Is it time to panic already

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by polska26, Feb 6, 2013.

1. matt021d

matt021d Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No absolutely not.

And it just goes to show how feeble so many people are with their "we wont make the world cup" predictions. They will be the same people posting "I knew we'd make it" when we qualify.

Pathetic.

xbhaskarx and USOutlaw16 repped this.
  2. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will take some inspiration, however, as has usually been the case.
    Where this will come from I don't know. Howard made one good save, Honduras blew a couple of easy chances. Plenty of matches left to get the job done, but not too many more like this one will suffice.

Need Dolo and positional outside midfielders.
    Sometimes tactics are made out to be so much more damned complicated than they need be.

3. Grogtank

Grogtank Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico just dropped 2 points at home to the Reggae Boys. Who knows if this will be a factor in the end but it shows that even the best team in the hex is vulnerable.

Berks repped this.
  4. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I was, but I believe that reference went Royally belly up.

5. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm unfamiliar with Serenity. I thought you were misquoting Elton John and/or Bernie Taupin. :)

6. jfalstaff

jfalstaff Member

May 3, 2012
    has nothing to do with Klinsmann

we don't have the players. We've never had the players. The difference is back in the day we had players that played their ass off because that was the only way they would win. Now we have a team that is more talented than years past but doesn't have that hustle or work rate.

Fitness was our thing. That's what teams would say about the Americans - very fit team.

7. jfalstaff

jfalstaff Member

May 3, 2012
    oh and no its not time to panic. We'll easily qualify.

the problem is it will give us this false sense of accomplishment and improvement again and we'll just end up crashing out of the WC again against Ghana or another equivalent team.

SweetLife and autogolazzo repped this.
  8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You are a USMNT fan, of course you are unfamiliar with serenity.

9. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
  10. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    K-man is not good. He is pedestrian. Look at his record with Bayern (fired) and Toronto FC (he ruined the team).

Sunil is gay for K-man and chased him for over a year until he denied. Then we took Bradley and had some success. Then we fired Bradley and went back to chasing K-man for another year.

I would rather fire Sunil than Jurgen, just on principal. But Kinsmann has been awful.

11. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    "We'll easily qualify" Can you please explain because I am lost. EASILY qualify? I might say that was the case had we beaten the Hondos 4-0, but we lost. Nothing will come easily.

12. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    We are dead last in the group, the only team with zero points... PANIC!!!!

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jurgen's tactics really dont work against teams that are worse than us. Teams that we should be beating, we struggle against with Jurgen as the coach. Playing 3 defending mids against teams that are worse than us just doesn't work. Also we should not be playing strikers at LM or on the wings. We need a set formation and I think it should be the 4-4-2.

14. Foolishness

Foolishness Member+

Aug 15, 2012
    Ya, I think I might be ready to concede knocking Jones (still believe him to be one of our best) out of the starting XI if it means a true CAM.

15. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they got a wonder strike bicycle kick goal definitely not time to panic

costa rica and panama are weaker than honduras... costa rica got good attack but not much behind it (roy miller made their 22 man squad lol). panama got a couple good players but rest of team is weak. honduras are very strong they got muma bernardez (who would've won mls defender of the year last year if he hadn't missed 2 months for an injury) and wigan's figueroa and espinoza up the gut that is tough to break down.

16. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were to panic, this wouldn't be the part I would be panicking about, it would be that 2nd goal.

Antique repped this.
  17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    No. Wait until the 0-0 at Denver and the 2-0 loss at Azteca.

THEN it will be time to panic.

[​IMG]

18. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Panic? No. Damn concerned? Hell yeah.

He is a last kick in Antigua away from being winless in road qualfiers so far. Not good enough.

19. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    ...I watch u soar.

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, the writing is on the wall to be very concerned. The boys look confused, without a task, seem to have low morale, and no direction. Im VERY concerned. Id say if we dont get 3 against Costa Rica, thats time to really sound the alarm.

StillKickin repped this.
  21. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Yup. These next two will decide just how nervy it will get.

22. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Well this has been clear early on with JK.

We will be able to hang with all in JK's system, but all will be able to hang with us.

That's why qualifying is so unclear this time around.

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yup.

Winning on the road in the hex isn't easy at all.
    Historically, winning in Central America has been a challenge for us. Perhaps due to our victory in Honduras in the last cycle, people think that's a game we should win. Historically, that's always a tough game.

And Honduras is a good team. We know this. As so many of their players n0w play in MLS, we know these players. They're good.

We have just about as hard of a schedule for our 1st three games as possible. Last cycle Mexico had an extremely challenging 1st three games, they struggled, and their coach got fired. If we get 4 points out of our next two games............we'll be fine. If we don't, then I'll panic. But I'll panic knowing that what I consider 3 of our hardest games are out of the way.

I mean, results yesterday actually went our way. We lost a tough road game. Not really a biggee when every other game ended in a draw.

24. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match 1, road match, 3rd best team in the region, and look at the other results.

So no, it isn't.

25. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Well yes. Based on history, 3 points are expected in Denver. Now it comes with the pressure of 'must'. Anything less than a win and a loss in Mexico is grounds for sacking.

Just like Bob's poor total results (Argentina in March aside) and the mediocre Gold Cup (reaching finals aside) made a case for firing, what is going on is just not good enough.

I don't care what the record shows for 2012. Please put together a case that things are good going forward. Show me a three game streak of any sort where this team has played well. It hasn't happened yet.