Is Bryan Ruiz the best player in the Concacaf region?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by MoRado, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Ruiz was marked well by all the AZ defenders (Hector Moreno had a strong performance)...but there was one play at the end where he decided to shoot a long range shot instead of cross when he had De Jong and N'Kufo in the box...but it was mostly due to desperation since Ruiz isn't known to be a ball hog. The ref also robbed Twente out of 1 obvious penalty from Poulsen's hand ball....and another that looked like a foul against Ruiz inside the box (looked like a penalty but was a tough call)...but was called a freekick.

Twente can still win the Eredivisie if they win their remaining 2 matches but have a tough schedule...hope Ajax lose tommorow to Williem :D

2. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ajax Won today and makes Twente's effort to win the Eredivise way harder...

Bryan Ruiz..calladito calladito pero haciendo bastantes goles...if Costa Rica would have qualified..he would have been a major target for some teams out there...

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    ajax has easier games left, i think they´ll win the championship and suarez gets the MVP, sorry for ruiz, ydays game was really important for them

4. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  5. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That would be a lateral move...bad move if you ask me...

Fulham is a mid table club with low aspirations...

He needs something better!

a team like Valencia, Sevilla,Werder Bremen..

alongside Pizarro...now doesnt that sounds better than dempsey jaja

6. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
  7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He would create MANY goals for either one.

8. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    lol Yeah i was just saying since both players have been talked about being top CONCACAF players... Ruiz should definitely move to Valencia, Villareal, or Sevilla his style would fit perfect with either club.

9. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Sevilla seems to be the one most in need of a striker like Ruiz. I'd say that's his best option. He would be a definite starter there, especially if Luis Fabiano leaves.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any ranking that has Argentina higher than Brazil and Spain in 4th place is to be ignored.

Ruiz is the best forward in concacaf (dempsy is a mid)

Palacios is the best player in concacaf followed by Guardado. IMO ofcourse.

11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Twente won, 3pts away of their first championship... 2nd for ruiz right?? he won one with alajuela if I am not mistaken...

13. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  14. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moi...i like u and everything but this coming from a Honduran newspaper does take away from its validity!

Bryan Ruiz is the best player in concacaf at the moment. no doubt about it dude...

Wilson is a good player dont get me wrong, but at the moment Ruiz has done way too much this season for it to be dismissed.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hell yea he is, people will try to shit on the league that is Holland, but the fact of the matter is some of the best strikers this world has seen often started and gotten their feet wet in Holland. I can't wait to see where he goes from here, and how he performs!

I wish more bolivians would get chances in Holland, its a perfect league our style of players.

16. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    So the opinion of one guy should be taken as definitive? I actually disagree with his statement that Palacios is very consistent, though maybe more so than his fellow CONCACAF players, so I can accept that choice.

I completely disagree with his assessment of Rafa Marquez, though. He shouldn't even be considered in the top 5 anymore. His form the last two years hasn't been at a good enough level to consider him (the few times we've even seen him play). I'm very certain he will never get his starter spot at Barca again, and the only way he can recover some form is to go to another team.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, Marquez is on his way down as far as form goes. His peak was a couple years back at least with Barca'. He will most likely end up in Italy after his time with Barca' ends or MLS for a DP contract, which I am sure will pay him handsomely.

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The thing is that if Marquez was at a diferent team...he would probably start

the level of competition at Barca surpasses any in the world...but i agree Rafa is def not in form but because of the level of expectation that no other club has even a bit of at Barca.

To me what Ruiz has done has been amazing, the only thing thats shadowed such performance this season has been that Luis Suarez has done some outrageous ish..and scored more than appearances..he has like what 40some goals this season? (all comps)

its crazy! but none the less Ruiz def is ahead of the rest in this game.

19. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    ehh?

Up until his injury in the semi-finals of last year's CL, Rafa was the starting CB along with Pique.

20. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    And he long since recovered, yet he still hasn't gotten the spot back. With the Pique and Puyol CB combination as good as it is now, there's no way Rafa gets back in there in important matches without injuries to one of them.

21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    That may be the case but at Rafa's age, that ain't nothing to sneeze at.

And to answer the question, yes, Bryan Ruiz is the best player from the region at the moment. Too bad the Ticos won't be in SA though.

22. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    I don't disagree with you. I just don't think he should continue to be put so high on this list while he lacks playing time. We're talking about about the present. Rafa could definitely still start on plenty of other teams, but for his sake I suggest he make that move soon.

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    no doubt its Diez.hn but the majority of the article is words from Raúl Orvañanos and he just doesnt say he doesnt mean and also he has his TV show so am sure this opinion hold valvue.......plus his Mexican. :D

24. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rafael Marquez can say something that no other concacaf player playing the game today or maybe ever can say. And no its not that he is a 3 time La Liga winner or that he is a 2 time European champion....As great as that is but no, its that not only was he a starter on the greatest team on the planet, but He was a starter on one of the greatest teams in the history of the game :cool:

25. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica