italia vs netherlands friendly feb 6th (R)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Deleted User x, Feb 3, 2013.

1. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Italy never cares about friendlies. You can see it in the way they play. It is nice to see guys step up and try tho. Balotelli plays best as a center forward. Pirlo plays better when he has guys next to him that run and do work load. I say we build guys around them like that. Verrati can be Pirlo replacement w/o losing much shape. Id like to see a 3-4-3 formation.
    ---------------Buffon--------------
    ----Barzagli------CB-----Chiellini-----
    Abate--------------------------------Criscito
    -----------------Pirlo----DDR----------------
    -----Winger----------------------------SES
    -------------------Balotelli-------------
    I would put Juve's defense as our starting D because they work well together. Abate/Criscito can be replaced with Maggio/Balzaretti if you want or add Santon to mix as well. Pirlo and DDR in Mid would be nice OR move DDR back to def and play another guy next to Pirlo ala Marchiso/Nocerino kinda guy. Than SES works well out wide and Balotelli best up top. Add in a winger like Giovinco/Diamanti and we can have a powerful attack. Ideally Id like G Rossi there but hes so far away from a call up I wont even bother...

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree with changing back to 3-5-2 and giving cannavaro a chance
    this change of formation was the one of the biggest reasonz italy lost to spain in the final...first game they dominated spain with 3-5-2

prandelli leaving national team is the stupidest thing ever. He has come so far and only another year to go til world cup....who the hell can take over now? it would be a stupid move. im pretty sure its all rumors

3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    The only way Prandelli leaves before the World Cup is if he does it by his own will. There's no way in hell the FIGC could be that stupid.

4. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Prandelli already cost us the Euros with his shabby decision making, so why should he get another chance? I say if Italy get embarrassed at the Confederations Cup (and by embarrassed I mean not winning it), dump his ass into the Tiber and find someone new. The new coach would still have a year to prepare, which is more than enough time. Shit, Roy Hodgson only had a few weeks with his England team before Euro 2012 after Capello resigned, and his team still managed to keep Italy coached by the great Prandelli to a scoreless draw.

If Prandelli does go to Brasil and Italy does not win, I hope that you people that supported him will have the courage to admit that you were wrong. I don't want to hear any bullshit about how good we did and how we should all be proud of the team, even though they did not win. Fu<ken Prandelli has already gotten of lightly thanks to a combination of Italian fans getting complacent after the World Cup victory in 06 and the new fans that came after being from a weak generation. It is time to throw down the iron gauntlet! Victory or death!!!

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ everyone please ignore this post

unless u wanna take this thread to 10 pages of arguing in circles. we've already had this discussion extensively.

forza venti repped this.
  6. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not beating Spain and Brazil is an embarrassment ????

7. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Ummm.. We are already embarrassed.. 4-0 remember? Continuing on with Prandelli now, is just prolonging the suffering, unless they bring back gold. If they don't win the Confederations, I think they should go Kevorkian on this project and give the new coach a year to prepare. Furthermore, if they should continue on with Prandelli despite losing in the Confederations and they don't win the world cup, everyone in the federation should be fired w/ no pension for wasting a chance like a world cup in Brasil! To think of the abundance of quality Italian coaches their are right now and we are forced w/ a 2nd novice that has never won anything, just b/c corrupt federation members want to fatten their pockets instead of pay them what they deserve.

If Prandelli wins the Confederations and stops blacklisting deserving players despite all that bullshit about meritocracy, then I'd be willing to give him a chance. Otherwise, vaffanculo!

8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    the only thing i'm worried about with prandelli is his exclusion of cassano.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  9. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Signore, abbi pietà su questi poveri scemi!

10. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with this point. Cassano's been extraordinary for Inter. So much class and vision. We could use his creativity. I'm not convinced the Pharoah is a better support striker, though he might become one in time.

11. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Cassano? Inter have only won two games in Serie A since Dec 22 and those were against Pescara and Chievo. With all the money Morratti spends on his teams, that return is pathetic!! I only wish Prandelli had excluded Cassano before last summer so he would not have cost us the Euros.

12. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Padre Pio, chiedo scusa per questo povero zingaro che non capisce un cazz.

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's been in more sell mode lately.

reposted from a thread in the Milan section:

"Cassano has earned a €200,000 for playing in his 15th game and could earn another €200,000 for reaching 20 goals+assists, he is 3 short"

14. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Why, if he is playing so great, have Inter been doing so poorly? Is it b/c, as the team's creative force, he lacks influence on the pitch? Afterall, he only has one goal more than Saint Miccoli with five more appearances.

But since we are speaking of unjust exclusions, when is Ledesma going to take De Rossi's place? De Rossi, has been injured and is not exactly in sparkling form when he is healthy as of late, having lost his place to Bradley. Meanwhile, Ledesma is vice-captain Lazio, which is doing great this year.

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Maybe there are 10 other players on the field that play a part? Novel idea isn't it!

He was the reason they won on Sunday btw.

16. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    HE, was the reason? What about WE? As a creative forward, isn't he supposed to make the players around him better?

And don't speak of selling.. Pastore, Cavani, Amauri.. If Inter had the players that Palermo has sold over the years the years that burst on the scene after playing with Saint Miccoli, they would be winning Serie A right now. Just b/c Morratti had Stramaccioni freeze out Sneijder and he left, does not make Inter a selling team. They are a team of millionaires owned by billionaires and their current form given the resources at their disposal, is utterly disgraceful, Cassano, et al. If you want to see a team w/ less doing more, see Lazio.

17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  18. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
  19. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

stop insulting people in Italian please.

20. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    어떤 공의 파손!