It Was simply Fate All Along! The Ryan Giggs Fan Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by billyireland, May 21, 2008.

1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He was magnificent Wednesday. If we can manage him correctly like this, I see no reason to let him go.

I need to try yoga.

2. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Supposed to be a good way to meet hot chicks as well.

tscboys repped this.
  3. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Giggs always has a handful of good performances throughout these last season that has people speaking of "indian summers" and what not. The fact of the matter is that a handful of good showing is not Manchester United worthy and one of our problems over the last couple of years has been allowing nostalgia to predicate how we go forward. This is nothing personal on Giggs. He is one of my favorites all-time, but the club needs to begin a new evolution away from the old.

johno and cr7torossi repped this.
  4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with that, but based on our current squad I don't see him as keeping anyone out of the team. If we actually went out and spent on a real CM, or actually used Zaha on the wing some more, then Giggs would start to be surplus to requirements. But at this point, I'd take Giggs over Young, apparently Moyes takes him over Zaha, and our midfield is thin on bodies and skill. Giggs isn't taking some promising kid out the side right now.

5. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i understand what you are saying and agree. but somehow the bold bit is really shameful, we really have no one is the squad that we could say this geriatric is taking time away from..... God help us if his pacemaker malfunctions!

6. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Zaha?

Not to say in terms necessarily of immediate production right now - but the guy has 0 league app's, and 2 in total. We're basically just f'king his chances of development entirely, so we can play Young, Valencia, Nani, and a 40 year old Giggs (who I reckon could be handy even at this age as seen Wednesday - but in a Bryan Robson/Tony Adams in their final season capacity - 5-8 starts, and 10-15 sub app's). I'm delighted to see him play for us at 40 having done so at 17, all for the one club... but through no fault of his own, he really should be a far more peripheral player at this point as said above.

7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think Giggs is really taking that much from Zaha honestly. Think it's more Moyes not trusting him. Giggs is also seen as more versatile due to his ability to be a CM.

I agree with everyone's point, but this is more a sign of shit transfers that Giggs is still with us. But in the context of our squad Giggs is still useful. ********in Ando is a much better description of dead weight. And while I feel for Zaha, it's ********ing Moyes playing Young over him that's a travesty.

Pulp repped this.
  8. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tbf, Young has played like 40 minutes of playing time in total since the City game except for the Norwich game which Zaha started too.

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, and I think that's a good sign. But with the fact that Valencia is now always in the side and Kagawa is now treated as a LW, wing berths are getting low. Giggs has started 6 matches including a worthless league cup tie, and made 5 subs. Would I like to see Zaha get some of that? Absolutely. It is insane that we kept him to train with us if we aren't going to even offer him a sniff. A loan back to Palace would have been more worthwhile.

10. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    I don't know how you can say that....we keep bringing in players in midfield who don't quite work out. Why? At least partially because we never make the commitment to shape the team around them -- because there's always safe and secure Ryan G. lurking in the background. If we think that Cleverley is the future, he should play every game that he's healthy for, imo.

If Cleverley isn't the future, he shouldn't be at the club.

11. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Uhh Cleverley isn't good enough to be a starter at United anyway. He's keeping a squad spot because our midfield is shite. Kagawa didn't get the side built for him because of Rooney. And we haven't bought a central midfielder apart from Fellaini in years. So I have no idea what you're talking about. We don't go for any top midfielders because we don't go astronomic on wages and people want to go to other sides. Giggs isn't keeping anyone out of the central midfield, we are buying players so shitty that Giggs is actually still a contributor.

Lol at the idea that the Hazards, Oscars, Lucases of the world were ever worried about Giggs taking their minutes.

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    [​IMG]

for anyone who likes to collect these wallpapers

Futbol_Head repped this.
  14. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant. Just set it. Thanks

15. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Doubtless our last Champions League / European game from Giggsy.

Should have been subbed on for Fletcher esp. given Rooney was too crocked to play there. Or at least subbed on at end to allow him to equal Raul record.

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He'll probably lose his goal in every PL year record this year too. It's time for him to go.

17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    another record broken under Moyes

TheRedDevil repped this.
  18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    15 years ago to the day this man picked up a careless pass from Vieira, ignored Yorke's diagonal run and went past Keown!.. past Dixon!... and scored a sensational goal!

J'can, johno, Nathan18 and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So.

Giggs as manager.

Fascinated to see how we play. No big expectations, but at least the game will be fun as hell to watch. If Giggs can get a manager firing bounce and win his first game, OT will go bananas. Should be fun.

20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So it was fate all along

johno repped this.
  21. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Curious to see what changes he makes, if any.

And does he play himself ?

Hope he plays some kids though.

22. urbnzy

urbnzy Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Slovenia
    Who are the coaches left at Carrington? Giggs, Neville and anyone else? I don' expect a good tactical performance, but I think the players are going to give their all. I also think the fans are going to be very up for it, so a good win would be a good sign for the future.

23. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Think i read that he might use Butt and Scholes as coaches.

24. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  25. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006