It looks like they probably will: EURO 2012

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean before their World Cup bid - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11874091 They did some documentary against FIFA, that supposedly tanked any chance they had to win the World Cup, thus ruining their own countries chances of being hosts.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ratings, ratings, ratings...

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He attended a derby in a city which doesn't even host lol, how the fck is that relevant to Euro's??? That's like worrying about the safety of the UCL Final being played in Istanbul or Athens because he attended Fenerbahce v. Galatassaray match.

4. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And realistically inside the stadium, the worst minority won't be able to afford tickets/attend games.

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Good point drake.

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  7. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a comment on my blog post:

"Just to let you know – journalist of Polish biggest sport newspaper, “Przegląd Sportowy” Piotr Wierzbicki wrote today in his editorial that author of this “Panorama” document contacted him one month ago to ask if he could feature in this film. Wierzbicki rejected request after BBC reporter said what he SHOULD say there – that Poland is full of racists and antisemists and that all black players in Poland agree with it. Polish journo answered that it’s much more complicated matter and while there are idiots in Poland, it’s simply not fair to portray the whole country as a racist gang. After this answer, BBC never called again. Hardly famous high BBC journalism standards."

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't doubt it. I've really lost a lot of respect for the bbc.

9. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There really FOXing it up on this one.

10. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL true, but fox might not even differentiate between Poland and Ukraine. Just call both countries "slavs." Or maybe just called both countries Arabs.

11. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poland is a NATO member, and host to a component of the missile shield. FOX LOVES Poland.

12. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats besides the point I am making, was referring to the fact that Fox blatently mislabels countries/nationalities/etc at times

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bbc can slam both countries because it feeds into the English insecurity about themselves being the best country on earth. It helps re enforce the notion that eastern Europe are a buch of sub humans who cannot function at the same level of the British.

14. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FYP

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Latins are really sub humans. They are lazy, dumb and smelly but colorful and make good food. The Germans are considered a relative equal if without humor and inability to fully dominate the continent so not quite as good. Eastern euros might as well be something like the Neanderthal character in the geico commercials.

16. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The French are like the Latins, less stupid, but more smelly. The Irish are barbarian servant race, the Scotch are a barbarian servant race who wear skirts, Americans are what we wish we still were deep down inside, the Canadians are like Americans, only harmless, Nepalese are good soldiers who we have no obligation to take care of after we use, Africa has not been a good place since we left, and Hong Kong is all ours. Oh, those islands in the South Atlantic, you know, the ones right by Argentina? Those are ours too. The sheep are ours as well.

18. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The British are a very closed society. Or rather I would say London area is. The Northwest (Newcastle/Sunderland) is anything but closed in my opinion.

9 months in London and I had Polish, Portuguese, Indian, Brazilian, etc friends but not a single British friend.

Experienced much differently in the Northwest, was only there a few days and ended up with too many friends.

19. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THe sons of coal miners tend to be more amicable than the sons of bankers.

20. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the flip side, BBC may be far too extreme and negative and one sided in their inflammatory portrayal, but I had a train to catch at a Warsaw train station and spent 4 hours with a Bangladeshi owner of a kebob shop who did not find Poland the warmest to his ethnicity.

But I am sure his experience would carry over to any country in Europe. Realistically, would Italians accept Mario Balotelli as an Italian if he was not a soccer player? Same with Swedes considering Ibra Swedish?

I've heard the same stories for Turkish cab driver in Denmark, Polish people going to England, Romanians in Spain, etc, etc.

Also I know Polish people who will unabashedly tell me they do not like black people (this is in London).

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Europe as a whole is much more unwelcome than what we are used to in the US. I think it's obvious why. I lived in Austria and found the level of overt racism to be incredible to my American sensibilities. Ukrainians fit more into the ignorant racist category. They aren't particularly hostile but the have the same sort of behavior as a Midwestern housewife whose never meet a non white person before. More curiosity than hostility. You'll hear stupid comments but it's more of ignorance than anything. Austrians on the other hand held a strong hatred towards just about everybody. It wasn't naive, it was genuine hostility to gtfo to anyone who wasn't of a suitable background. When I told a close Austrian friend of mine that I was dating a Ukrainian girl, she gave me a look like I was dating a dog or something similarly disgusting. The easiest comparison is a jew in the 1930s It was quite shocking and I admit our friendship was never the same.

As disappointing as these bbc stories have been, I must say that some of my best friends are English and in general I find them a wonderful people. We all have our faults of course. I do think that drake your expierence might be something more to do with London rather than England as a whole. I know that it's much easier to make friends in rural new York state than in New York city.

22. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I believe you are right about the English.

BTW 2,500 British fans are banned from Euros. Have to return their passport.

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It reminds of one of the funniest jokes I'd ever heard:

What is the difference between heaven and hell?

heaven is when the cops are British, mechanics are Germans, lovers are french, cooks are Italian and it's all organized by the Swiss

Hell is when the cops are German, mechanics are french, lovers are Swiss, cooks are British and it's all organized by Italians!

Ethnic stereotypes galore!

24. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness, ze Germans can mechanic the hell out of things.

25. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I think it goes that the cooks are French, don't remember Italians or Swiss in it but I suppose it's one of tho ejokes that can be flexible.