Its On: 10 Cup Finals

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Mar 3, 2014.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True, but one could hope they would be resistant being further dragged through the mud.

3. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget about Palace, that is going to be a tough road trip for both us and City. Pulis will have them set up to do a job and they will be happy to work their assess off for a 0-0 draw.

4. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I see Man City winning the league simply because of the games in hand that they have. We should finish second. If at the beginning of the season someone told me we will be challenging for the title I would have laughed it off, but at the moment the run we are in there is no reason why we cannot come second. Obviously winning the league will be extremely satisfying but I just cannot see it happening this season.
    Chelsea should definitely finish third. The arrogance, the attitude and the general demeanour of that club and their manager suggests that they should get the title by default not on hard work or merit. The way the chavs are run, and Mourinhos constant nonsense really makes me hate that club quite a lot. I kind of respected what Mourinho had achieved ("had") previously and thought he was a fresh of breath air in his first stint. Now he just comes out as an annoying and arrogant rich kid.
    I also feel hurt at how Chelsea fans referred to Benitez as a "fat spanish waiter" and how Mourinho came out and said he does not care about the Europa cup. He basically shat on Benitez achievements. It was hard for him cause his players were against him as well as the fans .He went about his job professionally. I do not favour Benitez or anything but the insults and derogatory comments towards him or any manager are unwarranted. There is humorous banter, and then there is plain evil. They tip towards the plain evil.
    1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal/Everton with Arsenal having a better goal difference.

5. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal have really had the stuffing knocked out of them, but it would be nice if they could muster up some sort of fight and take points off Citeh. I see this one ending 4-0 Citeh, however.

6. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you absolutely, positively need a goal count on the SAS

[​IMG]

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #82 Red Bird, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    some inspiring soundtrack from the 1980s

8. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Eye of the tiger baby, Eye of the tiger...

9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    .. let's fight and keep them dreams alive!

10. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm in!

Did I say come at them from the start and ATTACK?!!!

Wingtips1, liverbird and kopiteinkc repped this.
  11. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an amazing day. If we win out, we win the league. Still improbable but very possible. What a fun season.

12. detective_cohle

detective_cohle New Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The possibility of wining EPL...

I think Manchester City has an edge over Liverpool and Chelsea. They have played fewer matches than the two and they also have easier teams to deal with than the one in Liverpool and the other in London for the rest of the season. Agree?

13. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, these last 7 games will be great fun.

14. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it's six now. YNWA

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    and if one green bottle should accidently fall, there'll be 6 green bottles hanging on the wall.

Twenty26Six repped this.
  16. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 more cup finals.

Before every match, I still keep expecting us to have an off day. But, about 5 minutes into every game, it is blatantly obvious we are the better team.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    The Team of the Season is gonna be chock full of Reds. Skrtel, Gerrard, Sturridge and Suarez. Player of the Year has to be down to Suarez or Toure. The title just might decide who wins it.

18. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yaya has been great, but the top scorer and assister in the league will win it regardless of who wins the title. He's made so many defenders his bitch that none will want to anger him by being the one not to vote for him.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but it's not even a question for me.

If Suarez doesn't get POTY, it's the biggest screwjob ever.

B.A. and idreamofpikas repped this.
  20. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look at some of the ballots making the rounds on Twitter for Player's choices - it's Suarez by a landslide.

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I told my Father the other day that it's hard to imagine us not having at least one more stinker this season but we just keep on rolling. I really hope I'm wrong because my hopes are so through the roof right now and any kind of heartbreak now will make me inconsolable for months.

Twenty26Six repped this.
  22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Truly deserved. But say if the 4 I mentioned (at least 3 will for sure be named) make the Team of the Season, this will be the most ever in the Premier League ever for the club right? Isn't it usually filled with Man U/Arsenal boys.

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's just not happening, is it? Just about everybody, except Rodgers and the players and a few thousand die-hards, is expecting an implosion. Hence all this talk of pressure, nervousness witnessed in the last 20 minutes Sunderland match etc.

And now " ... they haven't had European football to contend with ..." is being trotted out with increasing hysteria and regularity. Can somebody remind of the last time when a team that wasn't in Europe won the title?

MetroChile repped this.
  24. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Skrtel was great on Sunday. Saved one clear goal. Had several strong clearances.

I'm sending my dues to @usscouse this afternoon for membership into the Martin Skrtel Fan Club. Send me my fake tattoo.

25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should add Everton to this mix - 4pts off Arsenal with a game in hand - for top 4 I mean.