Iranian Ace to Roma?!

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by persiantiger, Dec 19, 2003.

1. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    im not a roma fan but but i didnt hear about it anyway they were looking for a strong striker ala batistuta (and probably still are searching since carew isnt that powerful) but since they havent much money lately they could go for a cheaper one (didnt say weaker , i neither know that guy)

2. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vahid Hashemian

Maybe this reported Iranian ace maybe Vahid Hashemian of Bochum in Germany's Bundesliga?
    I haven't seen him personally but the guy already has more 10 goals at the half way point of the German season?
    So if it is a mystery maybe it's him?
    With that said i don't think he will be really all that cheap so i don't know, but Roma have a plethora of strikers.
    Vincenzo Montella
    Marco Del Vecchio
    Antonio Cassano
    John Carew
    and last but certainly not least
    ______Francesco Totti____________
    second best attack (behind the great Juve) in serieA, why need more firepower?

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    not gonna happen

No Roma for Mahdavikia

The hypothesis of a passage to Roma seems to have vanished for Mehdi Mahdavikia, the interesting Iranian midfielder of Hamburg, as the giallorossi had eyed the renewel of his contract after a ultimatum to the player. The 26-year-old Middle Eastern national had until February to make a decision on his future, or face the "cut": well, the German press on Thursday removed all doubt.

"I really believe that I will extend" the words attributed to Mahdavikia, and confirmed shortly afterwards by Klaus Topmoller to RTL: "I am happy that Mehdi will sign, this is important for us." Therefore a convincing offer from Hamburg, it is spoken about two million Euro per year over three seasons, Roma, instead would have taken him, at parameter zero, for little more than half.
    http://www1.sportal.it/news/news388656.html