Italy - USA [R] Feb 29, 2012

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Kqql, Feb 25, 2012.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Incredible win for the USA!

2. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow did Italy seriously just lose to the U.S at home? I'm embarrassed to be Italian right now, we played like crap and if we play like this in the Euro it's a certain early departure just like the World Cup.

1 person likes this.
  3. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Pathetic loss. That American team isn't as good as any team we'll be facing in the Euro's. I've been a big supporter of Prandelli, but tonight he was a disaster tactically.

1 person likes this.
  4. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    "After 8 Billion Years... USA have FINALLY won the World Cu.... wait it was just a friendly?! ****! Oh well, let's see what Lin is up too."

5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Out coached once again by a more experienced coach. Two games in a row.

6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    It's a friendly. My disappointment will likely last for about 5-10 minutes. Good thing about it is that most Americans could care less as well.

7. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL... already watching the meltdown happen.

We seriously must have the most pessimistic fan base in the WORLD.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    attack was dead after matri sub

why ogbonna on for 90 min?? and no balzaretti?

embarrasing result to KLINSMAN, a crappy coach, at home!

prandelli got lots of work to do....this is another game he loses when he had control of the game...and just like the ireland and uruguay game, US scored on their one and only chance

9. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    We must have the most bi-polar fanbase in all of professional football :rolleyes:

10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do you expect when we have a coach that changes squads like he changes socks?

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come on now...today and uruguay game were TERRIBLE. 90 min of full attack and u cant get 1 goal in?

and thats ^ with multiple subs in a friendly...not 3 limited like in euro

12. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    We shouldn't be losing to teams like the USA at home. Plain and simple. We had injuries, so did they... even if ours were much better players, it can't be an excuse. We've dominated Ireland, Uruguay and now the States but can't finish these teams. That's a big problem going forward. Not to mention Prandelli was a mess tonight.

13. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy have now officially become a team of the past, like Hungary or Austria thanks to Prandelli's idiocy. They should admit that this generation is a total failure and scrap this whole team b/c most of these losers are not even fit to play for Chivas USA. In the meantime they should either call teams totally made of oriundi or players from Serie B until they at least learn to play at the level of MLS and can beat New Zealand.

14. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    You do realize that it's a friendly and that most coaches tend to expirement in matches such as these, right?

15. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A few months before the Euros you should be giving your team some practice.. not experimenting still.

16. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    It's not the first time we've lost to a far inferior opponent. In fact, we've lost much more IMPORTANT matches than this one to far inferior opponents.

The "home" argument really means very little to me right now. It's not like they had an overwhelming fan turnout anyways (which is usually the case for home friendlies), so I don't really see where the "home advantage" really is in this case aside from the travel time.

Some of you guys really need to take a break from following the NT for a while I think.

17. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have one friendly left before the Euro, not three or four, one. This is not the time to experiment, it's time to prepare and see how the final squad performs, experiments shouldn't be done 3 months before a major tournament.

18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Cassano and Rossi are out, Di Natale just returned from injury, and Balotelli was rightfully left behind for disciplinary reasons. $hit happens. You deal with it, learn from it, and move forward.

19. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's being overblown, just like every time Italy loses.

Like I said earlier, I'd be upset if Italy didn't play well. They just didn't finish. IMO, that's much easier to fix than if they played crap football.

20. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    This is basically it.

We looked MUCH worse heading into WC 2010, but people hardly blew things out of proportion like they are right now. Personally I have more confidence in our current crop of players as well as our brand of football than I did back then, or even during the Donadoni era for that matter. I can pretty much assure you that the finished product will look much better than what we saw here today. The fact that the players looked rather disinterested and lathargic for most of the match didn't help much either.

People are honestly making a fuss for no reason.

21. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No its not. Ask Falvo the voice of reason and he'll say the same thing he has said for years. Where are the goals?

22. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    The fact that we're only 100 days away from the start of Euro 2012 and we're still lacking any identity as a team is very troubling. How many of us have pointed to the win against Spain, and the tough away draw against Germany as signs of our improvement under Prandelli. I know I have, so its only fair that we don't just ignore the bad results because they are "friendlies".

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Some of you guys are way too hysterical over nothing.

When does Italy shine in friendlies?

It was an off game where things didn't go our way. Big deal. The USA got a lucky break scoring that goal and then just sat back and defended extremely well. It's not the end of the world.

The only negative I see is that Prandelli seems to have had his plans destroyed by Rossi and Cassano's injuries. In my opinion this was not the time to exclude Balotelli. Especially over nothing. He's got to our man going into this tournament, there is no one else. Tonight he should have been there and been tested with Giovinco.

Also in my opinion Ogbona was one of our best players out there over the course of 90 minutes.

1 person likes this.
  24. sperglordactual banned

Nov 12, 2011
    Face it yuropoors USA won FIFA!

25. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can everyone else agree that Ogbonna really doesn't belong on the team. We had a shitload of offside's, hopefully Prandelli can really stop experimenting. Is Italy scheduled to play any more friendlies before the EURO?