It Was simply Fate All Along! The Ryan Giggs Fan Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by billyireland, May 21, 2008.

1. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He was pure class against Madrid. And btw he can still do a job for us in the league as we have seen in recent week. Deserves the contract and hopefully will continue this form that I didnt honestly think he had.

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    he's a legend and he did well in the madrid game but the club has to move forward at some point. we're trying to get a LW, zaha is coming... let's just move on from giggs and scholes.

4. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Giggs signed a one-year extension. he plays every 10 days. he's a positive force in the locker room and on the training ground, is one of SAF's most trusted and will soon move into management. i don't see the harm in having him around.

Scholes will probably definitely retire again especially after this latest injury.

5. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    shouldn't that one game every 10 days go to someone like zaha next year?

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And buy a first choice, get rid of Valencia Young, give Nani a contract, would balance the wings perfectly, guess everybody have fantasies.

7. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know. I haven't seen Zaha play in this United team against PL opposition.

8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    If he has another testimonial I ain't going this time :-/

Bronaldo, J'can and Diable Rouge repped this.
  9. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    And you never will if we keep re-signing our elder statesmen to new deals.

Diable Rouge repped this.
  10. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think we'll be just fine next season with Zaha and Giggs in our squad. gotta learn from those elders.

11. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like ? If this was true every team would keep their oldies till late, about time we let go of Ryan Giggs as a player and think of something different for him and the team, and no Giggs and Zaha wont be fine because it doesnt matter how many average options you have you need quality to win things (Zaha excluded, untested).

12. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am getting pretty fed up of keep the faith thing.

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Giggs can stay, just for the potential positive PR if he makes it to a 1000 United games.

It is Ando, Scholes, Fletcher, one or both of Valencia and Young that we don't need in the squad next season.

Stud83, Bronaldo and Drae repped this.
  14. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Giggs and Scholes are the easiest to send away, respectfully end their playing careers, who would want Young with 100 k or plus wages, Valencia we may find a suitor but very unlikely he moves until next year when his contract has a year remaining if at all.

We need to rearrange our roster in wingers, Nani plus a first choice with Zaha 3rd choice, Giggs adding on 4th choice is perfect but Valencia Young going away wont happen.

15. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What we will see is Nani gone, Valencia Young first choices, unless we are lucky and both things happen at the same time i.e. Zaha is good enough to be first choice and we buy a first choice winger, both are unlikely, grim reading for next season

16. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Totally agree. And Giggs does still provide very good leadership for us and is a great sounding board for the manager in terms of tapping into the dressing room "feel"

It's time for Fletch and Scholes to move on and Valencia. I'd actually like for us to keep Young in a squad role and he's still got some tools we can use in certain situations.

Ando, I don't mind either way. If we can't get even a reasonable offer for, then I'm okay keeping him around another year. Even if he stays, we've got room for another player in the middle with Fletch and Scholes leaving.

17. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    well its a hallmark of United to keep members of the old guard around... either playing (there was and never will be another player like Giggs) or within the coaching ranks. we are not reliant on Giggs. I honestly don't see the issue. if there are better players in the squad or if the manager goes out and buys better players then that's that.

in this instant society it is hard to "keep the faith" but I trust a manager and a system that is proven to work.

18. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who have we kept before them ? Bruce Pallister Keane ? or even Robson ? Sorry but we dont keep playing squad more than their usefulness over hindrance or used to atleast.

You cant see the problem because you keep the faith, Giggs becomes a wing/midfield option, making it a 3rd average or below average wing option, Young Valencia and Giggs are extremely average wing options which hinders us from buying a first choice, not only they take wages near to a first teamer they also take precious squad place and time.

19. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    as I said, "either playing (there was and never will be another player like Giggs) or within the coaching ranks". players like Kidd, Stiles (coach of the class of '92), Phelan, McClair, Solskjær, McGuinness, Butt, Scholes, and now Fletcher.

don't discount having player ambassadors like Charlton, Robson, Schmeichel, Yorke, Cole, Neville, etc. isn't a positive influence as well.

we won't agree on this but please don't discount keeping players around isn't a hallmark of United.

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The illusion that Giggs is useful is down to having shit options at CM and LW.

LGRod, Diable Rouge and SyedZada repped this.
  21. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So mostly coaching ranks right or off field ranks ? so why Giggs should be an exception, keep in the ambassador or whatever role for life, get him off the squad and buy a real LW.

LGRod repped this.
  22. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    if there's one thing i like about barça is that they've completely eliminated the concept of the squaddie. we really should follow suit.

there should only be two kind of players at united: mature, above average talent and young, promising talent.

so just glancing at our roster, these guys have to go next summer: lindegaard, büttner, anderson, giggs, scholes, fletch, ash young, tony v.

even if we don't sign anyone else (which is very unlikely), i'd rather just give their minutes to powell, zaha, fabio, henriquez and even the odd cup game to januzaj.

LGRod repped this.
  23. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    times like these I'm really glad we have the coaching staff in charge of the club and not some of you ;)

nimma and googoo repped this.
  24. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    How do you mean? They've got plenty of fringe players.

25. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I think Valencia is going to catch fire again. Don't understand all the calls for his head.