It's Silly Season...2012 Summer Transfer Thread (Speculation, Rumours, Etc.)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by ArtemioD, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Still no agreement with Cagliari regarding Albin Ekdal. Everybody was assuming that the co-ownership would be renewed without fuss, but at this rate it could go to the envelopes...

2. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I can't see any reason why we would want him. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up, and I don't think he's been impressive. I'm sure it will go to a blind auction with Cagliari bidding no more than 3m for him, and winning.

3. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I actually rate him more than you do. I think he's a pretty decent player. Would've much preferred him at Juve instead of Padoin.

Not that it matters anymore because he's fully owned by Cagliari now.

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Talks we may have lost out to Napoli for Verratti. Fuck!

6. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As crazy as it sounds, more rumors swirling about Juve in for Ranocchia and may be able to swoop in for Borini if Roma don't finalize that deal in the coming hours (believe today is the deadline).

Kind of crazy, it seems like we are on a mission to hoard all of the best Italian talent.

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    nothing new there

8. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I love the way Siena have trolled Preziosi and Moratti. I hope Marotta was behind it!

9. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think there is. When I heard Juve trying to sign Ranocchia from Inter and Juve trying to prize away Borini from out under Roma I thought these were clearly bullshit rumors. However, the rumors have continued for days now and have not really been dismissed by the parties involved. So, they look like possible deals (although still unlikely).

10. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather Borini over Destro. I personally rate him higher.

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pescara are playing the same game that Udinese did with D'Agostino. We all know how that ended for them.

As Antonio Labbate tweeted earlier, if they rate him that highly, why not take him off the market so he can prove his quality with Pescara this season and then be worth even more next summer? They're trying to milk us for every bloody penny and I don't blame them. But I also don't blame us for not giving in to their every demand.

I trust Paratici when it comes to scouting young players. We paid 6m for Gabriel (another reason we don't need Verratti). If we thought Verratti was worth what they want at the moment then we'd be willing to pay it.

12. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    It's all a ploy by Conte to not have difficulty talking with his players.

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought we bought him for 2M?

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    whats new about Juventus having all the best italians? Been that way since the club was born

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, 3m for Gabriel and 3m for his useless older brother Guilherme, who immediately went on loan to D'Alessandria once he stepped foot in Italy. We bought him to help "grease the wheels" with Resende for Gabriel and to help him (Gabriel) combat homesickness. So essentially it was 6m for Gabriel because we never had any hope or intention for his brother.

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh, I thought you meant us pursuing Ranocchia and Borini is nothing new. Yea, you're right about the hoarding of the best Italians.

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's that bad, Guilherme? I always thought they were both seen as prospects, but Gabriel clearly has innate abilities where he could become world class.

18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Apparently. He's a year older and was still in Resende's youth team while Gabriel was starting against the likes of Flamengo in the Carioca championship.

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    6M for the both of them? We got gipped.

Then, again, if Gabriel is "the next Redondo" (dun dun dunn), it's pennies.

20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't know if he's the next Redondo, but a friend of mine who watches Brazilian football religiously (he supports Sport Recife) rates his potential very highly. For me, his word is close to gospel when it comes to rating Brazilian players.

21. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Never gets old :ROFLMAO:

Personally I'd love to see a Gio for JoJo swap and a Poacher. Verratti is more of a luxury although I'd love to have him under Juve as well

usnroach repped this.
  22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not saying I doubt you or him, but who else has he praised highly that turned out to be a good player if you don't mind me asking?

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I have that phrase copyrighted in Italian too.

KensingtonSC repped this.
  24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Co-ownership deals concluded
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    Inter have signed Samuele Longo back from Genoa, Juventus handed AlbinEkdal to Cagliari and Gaetano D'Agostino is all Siena among several deadline day co-ownership agreements.
    Youth team striker Longo had been co-owned between the two clubs, but this evening Inter bought out the remaining 50 per cent from Genoa.
    Cagliari have bought Swedish midfielder Ekdal from Juventus for €1.2m, to be paid over the next three seasons.
    Juve renewed their co-ownership agreement with Genoa for Under-21 international hitman Ciro Immobile, as did Inter with Cesena for LucaCaldirola.
    Siena have bought out the remaining half of former Italy midfielderD’Agostino’s contract from Udinese.
    Bologna took the other half of striker Robert Acquafresca from Genoa and renewed their co-ownership agreement with Palermo over Francesco DellaRocca.
    Parma bought out Novara’s share in defender Paulo Hernan Dellafiore.
    Torino took 50 per cent of defender Riccardo Fiamozzi, who will remain atVarese next term, but Varese now fully own Giulio Ebagua from Toro.
    Genoa bring back Slovenian midfielder Dejan Lazarevic from his co-ownership spell at Padova.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Deadline day co-ownership deals
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    As the deadline approaches, a series of co-ownership deals have beenfinalised, including Pescara, Milan, Juventus, Udinese, Novara, Palermo and Genoa.
    Pescara have renewed the co-ownership agreement with Milan for defender Simone Romagnoli, while they bought out half of Roma youngster GianlucaCaprari.
    Udinese have sold midfielder Thierry Doubai to Sochaux after the French side took up their option on the Ivory Coast player.
    Udinese also handed Zdenek Zlamal to Sigma Olomuc on a three-year contract, while Diego Mainz and Dani Benitez have been loaned to Spanish club Granada.
    Samir Ujkani and Michel Morganella have returned to Palermo after two years at Novara, but Siena have handed striker Pablo Andres Gonzalez back toNovara.
    Juventus sold half of 20-year-old striker Alberto Libertazzi to Novara and signed Stefano Beltrame from the relegated club.
    Sampdoria have renewed their share of Jonathan Rossini with Udinese, but bought out Fernando Tissone.
    Torino have renewed their co-ownership arrangement with Torino for Kamil Glik, but bought out Riccardo Meggiorini from Genoa.
    Siena and Napoli renewed their co-ownership agreement over midfielder Daniele Mannini, who will remain in Tuscany for another season.
    Novara bought out goalkeeper Tomas Kosicky from Catania in exchange for Takayuki Morimoto.
    Genoa sold defender Andrea Esposito to Lecce on a permanent transfer after he spent last season with the Salentini.
    Cagliari have right-back Ignazio Carta again after buying out the remaining 50 per cent of his contract from Latina.