Is it strange to support more than one club?

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by InterFan76, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I support one club however I have a admiration and affinity for other clubs especially in other leagues.

2. D-invincibles

D-invincibles Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    imo you get to support one team per sport you are interested and if you like your national team support that too.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but you're allowed to hate as many as you like... errr you know what i mean.

4. D-invincibles

D-invincibles Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well everyone has to have Manyoo, so at least one goes on the hate list :)

5. jamps

jamps New Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think its rather common liking multiple clubs, especially if you're the type of fan who will watch the game regardless of what team/league is playing. I have a favorite club for each league I watch. :)

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  6. bendm

bendm New Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Richmond, Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live's too short to support just one club. As long as they're not rivals, no worries!

7. Leandro

Leandro New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    i think there is only one space for a club in the heart ..

guignol and InterFan76 repped this.
  8. bootking

bootking Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    I think your heart will tell you which club is for you.

You can follow other clubs from other leagues, but you will always be drawn to your club.

9. PaulieJay

PaulieJay Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Iowa, United States
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Previously I guess you could say I supported both PSG and AS Monaco since I'd visited both place a number of years ago and obviously had a blast, and I supported them before either one of them was purchased by large financial backers abroad. Once ASM won promotion back to Ligue 1, I was pretty much forced to pick a side between the two and I favor Monaco. I'm also a primary supporter of Wolverhampton but Spurs as well, but obviously you wont even find Wolves on TV over in the States right now barring some improbable FA cup run.

10. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    could be worse, AFC Wimbledon are not on tv anyway lol, but you could find live streams on firstfowsports.eu for any televised game. not always in English but a great website.

11. Ei Tee

Ei Tee New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    why not. i don't have any clubs here so all I support are places that are far from me anyways.

12. needhelp22

needhelp22 Member

Sep 29, 2013
    perhaps soft spot but not supoprt

13. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    @Ei Tee where do you live?

14. Videoshock

Videoshock New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, in Argentina normally everybody likes a club for country

15. The Fonzie

The Fonzie Red Card

Oct 10, 2013
    I don't think it's strange at all, I think it's actually stranger to support only one. There's many leagues and clubs out there how can it be possible you only like one of them? I usually support players over teams though. Not nessarily the best but players I like for some reason(style of play, just plain entertaining etc.). This is why I like Arsenal so much at the moment they have Rosicky, Ramsey and Wilshire, all of my favorite. People may find that strange but that's ok.

16. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm like that with only one player Diego Lugano. Followed him since the 2010 WC.

17. huckleberry123333

Jul 17, 2013
    Pick 1 club, don't be a glory hunter or plastic.

18. The Fonzie

The Fonzie Red Card

Oct 10, 2013
    I can't there are so many players I like. I don't understand how some people can restrict themselves to just one club. I like Barcelona because of their style of play, and youth academy. Arsenal because I like Rosicky, Wilshere, Polodoski and Ramsey, not to mention they don't over spend. Plus they are most entertaining team in the EPL imo. Bayern because they have the old Barcelona coach. There are other clubs I support too but those are the 3 I have no choice but to support.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think there's a semantics problem here:

is not

SUPPORT!

20. The Fonzie

The Fonzie Red Card

Oct 10, 2013
    ok OCD, in your opinion what is the difference lol

21. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    lol Arsenal fans are not glory hunters in the last 10 years

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    at the risk of sounding obnoxious... if you don't know already i doubt i could explain it to you.

23. The Fonzie

The Fonzie Red Card

Oct 10, 2013
    that's because there isn't a difference, you like a club you support them, you support them because you like them.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that's your definition. like i said it's a question of semantics.

to me, if you support a club then, sometimes you DON'T even like them. you can go down to practice and jeer at the players who have just lost three straight matches. you can have sweaty dreams about burying the coach in your basement and swear to god and everybody that you will never watch the team again, not even on TV, for as long as you live. and the next sunday you buy your ticket and chant all match until you're hoarse.

because you have to. because you're married to those goddam sons of bitches. no, its even more than that.

what is a football club anyway? the players come and go (and faster and faster these days). coaches too, and even owners*. the stadium? mine has been playing in the same park since they were founded but soon that will change too. so what's left? not shirts since they come out with three new ones every season. even the crest changes. so what's left?

us. the supporters.

*allow me to point out that what changes the absolute fastest is all those people who like the club.

25. The Fonzie

The Fonzie Red Card

Oct 10, 2013
    Fair enough but I'm talking about sane people lol

well some teams have a distinct style of play, like say Barcelona and I love that style of play so that's why I support them. Plus a lot of their players are players that came though their youth academy, not just players that were bought for an insane about of money