Italia vs Spain Wed. March 5th (R)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Deleted User x, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

2. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Immobile, FFS, that should have been a goal.
    Spain definitely lost the plot in midfield with all the subs, but at the same time, Giacc's activity is a factor. I understand why people hate him, but I don't think he did anything in this match that will convince Prandelli to drop him from the roster. He brings an X factor, an energy. Considering how many useless stiffs are the alternatives, gormless wonders like Aquilani and Motta, I like Giacc.

jerrito repped this.
  3. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Beh, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I think that if Florenzi and Bonaventura were running high fevers they would still be better players than "Giacc". I dont wanna see that Sunderland bench warmer get called up instead of the likes of Diamanti and Insigne and others - I could go on and on.

4. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Maybe he won't be shit in four years, but he's shit now.

5. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe your opinion wont be shit in four years but it is shit now.

If I remember correctly in that game which I watched live like a true fan De Sciglio kept up with Navas at times which is damn near impossible coming off an injury.

Because Prandelli only chooses 7 defenders a player who can play on both the right or left like him or Santon may become invaluable. He shows composure beyond his years. Great passer. Would he make my 23? Not necessarily but the kid is far from "shit".

Ha I just saw this article two days ago. I suppose it is for nothing?

http://www.football-italia.net/46694/de-sciglio-madrid

6. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    That actually wasn't as bad as I expected. Italy weren't garbage, despite playing with several garbage players, in a garbage formation, they were remarkably coherent and hard to break down, and created almost as many genuine chances as Spain.

The big heroes were obviously Paletta and Barzagli, they looked almost unbreakable, vintage Italian defending. Paletta is a revelation, and plus he looks to be on his way to having Attilio Lombardo's hair, so he must go to Brazil. I don't like him on the ball, he obviously is nowhere near Bonucci in ball control and passing range, but as a defender, that was close to flawless. Barza is a superboss as always. Amazing flick on at the end should have led to an equalizer.

Buffon was great until he let the goal in, how did that happen. He kept out three or four much more serious efforts from Spain than that one.

Abate was OK, but he has regressed again from where he seemed to be breaking through towards real world-class play a couple of years ago. Montolivo was OK, he did some very good things despite a dysfunctional midfield. Once he had Pirlo, he looked much better.

Cerci was excellent. He bothered them a lot with his pace and he was very direct. His lack of real technical quality meant he failed to make the most of some opportunities but he brings something Italy otherwise lacks entirely. Book him for Brazil, even though he's no superstar. The other attackers all failed to distinguish themselves.

Pirlo put in about a 50% effort and still generated two almost-sure goals that were squandered by Osvaldo and Destro, as well as some other passes. Of course he was bypassed on several breaks, it's a friendly, he didn't even try. Still he totally changed the midfield picture, of course.

Bottom line is that Spain will walk away confirmed in the idea that they really don't want to play Italy. A ragtag B-ish Italy in a bad formation still stifled all their pretty passes and created what should have been two to three goals. Could easily have been a draw.

I think against top opposition, Spain in particular, little has changed about Italy's optimal formation since the Euros:
    Balo and Cassano up top, Montolivo as the trequartista (and hope his good version shows up; I would use Veratti but that isn't happening), Pirlo and De Rossi as dual registas essentially, the Juve back three (backed up by Paletta, and maybe he could displace Bonucci), and a choice of mediocrities on the flanks, among which the least worst options are (sad to say) probably Giacc on one side and Marchisio played out of position on the other side. That's the reality, throwing around all these names of guys who are having a good run in Serie A and have never featured for the Azzurri... not gonna happen. The talent pool is shallow... Prandelli let the ship of young talent sail already by never bringing in Veratti/Berardi/etc. in time to prove themselves... so you go with the proven commodities. I would take Diamanti (proven to offer something off the bench), Cerci
    (adds a whole different dimension) and Immobile (need a backup CF; but it will be Gilardinosaur) as backups. In midfield, let's hope Motta gets injured before the end of the season, but its not like there are great options to fill those benchwarmer spots. Really Veratti is a must and Prandelli hopefully will figure that out.

7. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a headache.....

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you try reading this stuff after 4 hours of sleep a hangover + 6 hours of work....

9. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  10. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Of course you do, you're a Milan fan.

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    For reading Davide13's posts, you have to be really drunk as opposed to having a hangover.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you are the best man hahahaha.

13. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    So out of all your rubbish, I just want to clarify one point in particular:
    You are saying that your opinion is more valid because you watched exactly the same feed, of exactly the same match, AT A DIFFERENT TIME?!? Did the version I watched have Di Sciglio's brainfarts edited in later using digital CG, so only those who watched live got to see his magic?

We're done here. This forum has found its new ThreeTenors or Massimo_Oddo (I think those were their usernames, oldtimers correct me).

14. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You mean the team that Kaka plays for?

Your comment about Paletta followed up by a comment about players having a good run in Serie A is the most contradictory retarded thing I have ever read. You are all over the place.

Forget being drunk. You have to be tripping balls to read that stream of consciousness nonsense you just posted above.

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Lucky for you then, that you obviously are.
    [​IMG]

16. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good one. With Montolivo up front and Giaccherini tearing it up at Sunderland that cup is as good as ours. Good night and good luck. Scemo.

17. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Statements like this really piss me off. Here is 50 good players off the top of my head:

GK: Buffon Sirigu Mirante De Sanctis Perin

RB: Cassani De Silvestri Abate Antonini

CB: Chiellini Barzagli Ranocchia Bonucci Lucarelli Gastaldello Astori Ogbonna Domizzi

LB: Antonelli De Sciglio Santon Murru

RM: Candreva Maggio Darmian Florenzi

CM: Pirlo Parolo De Rossi Cigarini Marchisio Poli Verratti

LM: Bonaventura D’Ambrosio Pasqual

AM: Diamanti Totti Cassano Cerci Gabbiadini Insigne

ST: Rossi Balotelli Toni Immobile Destro El Shaawary Paloschi

Notice how I didn't include any Oriundi. This was no mistake. Also notice how I didnt include Montolivo, Motta and Giaccherini because they suck. No room for Criscito and Gilardino either. I also didnt include Berardi because you like him - now I don't.