. If we can't get Van Persie, then we need someone who can score with the ball on the ground. There's some guys out there who can do that that we can afford. I think we need to go after them. For my money, if we can't get Van Persie, then I would go after Jovetic and Destro. In a 5-3-2 with balls played from the midfield, and not from the wings, these would be ideal players.

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with you about Dzeko, but I would also question Van Persie's suitability. He's a world class striker, but I would question whether he could remain fit and contribute defensively in Conte's system.

That's not to question his quality; of that there are few doubts. But that just because he's world class doesn't mean he's the right player for us. Plus, I thought Tacchi made a good point about Van Persie's attitude. He seems to sulk and become sullen and petulant when things don't go accordingly, rather than push on and fight. Of course, Tacchi's description on Twitter was far more colorful that...

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Wow, if Juve get either Destro or Balotelli and Veratti, they can line-up with an Italian line-up:

Giovinco-Balotelli
    Marrone-Marchisio-De Ceglie
    Veratti-Pirlo
    Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci
    Buffon

No, I just kid, because obviously Vidal, Isla, Asamoah, etc will all be there ---- but it is amazing that in this day and age, Juve would be able to field an all Italian line-up without losing a lot of quality.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i wouldn't, not if its Hummels

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cagliari a few season back had the most Italians on the the team i think they had maybe two foreign players or something.

14. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ziegler to Fenerbahce for 3.5 mil.

15. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I've never heard that before about Van Persie. I don't think I've seen him sulk or act sullen while at Arsenhole. If that's true, then maybe I would rethink my position, but it's all opinion at this stage.

Having a big name would be nice, but, at this point, I don't want the best players. I want the right players. With the right players we can dominate Serie A again.

16. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Brilliant piece of business. We sign the guy on a free, and sell him for 3.5m.

Excellent work, Marotta.

Bianconeri13 repped this.
  17. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nice got something for him. Hopefully Melo will cash in for Juve

18. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Reports this morning suggested that the Italian champions had made a €4m offer for a half share in the striker and theBergamo club have revealed that discussions are taking place.
    “Talks with Juventus for Gabbiadini have started, but they still have to develop,” Nerazzurri director Pierpaolo Marino told Sport Mediaset.
    “Things still have to evolve though, especially in terms of the players they want to offer us in exchange.
    “We believe in the player a lot and we would prefer to sell him in a co-ownership deal rather than letting him go outright.”
    Gabbiadini is a 20-year-old Italian Under-21 international who is being tipped for a bright future. It is believed that he will be bought by Juve and then sent out on loan to a smaller club.
    Meanwhile, Marino added that Juventus’ move for left-backPeluso had stalled. “Negotiations with Juve for Peluso were quite advanced, but the situation is currently on stand-by.
    “The situation has now changed and I can see a future abroad for Peluso, even if we can talk to Juve again if they get back in touch.”

Is he better than PDC ?

19. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is the Door ----->
    ;)

just kidding! but, no thank you to the all italian lineup...

20. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    a 3-2-3-2 Formation with two deep lying playmakers and no width in the midfield

Just revolutionary

21. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jordi Alba to Barca for 14m.

22. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd rather just spend the money on Balotelli. Big game match winner unlike any player out there. He just wins.

23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes sir!!!!! Balo to Juve for 40m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    like i said, if he can grow up then i have no issues with him here, he would be a star

25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy