Is there a Santorum thread? OK, here it is!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Revolt, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    I got to interview a Costa Rican president for a high school assignment.

Except when I interviewed him, he wasn't the president yet, just a businessman.

And then later when he ran for president and I was old enough to vote, I didn't vote for him.

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Evan's father, Birch, has relocated here to Maryland's Eastern Shore and he goes to our church. Really a sweet man...

Other than that, I met the inventor of cargo pockets.... He was in the airborne infantry during WWII and the jumpers needed extra pockets since they couldn't have the standard pack preparing for their jump into Normandy. One of the best conversations I've ever had.

I also interviewed a famous civil rights worker named Bob Moses, who was famous, for among other things, the idea behind Freedom Summer, which lead to the deaths of Goodman, Cheney and Schwerner. He was not happy an undergrad had found him and it was not one of the better conversations in my life.

I sat next to a black man, from Illinois, flying to Boston who was in law school at Harvard and on the Harvard Law Review. I'm claiming that it was Barack Obama...

Oh, and I played in an all star game against Ruud Gullit, and I was the one who had to mark him. I played pretty well, but not nearly well enough...

3. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I met former Canadian Foreign Minister Lloyd Axworthy (very interesting man), and sorta met PM Jean Chretien in that I was the liaison who worked with the Canadian government on a public lecture he gave back when I worked at Duke.

We had a lot of interesting lecturers come in who I was able to meet: Hannan Ashrawi, Joseph Stiglitz, Kenneth Kaunda, but it wasn't as though we headed out to happy hour together.

4. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Did god-loving patriot Santorum call Obama the n-word?

He said it something like "anti-war government ni..." and then stopped.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFLnBsbRVmM"]What Did Rick Santorum Almost Say in Janesville? March 27, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

At this point, he is doing nothing more than trolling. How come this guy is being taken seriously for so long?

5. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    To keep the rubes herded. The culture war wing of the party needs to be kept engaged by having their revolting carrot dangled. If it wernt for Santorum all the GOP would have to sell is greed.

6. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Oooh he so nearly said it didn't he? :D.

7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I went to google, the place to go for all things Santorum, and started to type in the letters "N" and "I" and "G" and the first thing that comes up is "night sweats." Therefore, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He was in the process of saying "anti-war government night sweats."

All he was doing was making it easier for the people at Bad Lip Reading. Is it really that bad?

8. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ninja. That's all he was saying guys, move along now.

9. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's news to me that Obama is anti-war. He dragged our military into a third conflict, and escalated one of the other ones. Even if he were anti-war, what kind of a country do we live in that anti-war is even a pejorative?

I'd have to guess the "nig.." part of the comment is Santorum is swinging for the fences, seeing as how it's all but wrapped up for Mitt Romney.

10. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Maybe he drifted onto foreign politics, and thought aloud about the 'Anti war government in Niger'. :)

However, is being an anti war government such a bad thing? Or has Rick been watching Starship Troopers 3 whilst eating a lot of strong cheese?

11. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness to Rick, it's hard for those guys to remember all the context rules--you talk about "defending traditional families" on camera; you talk about "queers and f@gs" off camera. You talk about "American cultural values" on camera; you talk about "**************** and immigrants" off camera. You talk about "He's not one of us" on camera; you call the President of the United States a "************" off camera.

It can't be easy to keep it all straight.

12. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That's pretty appalling.

Imagine how often he must use that word, in order to have almost said it accidentally.

I hope that this disqualifies him from being Romney's running mate.

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would LOVE to ask him the question at his next public event. "So Mr. Santorum, did you really call the President a ******?"

[​IMG]

:D

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvZdVK913I"]the new sheriff scene from blazing saddles - YouTube[/ame]

The new president is a ni *BOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG*

15. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Boy, its really hard to hear that any other way, huh?

"Niggling nabob of negativiism" maybe?

"She turned me into a nigra!"

16. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benefit of the doubt from me on that one.

And since I missed the claim to fame convo:

I urinated next to Reggie Jackson at a movie theater in 1986.

Pope John Paul II hovered in his helicopter over my college soccer practice in Orange County CA. Same year I think, but maybe 1987. We stopped to watch him, he waved us to play on, and then he watched us play. Yes, I played soccer for the Pope!

I've spent a couple of hours each with Nobel Laureate/former President of Costa Rica Oscar Arias, Nobel Laureate/former President of South Africa FW de Klerk, past head of the WHO/former PM of Norway Gro Harlem Brundtland, former UN High Commisioner of Human Rights/past President of Ireland Mary Robinson, Nobel Laureate Jody Williams, and an odd engagement with Nobel Laureate/former President of Poland Lech Walesa. I spent time over several days with Ambassador Ryan Crocker as well.

Might mean less to folks, but my favorite visit was with Canadian Lieutenant-General Romeo Dallaire.

17. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    If only you'd turned 90 degrees...

:eek:

18. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have his ********ing ball?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPowlurwWzU"]BASEketball (11/11) Movie CLIP - Reggie Jackson (1998) HD - YouTube[/ame]

19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because of what he almost said in Janesville.

This.

20. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I urinated next to Olympic Gold Medalist and long-time holder of the world record in the Long Jump, Bob Beamon. He was in my town at the mall making a public appearance at a Footlocker in the Mall. He had no idea where it was, and his handlers didn't show up.

Of course, that's the silver medal for me. The Gold Medal is for the time I urinated next to jazz legend Dizzy Gillispie.

Bronze medal: I took a leak in an alley behind the club where Clarence Gatemouth Brown was playing. Gatemouth was about 10 feet away firing up a joint.

21. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I clearly need to urinate in more public restrooms. ;)

Oh, and I did forget, I was sitting at a bar in Hawaii sitting next to an older gentleman and we had 10-20 minute chat about the weather and other pointless things. After the guy left, the bartender cam over and informed me that I was just talking to Jimmy Buffett. Fortunately I caught myself before I said "Who?" and it wasn't until after I got back to the hotel and googled Jimmy Buffett that I figured out why I should have known who he was.

22. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    You people lead sad and pathetic lives.

Have you ever met his fans? He was probably elated to finally be talking to a sensible human.

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    From the where are they now file, saw Gary Shandling at Dulles Airport in DC. He was standing right next to me at the baggage carousel. He had obviously caught the redeye from LA. His eyes were red and his perfectly primped hair was messed up. Looked like an indentation an airline pillow would make. :D

24. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Alright I was on a flight with Jesse Jackson, he was in first class and I was in the back of the bus. Chatty fella by the looks of it.

25. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    2.5 brushes with fame...

Had lunch with Maynard Jackson and Andrew Young in my first undergrad school's cafeteria. They showed up on campus often enough that no one really thought it a big deal. We (them, three of my floormates and I) talked politics, then sports.

John Stallworth is a deacon at my church and a former biology student of my dad's. He's actually a really low-key guy.

There is a photograph out there somewhere of my ex-girlfriend and her college roommate standing in Jackson-Hartsfield airport with Oprah. I'm the one who took the photo.

Never urinated near any of these folks (certainly not Oprah), but I don't feel like I missed out on anything.