Is Heaps Another Bust?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by A Casual Fan, Nov 20, 2011.

1. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not allowed to say that Heaps should probably be gone before the end of the season. So that the Revs can actively look for a real coach who can take the team for the last few games of the season and gather up a group of guys that he can certainly motivate, encourage and control.
    I promised that I wouldn't talk about Heaps' firing until after the season..so I won't! :)

2. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey was seriously sucking wind at the end of last night. Should we start a new "Is Klinsi a bust?" thread?

3. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I don't think the attack-minded player pool is limited at all, Klinsmann just refuses to call them in - Kljestan, Diskerud, Feilhaber (who has always played much better for the Nats than his club team) and even Adu (same deal as Feilhaber - I'd be tempted to give him a look next January camp even though he's played like complete crap for the Union). He's obviously not available now but Holden should also be looked at in January also since he should have 2-3 months of games under his belt by then. At least he finally game Zusi serious time, and it paid off.

It's not just the player selection, it's that the tactics and player formation that have resulted in uglier soccer than ever played under Bradley. Multiple DMs with average/below par ball skills and speed on the field at the same time? I'm happy it finally bit him on the butt in the 1st Jamaica game and he had to adjust. Even last night, the substitutions were pretty poor - with a 1-0 lead he brought in Shea (decent idea even though he didn't deliver), then Edu (the cause of a lot of the issues in the 1st Jamaica game) and Altidore (the defensively lazier of the available strikers.)

I could go longer, but in short Klinsmann I feel isn't a bust, but he's been riding the line for quite a while.