It's officially official: Cosmos to play at Hofstra

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by bullsear, Sep 25, 2012.

1. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    So kick-off will be in Long Island? Well its a start and will take a while to build a repeat ticket sale fanbase . I hope to see a game.

2. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, building it in stages like San Antonio Scorpions stadium would be the way to do it. 25K is just too big to start at.

3. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ticket Packages/Prices are up on the Cosmos website for the 2013 Fall Season :

http://nycosmos.com/tickets

axxess mundi repped this.
  4. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    It depends where they build it and if the stadium would be used for concert venues. That could be a good way to bring revenue for the club.

5. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cosmos Return To Playing Field On August 3, 2013
    link
    El Cosmos de Nueva York regresara a la cancha el 3 de Agosto
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

brentgoulet repped this.
  6. modernfootball

Apr 15, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    --other--
    Any word on how many season tickets have been reserved so far?

7. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    So the supporters pay the same price as fans at the corner flags? That seems sorta strange to me for some reason.

A quick look around the league didn't prove that there's any one way it's done, but the Scorpions, Stars, and Silverbacks all have sweeter deals for their supporters.

Didn't the site just go live last night? Considering there was little to no press lead up to it, I wouldn't hope for too much yet.

8. modernfootball

Apr 15, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh, right. The deposits started awhile ago but it was only for people who signed up for the mailing list first.

9. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've been collecting deposits for about a month now. All we know is that they got around 100 $50 deposits in the first five hours. No info outside of that.

10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    the price range seems reasonable, the $35 tickets on game day look like the better deal for some one like me who will be attending sporadically. Just to clarify I read earlier on this thread that it takes one hour and 45 min to get to Hofstra from Manhattan. It all depends where you are starting your commute, If you leave Penn station on a express train to Hempstead you should get there in about 45min, then you would walk across the street to the bus terminal and catch the bus which leaves you within a five minute walk from the stadium all together it should no more than an hour and 15 min commute. Im sure that just as they do for Brooklyn Nets games and other events at Barclays arena the LIRR will run trains express and with closer departure times.

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly that club71 option is nice - also you can pay it off in 10 months??? Thats like 30 bucks a month if you do the supporters section - not bad at all

16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

How do you get that 10 month payment plan? Do they run a credit check? How many seats did you buy? Im a little apprehensive about season tickets, most of the time I'd be going with a group of 4-5 people, but I would not be able to go to all home games, not sure what the best approach is.

CCSUltra repped this.
  17. Mr.Smartypants

Mr.Smartypants Red Card

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    University College Dublin
    Its just an option you can select when you purchase the tickets, not sure about a credit check but i doubt it.

I look at season tickets like this: 1) It is convieniant to just have the tickets for the home games up front, means you don't have to mess around with single tickets here and there game to game. 2) buying seasons gets you a host of additional benefits that you otherwise wouldn't get; 3) its a commitment of support for your club and helps them.

That said, if you know you can only make a couple games in the fall, the smart economic play is to just grab single match tickets in a block with your 4-5 other friends when the go on sale.

18. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Are the tickets "flex"? What I mean by that is, can you use any ticket for any game? The MN Stars (and the Thunder before them) used a flex model for years, and that's what my friends and I would always do. We knew that we wouldn't be able to get to all of the home games, so for every one we couldn't go to, we'd bring a friend to one we could.

19. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks for the input. I have emailed the cosmos through the contact us link on their site, hope I can get someone on the phone. I'll let you know how it goes.

20. Mr.Smartypants

Mr.Smartypants Red Card

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    University College Dublin
    Not sure, but I think they may have a Never-Waste-A-Ticket program that could feasably address some of those concerns. I'd just wait until they get ready to sell to general public on the 12th and contact them to see what type of arrangements they can offer you.

21. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Honestly - im sure you will be able to walk up day of and get a ticket - i doubt sell outs for every game.

22. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at their Facebook it looks like they have quite a few cheap ass "fans" that are jumping ship now. They're crying the prices are to high. Lol. God people are stupid.