Italy's final 23 man roster for Brazil 2014...

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by falvo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    these players need to act like professionals not like little kids.

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think PERIN should be called up for the NT just to get some experience under his belt

he's the future of italy goal keeping, bardi is pretty good too. Perin had like 10 saves vs. milan this weekend and amazing saves too. It woud be a good confidence boost for him if he even gets to train with the NT.

Scorp redded repped this.
  3. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There is most likely going to be 5 forwards on the plane to Brazil.

Balotelli & Rossi are Dead Certs barring injury so that leaves 3 places up for grabs.

potential candidates for going are:

Totti ---> To be honest I'm not sure Totti will want to take part next summer.

Gilardino ---> He has a habbit of sneaking on to every tournament plane so chances are he will be selected.

Insigne ---> Talented but also inexperienced, he needs to do a bit more at club level to merit his place.

Di Natale ---> If he hits 20+goals he should be on the plane. I know he wasn't selected for the Confed Cup but didn't Prandelli say he was resting him for this summer?

Osvaldo ---> Offers nothing in my opinion. I'd rather see a 39 year old Del Piero than Ozzy.

Pazzini ---> Currently he has no chance but maybe if he starts firing when he returns he could make a claim but its highly unlikely in my opinion.

Cassano ---> FantAntonio will have to do a bit more than lose 10kgs to be on the plane. He's had a good start with Parma but its a long season so everyone needs to chill out on this one.

Luca Toni ---> He's making a bit of noise recently but let's be realistic, he wont be picked.

Giovinco ---> He's young but wasted too many opportunities in the past. Unlikely selection.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If Berardi keeps it up, he deserves a look, as well.

5. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Theres no chance for Berardi, maybe allow him to be in the 30 man panel just for the experience before the tournament but he hasnt even been capped at u21 level im fairly sure.

I forgot mention Graziano Pelle in my other post. He deserves atleast a friendly cap at this stage.

6. joe83

joe83 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The only forwards other than Balotelli and Rossi on your list that merit a plane ticket is Insigne and Cassano. That leaves one more spot up for grabs......

What about Borini?? He's had some national team experience, young and quick...

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    PELLE REALLY ?? the guy has inflated dutch league numbers he was crap while playing in italy.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it just me or are a lot of the Nike NT kits are ugly ?

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Why not? The guy has something like seven goals in nine appearances. If he continues at this pace, he deserves a look.

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Regarding Cassano. Its obvious that the reason he has not been called up for the NT since Euro12 is b/c of behavioural considerations. No one can deny that he has the talent, but is his influence on the team dynamic too detrimental? Apparently Prandelli seems to think so.

Personally I think it will be a real tragedy if a player of his genius is never given the opportunity to represent the Azzurri in a World Cup especially when you consider that he is probably in better shape and form than in the lead-up to Euro 2012 and he was instrumental in that tournament.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure what he has done different since 2012 other than getting a heart murmur when he almost died. Balotelli and Osvaldo had just as many disciplinary issues as Cassano has had but they've continued to be picked. Obviously, someone somehwere either the FIGC, the other players in the squad or Prandelli don't want him.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Even though they are different players, if the choice is between Cassano and Osvaldo, that's a no brainer. Cassano is a difference maker.

13. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve it but how often do Italy bring young players? even Verratti has struggled to break in

14. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He's improved his actual gameplay though, he's still an option but an unlikely one at that.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unless FIFA changes its decision to bring more than 23 players, the scenario usually goes as follows:

GK=3

D= 8

M=7/8

F=4/5

16. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    INSIGNMANIA

COPA DEL MONDO BRASIL

LORENZINHO

IT HIS AND ITALY'S DESTINY

LORENZINHOOOOOOOOOOOO

falvo repped this.
  17. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Cassano made his 100th Serie A goal something special today. Wow.

Prandelli, just once, stop being a stubborn ******** and do the right thing.

falvo repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #43 falvo, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    I can care less if the guy is a screw ball or if he marches to the beat of a different drummer but Casano's skill and class on the pitch can not be debated. Sooner or later, the guy will grow up and sooner is coming soon enough. I hope Mister Prandelli picks him!

Cassano fa un gol pazzesco
    Ma il Bologna in 10 tiene l'1-1
    [​IMG]

19. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    2013-11-30 14.44.17.png Who should I pick to win? I obviously want Italy the odds are good as the world cup is far away should I just back Brazil to win the world cup or is uruguay gonna troll them like 1950? Lol

falvo repped this.
  20. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I definitely am pulling for the Uruguay ultimate troll. I wanted them to win the last one, actually, in order to not add any new countries to the ranks of WC winners... keep the club intimate... and because they just have the ballsiest attitude. Uruguay is the last country of true old-school defending.

(I mean, assuming that none of the countries I usually root for are going to win it (USA, Japan, definitely not going to happen... Italy, if Prandelli gets his head out his ass, maybe))

Chile is an interesting dark horse, but they absolutely cannot ever beat Brazil for some reason, and they have the worst luck against Spain even though they always outplay them, so they would need a favorable path that avoids those two.

21. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    The important part is the second line, in which it states that a 10 man Bologna kept the game level after Parma managed to tie the score. With a power play advantage, he can't lead a team to victory over 10 man Bologna? Bologna!? Mamma mia! :confused:

22. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trapattoni: ‘Balotelli like Edmundo’
    By Football Italia staff

Giovanni Trapattoni has likened Milan enigma Mario Balotelli to controversial Brazilian forward Edmundo.

Trap worked with the latter, nicknamed ‘O Animal’ for his sometimes-erraticbehaviour, at Fiorentina in the late 1990s.

“Balotelli reminds me of Edmundo,” the legendary tactician told Radio Anch’ioSport on Monday.

“I used to talk with him until one or two o’clock in the morning to try and understand what was his problem.

“He used to say ‘yes, yes’ to me and then he’d take to the field of play and argue with Gabriel Batistuta and Manuel Rui Costa…

“Italy boss Cesare Prandelli is good, but he has to be aware as some players carry the risk of snapping the balance within a team.”

Balotelli is a key man for Prandelli, especially heading into the 2014 World Cup Finals in Brazil.

“I think the hosts will be one of the favourites, even if Italy can do very well,” the former Republic of Ireland manager added.

“We have creativity and geniality, and we tend to do well in these competitions. As well as having players of value, there is also a tactical sense – something that not every team has.

“Prandelli can really target the top.”

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #48 falvo, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    I've found in all my years of watching the game., 10 or 11 men, doesn't really change much. As a matter of fact, many times teams actually end up playing better with 10 men. Not sure if it comes from hockey or what but I really think that 1 man advantage thing is overrated.

24. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Great One is out with an injury and could be out for 2 months : (

25. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005