It's never too early...Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that we have a lot of decisions to make. We obviously will need to improve our depth across the board for CL, etc. That said, it still would not surprise me if we turn towards the likes of Ibe, Wisdom, Suso, etc. to fill out the squad while making a few key signings. It seems to be the way of FSG.

But what do we do with: Borini, Assaidi, Coates, Reina, Aspas, Alberto? I would think that the only one of those to return would be Assaidi who looked good until injury with Stoke.

2. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Might be photoshopped but take a look at other pictures of him Minajnaoghwohwogh.jpg Minajnaoghwohwogh.jpg Minalahwoghowghwohgowgh.jpg

LGRod repped this.
  3. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's clearly the black Shelvey

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I see no reason for Borini not to come back.

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That guy makes Freddy adu look young!

LGRod, Twenty26Six and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  6. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Me neither BUT he plays both Man City and Chelsea this week. He could help us win the title and change both our minds.

liverbird repped this.
  7. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see us bringing in a high priced AM type or a Konoplaynka (SP?) but not buying a lot of bench depth. I think we could see several of these guys brought back for next season. Do we still own Illori - I'd think he would be in the mix? But I think Borini would almost be a lock as badly as we need backup for SAS. Be curious to see ow this all plays out - but then, I love the silly season.

8. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    #308 Menace2Sobriety, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    I definitely think Borini and Illori will be back as will Suso and Ibe. Alberto will have a part to play next year as well. That provides enough depth for the various competitions next season. New signings should be competition for 1st team places - Rakitic, Kono, and perhaps a LB. I'd love M'Villa too but that's being greedy. Given the emerging talent in the U21s and BR's willingness to give the academy kids an opportunity, we should be fine.

Aspas, Coates, Assaidi (even though I think he'd be able to provide excellent cover), and Reina will be sold or loaded out with an option for a permanent transfer. Cissoko will also return to his parent club.

Quality over quantity please.

9. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rakitic, Shaqiri/Kono, and a LB would be my perfect summer. With Borini, Suso, and Ilori returning, we'd have sufficient depth to stay in the top 4 and make a run to the knockout rounds of the CL.
    Coady, Aspas, Coates, Assaidi, and Reina will be sold - a solid 20-25m in sales that pays for one of the 'top, top' players we'll sign.

Twenty26Six and zenden repped this.
  10. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A host of Premier League clubs, Liverpool included, are monitoring Rotherham United 18 yr old starlet Dan Rowe, currently impressing on-loan at Wycombe Wanderers.

Atletico Madrid forward Arda Turan has long been known as something of a Liverpool fan and, with the Reds edging towards a stunning title triumph, the Turkey international has expressed his affection once again.
    Turan was given a Liverpool shirt when his friend and international colleague Nuri Sahi moved to Anfield, and the coveted winger has again conveyed the depth of feeling he has towards the Merseyside club. "Yes, I have a soft spot for Liverpool," Turan told EuroSport. Steven Gerrard is a very special player for me. Liverpool's history, the atmosphere at Anfield is really fascinating." Back to back titles in different leagues for this man? I'd love to see him join, but at 27, doesn't seem that our owners would be ready to splash the cash (even though an experienced, in his prime player wouldn't hurt at all...)

Reports are surfacing that reigning Serie A champions Juventus could be set to rival Borussia Monchengladbach and Premier League club Liverpool for the signature of Young Boys' Swiss hotshot Michael Frey.

Sam Allardyce will personally fly to Germany on Saturday to scout Nurnberg striker Josip Drmic, reports the Daily Mail. Emerging as one of the brightest talents in Germany, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool have sent scouts to watch the Swiss international this season.

Valencia are challenging Arsenal and Liverpool to land Paris Saint-Germain starlet Lucas Digne on loan this summer. Both Premier League giants were in pursuit of the talented left-back before he completed a £13million move from Lille to PSG at the end of last season.

West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame claims Liverpool want to sign him.

Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka has admitted that he is supporting Liverpool in the Premier League title race despite his January move to the club falling through. "Liverpool are challenging for the league in England. I'm supporting them. I want them to win it. Yes, us and Rodgers talked a little bit to each other. The interest from Liverpool was very much serious. It was serious, but now I'm thinking of it only as a dream, because [Dnipro] are challenging for league."

Liverpool continue to monitor Ricardo Rodriguez of Wolfsburg, who will be at the World Cup with Switzerland. Lots of links to the Swiss...

In what seems a remarkably ambitious move, Premier League table toppers Liverpool could try and sign Arsenal’s star centre-half Laurent Koscielny, reports Football Direct News.

Liverpool could make a summer move for highly-rated Porto youngster Juan Fernando Quintero,[football] direct news understands. The 21-year-old Colombian, who has been compared with Barcelona star Lionel Messi, is one of the most highly rated young players in world football at the moment, and could be set to attract further interest in the upcoming summer transfer window.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-brendan-rodgers-wants-more-3405374
    Brendan Rodgers will demand more control over transfers when he opens talks about a new Liverpool contract at the end of the season. And the Reds boss hopes he will be negotiating from a position of strength by landing the club’s first title in 24 years.

EruditeHobo and idreamofpikas repped this.
  11. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chilean press so please take with a grain of salt...

Sánchez is Barca's 2nd leading league goalscorer yet for some reason has not been starting. And in fact, the last 4 games he has not started, Barca have lost. At any rate, he's rumored to be unhappy and has been linked to us and Juventus.

And this wouldn't be the first time we hear his name linked to Liverpool.

zenden and Twenty26Six repped this.
  13. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather have Arturo Vidal. He's done all he can in Italy. Time to move on. :D

EruditeHobo, MetroChile and zenden repped this.
  14. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ricardo Rodriguez and Quitero look the business

15. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been monitoring the progress of the 20-year-old Hakan Calhanoglu, who has scored 10 goals and grabbed three assists in a dismal season for the Bundesliga strugglers (Hamburg).

Liverpool are planning a £6m move for David Marshall if Cardiff are relegated at the end of the season, according to reports from the Metro...Now Liverpool have also entered the race, with Brendan Rodgers keen to draft in a goalie to challenge current number one Simon Mignolet and provide cover for next season.

Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal are all tracking Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann ahead of the summer transfer window, according to reports from The Mirror.

Borussia Dortmund defender Marcel Schmelzer has emerged as a target for Liverpool, according to reports in Germany. A fee of 10m is reported.

SWANSEA defender Ben Davies has played down talk of a move to Atletico Madrid after also attracting interest from the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Liverpool have received a boost ahead of the January transfer window after target Guillermo Ochoa revealed he would be interested in a move to the Premier League. The Ajaccio goalkeeper is said to be a target for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers, who wants to snap up the 28-year-old when his contract expires in the summer.

Recurring links to Fernando (Porto) and Inler (Napoli) as CM reinforcement.

8m move for Sandro from the Spuds. Doesn't make sense to me...but what do I know?

Liverpool’s push to add top quality additions to strengthen squad ahead of a return to the Champions League will see Brendan Rodgers ready to make an offer for Real Madrid youngster Isco.

Liverpool are said to be plotting a move for AS Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman despite the fact that the Dutch international is currently sidelined with a long term injury.

More links to Will Hughes.

16. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Strootman is quality. Good enough to start right away

Ochoa is an excellent shot stopper but terrible in the air

17. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    quintero needs some years in porto before making any move to a top club Imo, still great young talent. he will be great LiverPool if he gets signed in the future.

18. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prophetic!

19. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if Liverpool can get 8+ for Reina, you might be right about the 25m number, otherwise, it should be around 20.
    the club will lose money on Aspas but gain it back with Assaidi. Coates is a question mark. Coady probably is worth about 1m, at best.

20. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't we linked with Ochoa last year? I seem to remember Mexican commentators linking him with us during the WC qualifiers last spring. I guess getting him on a free as a #2 isn't bad but from what I have seen of him he isn't an improvement on Mingolet.

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The other said I read somewhere that one of his potential destinations would be Marseille (which I personally wouldn't mind as I like Marseille).

22. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ochoa wouldn't be a bad backup I suppose. If possible I'd prefer someone else for obvious reasons... but I've seen him have some great performances in years past. Looks like a pretty good budget signing.

23. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yea he doesnt want to come here to be a backup. And he likes it in France so thats the best option for him

24. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He was voted Sunderlands Young Player of the Year

25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Udinese's Colombian striker Luis Muriel might become the subject of a big transfer tussle in the summer. It has emerged that most of the top Italian clubs and Liverpool are interested in acquiring the services of the 23-year-old, according to Tutto Mercato.

Barcelona are willing to cash in on Cristian Tello this summer - but Liverpool will have to fight off AC Milan to secure the Spanish winger's signature.

Lazio are preparing a summer move for Monaco youngster Nicolas Isimat-Mirin, who was previously targeted by Fulham, Liverpool and West Ham.

Liverpool and Everton are set for a surprise summer battle for QPR midfielder Stephane Mbia, according to reports from France Football.

Bayern Munich will make one-time Liverpool target Diego Contento available for transfer this summer, according to Bild. The 23-year-old, who was the subject of an approach from the Reds last summer, has barely featured in Pep Guardiola's first-team plans this season, managing only six league starts.

Brendan Rodgers is looking to land Ukraine star Yevhen Konoplyanka at the second time of asking this summer.

Reports in Russia also claim that Liverpool want to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Borussia Dortmund.