Is it time to let Del Olmo go?

Discussion in 'Xolos de Tijuana' started by Pantalones, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Pantalones

Pantalones New Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Mexico's Third Base
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not a lot of action going on around these parts of the forum. So let's hear it.

Me and my friends have an ongoing discussion about Del Olmo's future with the club. Many said he would be fired if he lost against Guadalajara at Estadio Caliente but he's still here, what happens if he doesn't win (or tie) against Toluca next Sunday?

I don't think there are many other options who would be better for Tijuana at the moment and the team has been playing decently though in this league it's results first and foremost. I would like him to stay at least for a few games more. We're still in a position in which two victories in a row would take us out of the relegation cellar.

Do you think he will be fired? Do you think he should?

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is Mexico so he is way over due to get fired.

I say there should be at least 4 Tujuana managers fired bufore the full year is over. ;)

In reality, he should stay until December.

3. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Del Olmo should be fired if he does't win next Sunday vs Estudiantes at home.

Xolos have not win a single game at home yet. :mad:

This will be a crucial game for the Xolos if they want to stay in 1ra division.

4. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From twitter: El Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente informa que el señor Joaquín del Olmo ha dejado de ser el director técnico del equipo, y que analiza al nuevo timonel del conjunto.

Das ende.

5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Its a shame it happened....but it was needed for Tijuana because they are last and Del olmo had 9 fechas to show improvement and it didnt happen but the worst thing is that theyve lost important games such as the one against Queretaro and the one against Tecos today.....hopefully they get a good coach!

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Turco Mohamed is the new coach, at first i was like what? but after seeing his resume i must say its impressive....hopefully it works out!
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mexico/noticias/2011/09/19/antonio-mohamed-nuevo-dt-de-xolos

7. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I thought they were getting el macho Sanchez? they couldn't reach his price?

8. Viva RoCkism!

Viva RoCkism! Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Mexico City
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought it was going to be Manuel Lapuente...Joserra was saying that the dude is living in Baja California