Is it arrogant for Brazil to think it can win the world cup?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by SweetLife, Nov 22, 2012.

1. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Italy has a good team. They were in the Euro Final and reached it the hard way as always with Italy. The "Pharaoh" of AC Milan is one of my favorite players to watch. He is good,has speed and pace. much better then Ballotelli. Italy lost to Spain because they changed their formation and playing style against Spain. If there is one rule I learn in watching Spain play that is NEVER GIVE THEM SPACE!!!! And that is what Italy did. They uses the same formation that worked against Germany but Spain sliced and diced them. Italy is a four time champion and one of our world cup rivals. With the Stephan El Shaarawy Italy will be a problem. Plus let us not forget that tough old fashioned Italian defense.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yep, Italy is definitely dangerous. Like Brazil, they have a huge footballing culture that produces quality all the time. Always a winner candidate.

3. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    that is what i wanted to say but i just said injuries. reason why prandeli didn't play 3-5-2 was injuries. motta was injured and chielini was injured but he played prandeli new spain likes too go through middle and with injured chielini playing sweaper would be suicide and motta was best option for 5 in mid but he was injured too. but when motta came in and if dinatale scored that goal and motta stayed untill end i think italy would won

Rivelino87 repped this.
  4. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the simple answer is no, is not arrogant for brasil to think they can win 2014 world cup... it is jealousy and envy for fans of other countries to think they cant

[]__[]

5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No one's saying they can't.

6. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Brazil were always a contender to win WC ever since ...

7. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree on what you said about david luiz......Every person should do what his role is.......If luiz is a defender he should do that......Why does he go upfront to attack when attacking should be done by others.

8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am sure he follows the advice and instructions of his coach.
    And why not attack if he scores goals and there are defensive midfielders backing him up?
    Restricting a defender to certain areas is stupid.

9. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But in this process u leave lot of space for other team to utilise....Look this is the age of specialization..If everybody goes to attack then who will control the defense? Brazil has enough attacking options. Let them do their job

10. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've seen many times and i think his proble is that he gets frustrated. He has an outgoing personality and is not afraid of anything. So when he sees his teammates having trouble scoring for 40-50mins i think in his mind he saids ******** this im going to show this pussies how is done. And that's when he takes unnecessary risks. Plus i think he also know in his mind that he is a lot more talented than some of the attacking players.

[]__[]