Is it strange to support more than one club?

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by InterFan76, Nov 28, 2012.

1. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi I'm from Hamburg,NJ USA and I bleed Black and Blue. Forza Inter!!!! But, I also follow Sao Paulo,River Plate,Valencia,Sporting Clube de Portugal and PSG(Where Diego Lugano is). Is it strange to support more than one club?​

2. Nix1899

Nix1899 New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    in my opinion, it's only strange to support two or more clubs in the same league since the person would basically supporting rival teams. Supporting, or at least really liking, clubs in different leagues is normal, but I think there has to be one team that a person is extremely passionate about.

For me, I love Milan, and I always will. I like arsenal, dortmund, barca, montreal impact, and ajax, but I don't follow them like i do Milan. I'm just really happy when they win a match...unless it's against milan. in that case, i'm pissed.

Nacional Tijuana and InterFan76 repped this.
  3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with you exactly. I bleed Black N Blue for Inter. I live and die with every match Inter plays. The other clubs I get enjoyment out of watching but I don't live and die for them. Just like living in NJ I root and hope to see NYRB do well but if not no biggie. As for national teams Italy comes first then the US. I also root for Uruguay which I have no ancestral ties to. I just really liked them in the 2010 WC since Italy and the US crashed out early. That's how I became a Diego Lugano fan.

4. Nix1899

Nix1899 New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :]

Italy always comes first when it comes to NTs for me. I like sweden and germany, but if they loose, I'm not devistated. I think it takes the fun out of watching a game if both sides are equally loved and supported. the competiton just seems so...unimportant. Either team could win and one would feel the same emothing.

5. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I used to support two clubs but then I got involved with a Cypriot land deal over the internet... never again.

Tom Collingsworth and NYRBA1 repped this.
  6. Swordsman

Swordsman Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When comes to National Team, i don't have any preference.

Its fine to support different teams from different leagues.

InterFan76 repped this.
  7. itcheyness

itcheyness Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's totally normal to follow clubs from more than one league, it is a bit weird that you don't support your national team though...

8. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    I am a Cork City Supporter (as that's where i live/grew up), Ill be moving to Oregon in a few months and have seen one game so im starting to support Portland Timbers, I have followed AFC Wimbledon/Wimbledon FC for 15 years and have been to a few games, I have been to a Few SS Lazio games and follow them and i follow Real Madrid in Spain but never been to a competitive game, I like some other clubs like Donegal Celtic in Northern Ireland and Queens Park in the Scottish division 3, that's about it really.

9. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow! I guess supporting more than one club isn't as strange as I thought.

10. NYRBA1

NYRBA1 Member

Feb 4, 2011
    it's straight up common in america due to the time zones involved. you have your 'morning team' aka european and 'evening team' aka local.

11. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then the late night (3:00 am) (at least for me) which is Asia. Lots of free streams for A-League and the J.League and K League Classic are available.

12. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Plenty of people support many clubs, different continents, different countries, different mentalities, more chances to win something::whistling:

Futebol Clube do Porto, Futbol Club Barcelona, Real Betis Balompié S.A.D., Manchester United Football Club, The Celtic Football Club, Paris Saint-Germain Football Club, Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax, Fußball-Club Bayern München e. V., Associazione Sportiva Roma SpA, GNK Dinamo Zagreb, Club de Deportes Cobreloa, Club Atlético River Plate, Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama.:thumbsup: These clubs are all different, they all have their own history.

I have listed these clubs in Informations about me, in their club colours.:) There are people who like several national team countries, so if your national team doesn't play anymore, people choose some other team to support, also plenty of reasons why they support several national teams after their national team becomes defeated.:)

13. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Man I thought I liked alot of clubs lol. Cool to see you support so many.

14. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    We like same teams: River Plate and PSG. I also have Inter uniform.:D

I have this Inter edition: 2002 or 2003 year.

[​IMG]

I have sympathies for Inter, they had great players in 90's. Sporting Lisbon (Mario Jardel, Joao Pinto, Croat Tomislav Ivkovic, Balakov, Beto, Sa Pinto, Vidigal, Hadji, de Wilde, Heinze, Duscher, Quaresma, Pablo Contreras, etc.):thumbsup: has a great stadium decorations, good fans, nice Jose Alvalade stadium. Valencia is a true team, another club who had great generation before with: Aimar, Lopez, Baraja, Carboni, Albelda, Helguera, Palop, Farinos, Morientes, etc.

I like also NK Siroki Brijeg, NK Zrinjski Mostar, but they are not on some big football scene.
    Deportivo La Coruna, Celta Vigo had good teams. I divide teams on those which I support and on those for which I have sympathies.:) Uruguay has two interesting club: Nacional and Penarol.

I don't know too much about Sao Paulo, but I understand why do you like other clubs. It's normal to support different clubs. Even national teams if your team doesn't compete anymore.

InterFan76 repped this.
  15. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah as for Valencia I haven't really been into them lately. I really liked them cause Aimar was with them since I followed him at River Plate before he went to Valencia. They were a great team then when Aimar was there. As for Sao Paulo I like them since it was one of the clubs Diego Lugano played for and he was an Icon there before he went to Europe. I like Lucas who played for SPFC and is now at PSG as well as PH Ganso who currently plays for Sao Paulo FC. I'm now slowly getting into Malaga since Lugano is there. What is your favorite club of all the ones you support?

16. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I can't also follow my teams, too many matches, time difference. After long time I watched Vasco da Gama, usually they play around 1,2 AM, time difference is big, but I watched their defeat against Botafogo with Seedorf.:rolleyes: Supporting only one club seems boring to me, some people need diversity, wider academic horizons.:D

River Plate had great players who came in Europe. They have nice uniforms.

I like those clubs mostly equal, some of them don't have great results like before: Ajax, Betis Sevilla, River Plate went in Second Division.

PSG wasn't lucky before, they had some great players in 90's: Rai, Pauleta, Okocha, after Ronaldinho came.

I don't make differences among these 13 clubs. GNK Dinamo Zagreb has significance, because they come from Croatia, national team that I support. I would like that I can follow these clubs much often. If you watch only results or some highlights, it's not so interesting like entire match. In my child periods I could follow much more matches, I didn't had obligations at all.:D

One of the reasons why I like these clubs are their uniforms, colours and design.

Do you make differences among your teams?

17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, Inter I watch every match if possible I live and die watching them lol. I follow Diego Lugano as well every match he plays for Club or Country. The other clubs I follow and if I can catch a match I will but not a big deal if I don't. If I don't I check their scores and match reports online. I just like to keep up on the other clubs and hope they do well unless they play Inter.

18. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I watched their defeat against Bologna, really amazing result for Bologna, Inter was better, they attacked. Croat Mateo Kovacic plays there, he will be a great player some day.:thumbsup: I also watch what I can, I need to adapt on time difference, matches who are at the same time, also some of my clubs don't play always against interesting opponents. We must live our lives and resolve our obligations also.:D

19. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really like Croat Marko Livaja. He was at Inter, then in the winter Transfers he was loaned out to one of our rivals Atalanta. He did well for us in the few matches he played in Europa Cup before getting transfered. I wish we kept him we could really use him now.

20. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I don't like also his "on loan" status. Maybe they will return him back. Are these chances high? Or he will be on eternal loans.:D Croatia NT doesn't invite him, too bad, national team is a great push up for any club future. For example, Croat Danijel Pranjic retired from NT, he is on loan now, Sporting Lisbon-Celta Vigo. Best players play for their national teams. Pranjic is a good player, maybe you had a chance to see him in Sporting, he is not like before, but his center shots and technique are solid.

21. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As of now he's actually co-owned by Inter and Atalanta. So once his year and a half loan deal is up I think Inter needs to bid for his full ownership. I'm not sure what Inter will do with him but, I really hope they get him back he def. shows potential. Inter needs more youth in their squad.

22. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Are Inter and Atalanta in some kind of alliance? Similar uniforms, geographically close. Inter can always buy any other player if someone shows his skill.:D Inter really has international players, around 10 different countries have their players among 20 players. They have great players now: Zanetti (their captain, icon), Guarin, Cambiasso, Gargano, Milito, Ranocchia, Samuel, Pereira, Mateo Kovacic, etc. But they should think on future also, several players from this list are getting older.:thumbsup:

23. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No Inter and Atalanta have nothing to do with each other. Co-ownership is something I've only seen in Italy. Also I don't like loans in Italy. If a player is loaned to a rival club he can play against the team that loans him out very stupid.

24. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I thought that they are like Juventus and Siena. Croatia has 2 clubs in First Division, which are practically A and B team: GNK Dinamo Zagreb and NK Lokomotiva Zagreb. Also unique case, imagine that Barcelona B enters in Primera Division.:D Younger players play for Lokomotiva and if they show something they come in Dinamo Zagreb, same city, same stadium.;) Croatia also has 3 clubs in Bosnia and Herzegovina First Division, they have Croatian marks, because Croats also live in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Clubs are:

HSK Zrinjski Mostar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HŠK_Zrinjski_Mostar
    NK Siroki Brijeg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK_Široki_Brijeg
    GOSK Gabela: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK_GOŠK_Gabela

Other clubs are connected with Bosnian Muslims and Serbs. Incidents and fan riots are normal there.:rolleyes: Interesting is that you won't find any sentence about these Croatian clubs on Bosnia subforum here, even though two clubs are on 4th and 6th position, only about Bosnian Muslim clubs you can read there.;) Third club is weaker. Imagine that you can't find anything about Fiorentina and Lazio, who are 4th and 6th now on Italy subforum.:D

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=bih/nationalleague/standings.html

All three clubs have Croatian checkerboard in their coat of arms, majority of players are Croats, even those who are under Bosnian flag. You won't see special cases only in Italy, other side of Adriatic Sea has their strange things.:D

25. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In Italy as far as I know no clubs have anything to do with each other. In Spain I know the B teams can't be in the same league as the A teams. Interesting in Croatia that teams are connected in the same league. A good friend of mine supports Dinamo Zagreb and he's not even Croatian he just likes then cause his team Spurs in the EPL had a few Croats.