It's A Cruel, Cruel Summer - The Summer Transfer Dread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Yarmolenko

It would be useful having more dribbling, incisive play and end product from the wings particularly with question marks over the futures of Nani and Zaha.

benni... repped this.
  2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If it's between those two Konoplyanka is more versatile but Yarmolenko can play as a forward and has superior end product. It's a toss up depending on what you want.

3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    The ability to carry the ball, and be an outlet. The ability to beat a man..

4. Simply Red

Simply Red Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Ronaldo did job properly. Nani has the skills for the job, but not the decision-making quality that the role requires. I'd still keep Nani for the role with Januzai and Zaha as his students. Money is better spent elsewhere.

5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That's a bit ambitious - that is Suarez, Ronaldo, RvP, Henry in their prime form...

6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nani is a confidence-driven player...simple as that. When he's confident and getting a run of games, he's a constant threat. When he's on the outs with the manager and barely getting a game, he looks afraid to run at people and tries to not mess up rather than influence the game.

It would be nice if he were more mentally strong, but that's not the case.

cr7torossi and Invincible repped this.
  7. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    United under moyes' reign is a sink or swim environment right now; exactly the type of environment that Nani cannot do well in.

And by sink or swim I mean: "Play well in any position and system I play you in, regardless of whether it suits you or not and make me look good in the process because I need my job."

johno and benni... repped this.
  8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I thought sink or swim, if you play bad you won't get on the field. The environment isn't built with a football ideology or a winning mentality. Meaning that if players play they still play as they are his favorites. Any winning coach would not be afraid to bench the underperforming players and try something. that is what took Fergie to keep his job.

9. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Would you want Rodgers in there instead of Moyes?

10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed. We'll see whether or not Moyes intends on keeping Nani by how much he plays him in the remaining games. I'd love for Nani to tear a couple teams apart and go into the WC with some confidence, but it's more likely he rides the bench and leaves in the summer.

11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd take Rodgers over Moyes in a heartbeat. It's not that I rate Rodgers as a manager, it's that I think that little of Moyes.

12. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would have to disagree with that. Nani's biggest issue is when he's under pressure to perform, or on the out's with the manager as you put it, he forces things too much. He tries too many hero moves, and hero shots. Ultimately, its when under pressure that his decision making is at it's worst.

13. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed.

Rodgers is far from being a proven top class manager, he has yet to win anything, or any European experience, or show he can deal with big club stuff (PR / business / stars etc), transfers at the top level.

That being said, hes an upgrade on Moyes as he plays a modern system, has implemented it successfully twice, and does seem able to get players to overperform (a big part of Liverpools sucess this year IMHO, with an average squad).

Rodgers has shown he has 2 spikes, with the rest unknown. Moyes is bad at everything. Everything.

jeff070, nimma and cr7torossi repped this.
  14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Yep; Moyes has no redeeming qualities from a top club's perspective.

15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you see the last game when he came off the bench? Granted it's a very small sample size, but outside of one run into the box, he didn't attempt a pass of more than 5 yards. He also looked very uninterested, but that's another story.

16. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would want Roy Rodgers here instead of Moyes. In fact I would take his horse over Moyes.

jeff070 repped this.
  17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    This Rodgers hype is frankly laughable.

benni... and barroldinho repped this.
  18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    This is how idiotic arguments get started here. What "hype" is there? People are discussing him because Liverpool are top of the league but no one is "hyping" him. In fact, I see more posts criticizing him than praising him.

Ugh...

19. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He is playing good football, and promoted some really needed youth from the academy and outside. These are very good positives.

Dhajj repped this.
  20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Some of the rags had linked him with Barcelona FFS.

21. TheRedDevil

TheRedDevil Member

May 16, 2012
    Liverpool's Perch
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/andrea-pirlo-sir-alex-ferguson-6989745

Pirlo: Sir Alex Ferguson blemished his reputation when it came to me

Italian midfielder criticizes former United boss for using Park as a 'guard dog' against him during a 2010 Champions League tie.

Andrea Pirlo has criticised Sir Alex Ferguson for using Ji-Sung Park to man-mark the Italian in the Champions League in 2010.

The Juventus midfielder was playing for Milan when they were thumped 7-2 on aggregate by United in the last 16 of the Champions League four years ago.

Ferguson ordered South Korean Park to man-mark Pirlo in both legs, a tactic that ultimately paid off.

But Pirlo, writing in his autobiography, insists, for him, it has blemished Ferguson's legacy.

Pirlo said: "Even Sir Alex Ferguson, the purple-nosed manager who turned Manchester United into a fearsome battleship, couldn’t resist the temptation.

"He's a man without blemish, but he ruined that purity just for a moment when it came to me. A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night.

"At Milan, he unleashed Park Ji-Sung to shadow me.

"He rushed about at the speed of an electron. He'd fling himself at me, his hands all over my back, trying to intimidate me.

"He'd look at the ball and not know what it was for.

"They'd programmed him to stop me. His devotion to the task was almost touching.

"Even though he was a famous player, he consented to being used as a guard dog."

:D

I don't know why peeps at redcafe think this is disgusting, I find it hilarious :laugh: Apparently his autobiography is filled with other such hilarity.

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'm amazed that a player with his sense of entitlement never made it to Barcelona. As for blemished reputations if that drivel is repeated throughout the book then Pirlo should hang his head in shame.

23. TheRedDevil

TheRedDevil Member

May 16, 2012
    Liverpool's Perch
    Oops. meant to post that in the OTT.

Apologies, transfer muppets

24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  25. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    30 million For Shaw in Telegraph.

And 35 million for Carvalho in a paper and talksport are latest links.

These 2 keep recurring.