It looks like they probably will: EURO 2012

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Nov 2, 2011.

1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You're right Sol, any fan of a darker skin melanin traveling to Poland and Ukraine will likely return in a coffin. And why is it that Europe's two most racist countries, were awarded it's most prestigious football tournament? (And in case your wondering, BBC scientist and sociologist have developed a xenophobic index. The results of which have shown Poland and Ukraine to be the most intolerable states in Europe. Thank God for science.)

Why the aggressive reporting by the BBC? Poor race relations have plagued Poland and Ukraine for centuries, but is it really a pandemic? And racism in relation to football, is it only confined to these two countries? Does the BBC really believe that Western Europe/England is far more socially progressive than their archaic neighbors to the east? Do they believe Western Europe has completely eradicated racism from football and society? Have they forgotten? Luis Aragaones referring to Thierry Henry as "a black piece of shit." Carlos Kameni being showered with bananas in his own stadium, by his own fans. Italian national fans simulating monkey chatter towards Mario Balotelli. Lazio (Rome) fans being led in a Nazi salute by team star striker Mauro Zarate. German Neo- Nazis organizing a massive parade on the eve of the 2006 World Cup. And shouldn't the eye of the racial hurricane be English football. Wasn't it just recently that John Terry, Alan Hansen, and Luis Suarez displayed shockingly poor racial sensibilities.

Racism is a problem from Spain to Serbia to Ukraine. To highlight the hosting countries as one of Europe's most egregious offenders, and to suggest that traveling to these two beautiful countries may be life-threatening is in poor taste and completely false.

Smoga repped this.
  2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dude, fck Austria! They give you the dirtiest looks in cafe's etc. Its as if you are intruding in their living room. They think they are living in the 18th century and the Hapsburg's are still important.

We were taking a train from Vienna to Salzburg, super uncomfortable and I put my feet up on the seat across from me. It was a cabin with 6 seats facing each other. This prick had the audacity to open the sliding door and tell me, 'we don't do this in Austria.' This was after all the 'Vienna stares' we had already gotten, I about got up to kill the guy. Fck Austria!

Dage repped this.
  3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    British people = trash of Europe.

4. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oguchi Onwyeu being called a 'Dirty ni**er' by a Belgian, DeMarcus Beasley's car being fire bombed by race motivated 'supporters', Mo Edu enduring ape calls in his own stadium.

I felt more safe in Russia than I did in Spain. Western Europe has figured out that all the have to do is illegalize something to look more progressive. Englishmen are among the most racist, colonialist people on the planet, yet because Downing Street has taken away the citizens legal right to say it out loud, they can pretend to be more progressive.

Oh, and lets go ahead and pretend that English FA had a freaking travel supporter ban due to the behavior of Englishmen abroad.

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    And clearly British citizens of Indo-Pak heritage never experience bigotry. :thumbsup:

6. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it is kind of funny that people in England are prosecuted for what they say on twitter.

7. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But remember, UK is a modern, inclusive "free" democracy, with no social issues and is a general divine example for the unwashed masses of the world away from the home island to follow. Ukraine is a soviet dictatorship, which stamps on the rights on the common man, who are actually all evil racists.

8. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Full List of Euro 2012 Odds
    Spain 3/1
    Germany 4/1
    Netherlands 7/1
    France 11/1
    England 11/1
    Italy 15/1
    Portugal 19/1
    Russia 25/1
    Poland 40/1
    Ukraine 50/1
    Croatia 50/1
    Sweden 67/1
    Czech Republic 67/1
    Denmark 80/1
    Republic of Ireland 80/1
    Greece 80/1

9. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UK also rarely has jury trials, everything is decided by a Magistrate who is just a glorified citizen.

10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the video so a guy tapes derby games from fans who probably don't have the money to attend Euro 2012 games and what does local derbies have to do with Euro 2012. It's like a went to a KKK rally videotaped it and said "Welcome to America".

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The derby was in poland. Can't speak for poland but frankly in Ukraine there are
    Often fights in the stands. I've seen plenty. It's usually Ukrainians pounding other Ukrainians. I'd venture the guess that those Indian guys just got unlucky.

12. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Wisla keeper Sergei Pareiko said that the fans and the public in general are more aggressive in Poland than in Russia.

13. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Polish people agressive, and I saw fights in the main street of a major city when I was there at 2 AM on Saturday night.

That said, its not going to ruin the Euros, and its not going to lead to coffins and a terrible experience.

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't really blame Sol. I saw the clip. I blame the film maker. He shows Sol some pictures of a country that he knows nothing about. What do you expect him to say? I tell you that the us team is going to play in Rwanda and then show some videos of white people being attacked by the lra. What would most ignoran people's reactions be? That was just some complete shit filmmaking.

15. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points. Especially from all the stuff that has come out about BBC intentionally not showing the peaceful parts, declining the views of people in the know in Poland, etc, etc.

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all hype I remember when it was held in Germany a tournament and they said it was WWII all over again.

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A lot of british journalism can be safely placed under the "sensationalism" label.

18. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well at least they aren't under (the terminated/to be terminated) label, like most of the free journalists in Russia LOL

20. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Or lucky for not getting killed LOL

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeaaaaa...noooo.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Looks like Supah Frank is out of the Euros. Good for Ukraine, terrible for England.

23. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I don't know if it's terrible. If anything he slows their play down.

24. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You can blame Sol for being so unbelievably dense. He was puzzled as to why UEFA granted the Euros to Poland and Ukraine. What, he doesn't understand the geo-political implications of granting the tournament to an Eastern European nation(s) for only the second time in Euro history, first time since the fall of the Wall. And his "coffin" remark, completely xenophobic as he attempts to point out the xenophobia of others. That's the entire irony of the report.

Drake44444 repped this.
  25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Compared to his replacement, Henderson, Lampard is Maradona.