It's never too early...Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His wage demands coming from Man Shitty would probably be astronomical though.

2. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Stephen Ireland once looked their best player and look how quickly he deteriorated. He's constantly been injured the last few seasons, why would we spend on a defensive player who is an almost certain risk? Our defenses biggest problem this season has been the constant changes signing Micah would not help that.

It's a pointless debate, though as Man City offered him a new contract which he turned down. He's leaving for first team football, something he is not guaranteed here.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  3. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hello Newcastle!

poopoobigelow repped this.
  4. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Generally agree, but if we can't come to terms with Johnson and Richards is willing to take something in the ball park of 50k/wk, it wouldn't be the worst piece of business, and could be one with a pretty big upside. Seems unlikely though at this point.

Its in the interest of both LFC and Richards to have stories of the connection out there. Helps remind Johnson that we have options and helps Richards get Newcastle to give him a stupid contract.

5. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    a story doing the rounds is that rubin stopped m'vila from joining us in january. that's a shame. although, we probably wouldn't have ever moved stevie back, though, had that happened. i still want him in the summer.

6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Although, if the truth be told, he seems to be unprofessional bastard who's now fcuked off to France or somewhere.

7. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Leicester City are planning a surprise bid for highly-rated Racing Club starlet Luciano Vietto, who has also attracted admiring glances from Arsenal and Liverpool.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are locked in a six-way race to sign Benfica striker Rodrigo.

Granada have denied claims that Real Madrid have already agreed a deal for their left-back Guilherme Siqueira, currently on loan at Benfica. The 27-year-old joined the Lisbon giants for the season last summer, having been strongly linked with the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool.

Representatives of Liverpool and Arsenal target Federico Fazio will travel to Sevilla this month to discuss his future with club officials, according to sources in Spain.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool target Romulo Borges admits he is flattered by speculation linking him with Barcelona. The Premier League trio are all keen on the Spartak Moscow man, with Reds boss Brendan Rodgers strongly expected to bolster his midfield ahead of the Reds' anticipated return to the Champions League.

8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't actually know this... agreed about injuries and perceived flaws/weaknesses, but I think drawing a comparison to Kelly might be a bit too flattering to Kelly despite his infrequent great performances for LFC. Richards still only 25 as well. But if he does want some sort of guarantee re: first team play, then it's true that Liverpool might not be high on his wish list.

9. Chimaera

Chimaera Member

Mar 26, 2009
    La Plata, Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they would sell Johnson and put in Richards, pending on his wage demands. Worst case you can have Flanno there as the deputy.

They still need a leftback.

For all M'Vila's warts, he's a quality player who probably will end up getting a call with France to the World Cup, and probably playing a decent bit. If I'm Moyes, I don't know if I want him, and if I'm Spurs, with no manager, probably the same. But I think we're quickly coming to a point where Rodgers can take players like him and get something out of him. Might not work perfectly, but Rodgers isn't a shrinking violet, and won't be pushed around like other managers. He's dealt with the Suarez deal, and he has the backing of ownership to do what he needs to do (even if that means threatening to sit them in the reserves or the stands). He's a gifted player who could do a lot for this club given the right circumstance. I would take him in a heartbeat, nuts, problem, or not.

10. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #285 Wingtips1, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Liverpool have been linked with a club record £37 million bid for Real Madrid's midfield hotshot Isco.

Alberto Moreno in the news again today. Both us and Real linked.

Liverpool are thought to be keen on in-form German wide-man Kevin Volland with Brendan Rodgers looking to bring in fresh attacking options this summer (9 goals for Hoffenheim this year).

Serie A giants Juventus are believed to be keen to use international winger Sebastian Giovinco as bait to land Liverpool defender Daniel Agger this summer.

Liverpool are set to make one final bid to sign highly sought after Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic this summer before moving on to other targets. a planned meeting between Castro and Rakitic’s agent on Tuesday didn’t go as according to plan for the club and the news has once again opened the door for Liverpool to make another move for the 27-year-old midfielder.

Liverpool are set to rival Arsenal for the signature of highly-rated AC Milan full-back Mattia De Sciglio this summer.

Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has claimed that he rejected a move to German and European champions Bayern Munich last summer in favour of a switch to Anfield instead, according to Inside Futbol.

Liverpool will rival Tottenham Hotspur for Brazilian Jorginho with Arsenal’s interest waning. The 22 year old has impressed for Hellas Verona this season.

Liverpool have been quoted with surprising interest in Leroy Fer.

This one out of left field - Brendan Rodgers is said to be keen on taking Paulinho, the 25-year-old Brazilian, up north to maximise his potential in the English top flight.

Real Madrid are eyeing a mouth watering offer of 40m for Philipe Coutinho.

11. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As awesome as it would be to get Isco, a winger and a fullback need to come first. We already have Countinho and Suso is coming back. Isco's obviously better than both, but AM just isn't a need.

Unless of course we brought in a Left Back and Kono/Shaqiri/Rakitic firt, and were STILL willing to buy Isco, then we'd be in heaven...

12. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are about to win the league with the fullbacks we have. If we can get Isco for 37m it would be madness to let that go by. We still need attacking depth with CL next year. Phil, Sterling and Ibe can play on the outside.

If you gave me the choice of Isco and the fullbacks we have or a slight upgrade at fullback and no Isco, I'm taking Isco all day long.

13. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I disagree. I'm not a huge fan of playing players out of position, and Coutinho will still be a better AM than a winger. Ibe is not going to be ready to play for a team with our ambitions yet, loan him within the EPL. I would rather spend what it takes to get Xherdan Shaqiri if we're willing to spend big on an attacking player. This is up for debate, but I think Shaqiri is more of an improvement over Sterling than Isco is over Coutinho.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting both, though. Give me both of them and I'll pass on improvements at full back.

14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would Madrid sell Isco, what kind of leverage does he have? Coutinho to Madrid? Wow that all looks like madness. Silly season starting early this year. Doesn't make any sense to get rid of Isco and fold Coutinho into that team.

I'm very curious to see the plan going forward, what they are doing with returning loans as well as what they'll target in the market. Where are Aspas, Assaidi, Borini, Wisdom, Alberto left in the larger context of this team? Interesting upcoming summer.

idreamofpikas repped this.
  15. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    37 million?

No.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  16. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Isco is not going anywhere this summer. He's not Canales, who was constantly poor and injured during his time in Madrid. He has been a success. 15 goals and assists in La Liga and Champions League from a 21 year old Spanish squad player is a brilliant return.

Ozil was moved on because his wages were very high, I imagine Isco to be on considerably less.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  17. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    EXACTLY. If Real want to get rid of him for 20-ish - yes. Paying in the 30m range for a player is just not what we need to be doing - nor do I think we even have the capability of doing so if we want to bring in more than 1 player this summer.

18. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Rakitic seems the only likely target doing the rounds to me. Maybe jorginho.

newterp repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about scholesyinho?

LGRod repped this.
  20. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't Jorginho play for Napoli?

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes, he moved there during the winter. I dunno if it was a loan but if it was a permanent transfer, I think at this point he's off limits...unless we make a ridiculous offer, which wouldn't make sense.

22. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just looked into it and it is apparently a four-and-a-half year co-ownership deal between Napoli and Verona.

23. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That 17 yr old Lazio midfielder looks like he'd be in his late 30's

Joseph_Minala_in_a_Lazio_jersey_2014-04-12_02-12.jpg

LGRod repped this.
  24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crickey, does anybody really believe he's a teenager?

LGRod, liverbird and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  25. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody believe he isn't photoshopped? he looks nigh 50! Pele looks younger.

LGRod repped this.