Italy internationals Stock Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Sempre, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mine:

Balotelli - Di Natale

Montolivo - De Rossi - Pirlo - Marchisio

Criscito - Ranocchia - Chiellini - Maggio

Buffon

I think best subs are: Aquilani, Giovinco, Pazzini, Giaccherini or Cerci, Abate, Nocerino and Motta.

2. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    anyone know how Santon is doing?

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well his team just got beat bad by Spurs today holy crap it was all bad.

4. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Santon is playing well though. He is now a starter at Newcastle. If you look on the Newcastle boards and online you'll see that he's held in high esteem there. He has shown a lot of promise, even if his positioning and defensive work need to develop. He could plausibly fit into Prandelli's plan for Euro 2012.

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SANTON is better than balzaretti and criscito.
    Abate should also get a chance but maggio is better than him. def. abate over cassani

6. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No offense but I dont think Ranocchia is making this team because A he isnt a starter and B when he does play his ratings usually go like this ever since the Bayern game last year:

Andrea Ranocchia 3.5

Flop of the Match

An absolute horror show from the young defender. Was already struggling to control Ramirez when he gifted Bologna a second goal after inexplicably triying to chest the ball down for himself in spite of the fact that he clearly had no idea where Di Vaio was. Was caught napping again by Diamanti in the second half was lucky to avoid giving away a freekick in a dangerous position. Nearly went some way towards atoning for his earlier errors with a fine header in the second half but Gillet was equal to it. His misery was complete when he was outmuscled by Kone in the run-up to the third goal.

7. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know he is oft-remembered for a shambolic EURO 2008 performance but Andrea Barzagli is having an absolute heck of a year, easily been one of the best defenders in Serie A this year. If he keeps it up, I think it would be a mistake not to at least bring him to the tournament.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you know it might be your guys style of play that is making him look good...

9. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Our possession game definitely contributes to our defensive record, but he is playing extremely well IMHO. Just a thought considering guys like Ranocchia have been error-prone and inconsistent.

10. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Yeah Ranocchia and Bonucci aren't good enough. At this point I'd take Barzagli for sure. Is Cannavaro still playing well with Napoli?

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he is doing alright but he will never get a call up...

12. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i don't think our style of play has ANYTHING to do about how GREAT barzagli has looked this season. bonucci has been in the same style and looked just as horrendous. bonucci or ranocchia being called over barzagli would be a travesty.

maggio-barzagli-chiello-and then a toss up at LB but i would probably pick balzaretti is our best back line

13. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giaccherini is looking interesting. Quick and can beat a defender off the dribble.

14. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barzagli e Giaccherini are both solid players. Both do their jobs and perform adequately. At this point in the season thats what Prandelli should be looking for going into EURO 2012. We need players that are performing week in and week out. In my opinion, Miccoli and Di Natale both deserve a call-up in the preparation games in the lead up to the tournament as well. Pazzini has been goal shy all season and Osvaldo has just come back off of injury. We should destroy an unorganized U.S. team on the 29th if the 23 selected are chosen based off of merit without any bias against them (alla Miccoli and Cassano under Lippi) because Italy's talent pool is extremely large with many players over-looked and taken for granted.

Anybody seen Viviani playing for Roma? Kid has some talent and composure.

15. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who's to say Prandelli dont go with Juve's 3 man back line and play Maggio where he does for Napoli. This is what I'd do except I'd replace Bonucci with De Rossi. De Rossi would totally control the game back there.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    now its juve's 3 man back line :rolleyes: because Napoli hasnt been playing with it for the past idk how many seasons:p

Stephan El Shaarawy is going to be big...

17. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Borini scores again today. Just sayin :p

18. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ranocchia got scorched again today. Miccoli got a goal and a few assists as Palermo beat Lazio 5-1!

19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    After the Viola - Napoli game, Prandelli was asked about P. Cannavaro and Prandelli said it would be hard to consider Paolo since Napoli play 3 man back line and he plays w/4 ...
    ....if Juve stick w/3 man back line then he will have to consider P. Cannavaro especially if he and Napoli do well in CL...
    Paolo is facing same type of competetion he will face @ Euro 2012...

Players doing well in CL/EL must seriously be considered.

Also, Prandelli is likely to play mostly 4312 or 433 ..... and use Abate/Maggio as RBs and Balzaretti/Cristico as LB's.

It will be interesting to see the call ups for Feb 29 game

20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im failing to see why juve staying with a 3 man back line would change the formation of the National team. Paolo wont get a call because of politics furthermore playing in a 3 man back is alot harder to do then a 4 where you got another CB covering you when you make a mistake..

Rannocchia is having a horrble season and doesnt even start anymore Paolo should take his spot but that wont happen...

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I just hope Borini can be called up just to try him. Miccoli has 11 goals and 11 assists in something like 19 games!

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    miccoli has become an assist machine!

i like to see him, di natale given another chance and of course balotelli, giovinco, matri and rossi should be invited. I think pazzini will be a waste of space, he's not that great.

23. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I expect him to be called up because Di Natale, who suppose to start along with Balotelli, is out injured.

Also, look out for ANDREA POLI this Wednesday against OM. He had great performance against Novara two weeks ago and made supporters of Inter asking the head of Ranieri on their dinner plate when he did not start him against Bologna. The dude really is a work-horse, very intellegent with the ball, and a TRUE Centre Midfield.

I also expect Ranocchia to be called up. WHY?? Though he always had horrible times with Inter, he always performs well whenever he gets a call for LA NAZIONALE. He seems to plays his best under Prandelli!

24. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    YESSSSSS!! This guy should stay next season at Roma. I started monitoring him ever since he played on both legs of Roma's Europa League play-off.

I'm gonna smack the next person, writer, or reporter saying Italy is lacking in youth talents. It's just that the coaches in Serie A, other than Conte, Allegri, and Enrique, RARELY GIVE PLAYING TIME!!

25. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bonucci's stock is way down after he made a mistake today that almost cost Juve the scudetto.. well that and Conte's terrible starting lineup. Matri on the other hand scored two (one disallowed) in less then twenty minutes of play.