Is Bayern Munich worlds best club team?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Deutscher Meister, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Deutscher Meister

Deutscher Meister New Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Hamburg
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern Munich are dominating Europa as the best team.
    The balance of power in world football is shifting from Spain to Germany.
    Bayern munich is right now stronger than Barca.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Best now? Bayern.

Dominating Europe? I don't know. It's not like they've routinely won the CL annually. They're the best side, but the gap between them and the best of the rest isn't that big.

Balance of power shifting from Spain to Germany? It's too much said. For one team that goes to the late stages routinely, Spain has two. And of course Germany's NT hasn't done what Spain has done lately. I think if one puts the BuLi and Liga sides today to ranking, Germany has the number 1, but Spain has the next three.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the four, five years though.

jerrito repped this.
  3. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why Barcelona? Their peak ended at 2011. That's when they were defeated by Chelsea next year in the semi finals.

Bayern Munich has been very successful in the past 10 years. With a bit more luck, they could've had more CL than Real Madrid by the number of close times they've been in the finals.

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Yes, Bayern are esily the best club right now especially by 3 main reasons:
    - UCL champs
    - World club Champs
    - beating Barca (2nd best team) by 7-0 over 2 occasions (= so convincing)

LGRod repped this.
  5. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How is Barcelona the second best team if they lost 7-0? Wouldn't that be Dortmund, Real Madrid, Manchester City or Arsenal? Considering their results against BM?

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Barca lost 7-0 in few games (vs Bayern) but overall they could beat Dormund at ANY TIME, besides the fact they had a great win record in liga + UCL

8. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    This is what will happen on the next 4-5 years.

Every time a team wins the CL, that will be considered the best team and the best league in Europe until the next CL is over.

That is the knee jerk reaction people have towards everything. They judge based on the result of the tournament and not on the actual team and expectations. You never know how teams are going to do. At the beginning of the year people were saying how Man U could once again run away with the title early because of what they did last year...

Now.. opinions are different, why? because they have results to base their opinion on.

By the way Opinion based on results? i rather read the newspaper.

JamesBH11 repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And Barca haven't? 3 CL wins and 6 La Ligas in those 10 years. Bayern 1 CL and 5 Bundesligas.

Oh right you have an agenda (ie. Barca hatred), so your posts won't agree with facts.

10. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    As far as the season has come out so far I would put Bayern first, Man City second (they have picked up steam!)

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes and they are financially healthy and dont have to worry about FFP like some other clubs do.

12. CBWizard

CBWizard Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    For now it is, no one else comes close.

13. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The two top German club teams are the two best in the world right now. Dortmond and Bayern Munich.

We will see if that can effect this WC since there are a ton of players from those clubs on the German WC team.

14. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's not really like that, though. I mean - while all the credit to Chelsea - I don't think people thought they're the number one team when they won it. Also, I don't think too many people said that about ManU.

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bayern? Yes.
    Dortmund? No.

16. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    truth is sad ... is not it ...
    People evaluate a league based on the TOP 2 or 3 teams only ... like Media selling papers on Beckham, CR7 or Messi more so than say ... Lucas or Di Maria ... (who are very good players as well LOL)

17. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    See, most people are able to process that not always the best team is the winner. But even you are answering people that claim the top 2 teams are from Germany because that was last year's final.

You are in the minority.

When Chelsea won people were not saying Chelsea was the best but, the EPL was the strongest league because the CL winner couldn't even win their own domestic leagues.

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borussia Dortmund is third in the Bundesliga, but they're 14 points behind their league's leader just like seventh place Manchester United, and Bayern Munich has 1 fewer game played than Borussia Dortmund.

19. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You realize the results the other team I mentioned had against Bayern Munich, right? Real Madrid barely lost out to Bayern Munich, same with Dortmund, and other teams, ALL had better results.

I mean, WERDER BREMEN lost 7-0 to Bayern Munich. In one game, but two legs is basically the same thing.

20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    People said EPL was the best even when the winner of CL wasn't an EPL team, though.

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Also if you ask people to name the best two clubs, the majority won't answer Bayern and Dortmund. I mean Bayern sure, but Dortmund? No.

22. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Rating a team not only by one or two games ... OK?
    The reason I brought Barca lost to Bayern because they both had very close record in wining over all plus they both have similar quality in the team.

Wender bremen are also a very good team and thank to their great coach

23. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are you trying to say?

24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Bayern Real and Barca are Europe's Superclubs, their respective leagues protects them and shields them from all harm, plus gives them lots of money!

Those 3 clubs are equally the best clubs in the world. Man U is not far behind, but their league doesn't protect them as much. Spain would never accept a bunch of oil moguls coming in and taking on their 2 babies.

25. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    you example of Dormund winning over Bayern (1 or 2 games) did not reflect much....
    Barca lost 3games 7goals to Bayern but they got 100+ games with greast winning record besides them