italia vs netherlands friendly feb 6th (R)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Deleted User x, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Agreed. Typical half arsed Azzurri friendly performance. It's been this way since I can remember long ago, except like today, they used to be able to pull off a draw or 1-0 lack luster win. This is the 6th game in a row that Prandelli has not won in a friendly, but at least it's not the 6th loss in a row. I thought he was going for a record, if he doesn't have them already in the friendly department.

Ok so... check this out. We're complaining, and rightfully so, with the useless appearance from
    Gilard-no-no not him again, meanwhile Brazil drop 2-1 to England and a cancelled penalty kick by....drum roll.....

[​IMG]

Scolari must be messing with us.

2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do not care about what Brazil did since the only national team I care about is Italy.

We just got to make sure that we play and treat the game more seriously.

3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Uhm ok...but I thought it was funny...in fact, it is funny.

Oh, you don't know about Italy and friendlies?

4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do know but I do not want to see a passionless display again. If Italy loses but the players gave 100 per cent then I can live with it but if the players do not then makes me very angry. The players have to take responsibilty.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any HL's yet?

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    I'm glad for Verratti, but his goal now allows Prandelli to mouth off like a philosopher when he should be answering questions about the overall lackluster display from the team.

"Verratti has great character and technique, but he needs to be quicker in midfield and be far more tactical. He scored a fantastic goal, though," Prandelli told RAI Sport.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3378...sting-future?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan

I agree, but I'm over it. This IS Italy in friendlies, for at least as far back as I can remember. I just watch to see up and coming stars perform now, like Verratti for today. Other than Buffon, what other veteran has given a sh!t in the last 30 years or so during a friendly? I can't remember many.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  9. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    As many others have said, this is what Italy does in friendlies. On top of that, the game was in Amsterdam and the Dutch clearly wanted the win, you could see the reaction of their coach when they scored.

A few things worth noting:
    Verratti looked world class out there, not even considering the goal he scored. He won the ball off of Robben several times and and did one crazy move on him. This kid is destined for greatness. I'm not sure why Prandelli said in the post interview he needs to work on his tackling, he was winning more balls than any other player for the azzurri.

El Sharawy showed flashes of brilliance.

They clearly tried shutting down Pirlo, as he was being hassled at every moment. Eventually he got himself into the game and had a couple great passes.

Other than that, I'm not sure there's much to talk about, Prandelli is clearly using these friendlies to experiment.

gcstorm9 and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    relax guys it was a friendly....most these guys are too concerned about their club performance at this moment. so you cant expect them to give it their all.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Prand needs to switch to a back 3 and call up P. Cannavaro he can run that shit with his eyes closed. Astori looks like an bust....and Gas Im not to sure what he has done to get a call up...but anyways

the Cbs id bring to the world cup would be Canna,Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, and maybe Ogbonna.

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Fabio has "cock blocked" his brother from the national set up. He wants to be the only Cannavaro remembered for Italy. That's why. It is. I read it!

13. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good result for Italy in Holland. You know you're Italian when you celebrate not losing a friendly, I guess. Hey, at least this ended better than the France and England friendlies? :)

In terms of the performance, Holland was strong. They have a true 4-3-3 (not like ours) with excellent attacking players on the flanks and they exposed our lack of quality cover in defense. Buffon was the major storyline--a godly performance. Without him and a healthy Chiellini, Italy are pretty thin at the back.

I liked Pirlo's performance in the first half, but we nearly got passed to death without him in the second. Verratti was extraordinary, and changed the game on entering, and I also have to credit Gilardino for holding up the ball well and creating chances when he entered.

This was a game that was probably supposed to show-case Balotelli and El Sharaawy. I think it ended up telling us more about some of the things we've already known about Prandelli's Italy--how dependent we are on Pirlo, how we lack a world-class trequartista in the 4-3-2-1 formation, the so-so quality of our full-backs and our occasional shakiness in the center of defense.

But Prandelli's Italy also have heart, and plenty of exciting young talent, and somehow we keep finding ways to getting results. We can improve but on the whole, I'm pleased.

Garibaldi, AmericanKaka and jerrito repped this.
  14. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also: how about Florenzi? Kid showed some heart out there yesterday!

15. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I don't understand why Cannavaro continues to be overlooked either. I mean, I understand that he may not be of the same class as his brother, but you'd think that he's still good enough to at least have earned A FEW caps during his career. He's also been a regular starting CB for a solid Serie A side for a few years now, so if we're also looking for someone with plenty of experience he should definitely be one of the options.

16. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You usually see a good performance with friendlies just prior to a major tournament but one stuck in the middle of nowhere will usually be a lifeless showing, especially against a half decent team.

Give credit to the FIGC, we haven't been playing the likes of Wales or Iceland to experiment like in the past. We have played some pretty good teams and Brazil is next for a friendly.

17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he isnt experimenting enough imo, in friendlies verratti should have either started along side pirlo or in place of him, insead he comes on the 2nd half,
    prandelli can make all the excuses he wants as to why he doesnt call up p.cannavaro, and they may be valid, but once he calls up gastaldello after samp get 2-3 good results after going 7 defeats in a row or what ever it was then his excuses are no longer valid, like i said before the euros prandelli is a hippocrypt, many of his actions do not relate to his words

18. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Prandelli called up Giach and Peluso both who are very average and wouldn't get call ups if they didn't play for Juventus

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he got called up against england but as we know his first choice squad was not availble and he hasnt been included since, as soon as he signs for juve he's back in, its ridiculous, he hasnt earnt his call up with good perfomances, he even left out pepe for the euros and called up his reserve instead lol

20. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
  21. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    I thought he was special since that volley against Inter earlier this year. Of course back then, it was all just speculation, but he is slowly proving himself for both club and country.

22. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Source please.. Can't just throw around stories like that without the proper documentation. Anyways, why would the rationale of a retired player have any bearing on Prandelli?

23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You don't know a joke when you hear one? :p

JacobCChristian repped this.
  24. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Forzaabruzzo repped this.