Introduce Yourself Here [Part II]

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Chicago1871, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannonhills

shannonhills Member

Sep 7, 2007
    West Hills, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P.S. About me: I live in a northwestern suburb of LA. I have a BA in English, an MBA, and a professional job. I'm a single-mother-turned-nerd-fan. My 8 year old son has been asking me why I've started watching soccer lately, and tonight he watched with me, so hopefully he'll be playing soon.

2. danny dire

danny dire New Member

Sep 8, 2007
  3. soccerfreak79bc

soccerfreak79bc New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Hey all. I finally registered after being a guest for a many months. Just wanted to find a site where I could discuss me beloved Sellecion Mexicana. I play college soccer in California Shasta College. I just never followed through on it so I never knew how could I could be. My favorite player is Carlos Vela. My favorite players are Vela, Giovanni, Ochoa, and Guardado. My favorite player of all time is George Best from England. My favorite Mexican player of all time is "El Matadore" Luis Hernandez. Thats about for know I guess.

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Hi Guys,

I'm Adam, and a friend of mine is trying to promote Asian football on the following football forum website. http://forum.asianfc.com/index.php

It would be great if you could maybe sign up and also discuss football in Uzbekistan, Iran, Iarq, you name it everything throughout Asia with us. It's a new, up and coming website, so were trying to get a few more guys involved, especially you guys with the vast knowledge of the local domestic scene. so if your interested, come and view and tell us about your Football in your local leagues and spread the word about Asian Football

Thanks for your time

Adam

5. radfordbg

radfordbg Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Boone, NC
    What's Happening?!

I'm new here and I thought I'd say hello. I signed up to figure out some things about MLS expansion and progress on new SSS construction. I hope the site turns out to be as informative as my friends have said it would be.

Cheers,

Brandon

6. ClancyG

ClancyG New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Hi guys, I'm Clancy and I support Everton and I'm from England. If there was one team in Europe i'd *have* to support (only if I had to) it'd probably be Inter Milan. My favorite players are Andy Johnson and Diego. :)

7. Cansez

Cansez Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Suburbia, Texas
    Hey, I'm Cansez. I'm a partisan of the MLS's Houston Dynamo. I played for a year when I was eight and picked the game up as a spectator when I was in South Korea shortly before they co-hosted the 2002 World Cup. My participation in the sport now is limited to drinking beer with the Texian Army and losing my voice supporting our Dynamo.

8. kcearl

kcearl New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Toronto
    Hi I'm an expat Scotsman just moved to Toronto ON..I love Heart of Midlothian FC from my hometown Edinburgh but I lived in London for 13 years and am a big fan of the English game as well..If I can get tickets I'm going to try to get my footie fix by watching Toronto FC....

Did I mention I loved watching Scotland beat France yesterday...to top a group consisting of Italy, France and the Ukraine is some doing...come on the boys :D

Please excuse me if I don't call it soccer but when we invented it we named it football...time to reclaim the word ;)

9. LOSC_Cabaye

LOSC_Cabaye New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey Guys, I'm Andrew I'm from Phoenix, been reading this forum for a while but never joined till recently, thought I'd say hi, i'm a big soccer fan, watch as much as i can, on Setanta and GolTV, really enjoy the french league and adopted Lille OSC as my team, I am also a big Suns fan.

10. BayernM_Slovak

BayernM_Slovak New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Bratislava
    hi! my name is Peter and i come from Bratislava. i am from slovakia as you can see. my favorite tem bayern m. and favorite player franck ribery. i watch my team on goltv on p2p programs. channel not here for real tv. :(

11. exeter001

exeter001 New Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Hello I am an exeter city fan, I am a major fan of Exeter and cant wait to discuss football with the rest of you

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hi! I hail from Canada, but I was born in Peru. My dad's family comes from Argentina, and my mom is French. I lived many years in England, there I became a Hammers fan. I've played amateur level as a winger (left side) and now I coach a youth team in the weekends. Can't play myself any more due to a work accident. I've lurked here for a while, but now it's time to post.

13. Messy

Messy New Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Hi guys I'm new here. I need some help tho I want to know which mls team is closet to the American Portsmouth. As these will be my new team lol :D

any help much appreciated :)

14. airmanfour

airmanfour New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hello all. I'm stationed in Georgia but grew up in New Jersey, so I've decided that makes me a Red Bulls fan. I only recently decided to pay attention to soccer so I'm a newbie in all the ways it's possible to be one, but I'm here to learn as much as I can about the game and look forward to experiencing what I'm sure will be some spirited engagements.

15. LimoMan

LimoMan New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Hi all,

I am a soccer fan just like you.

I'm from Egypt.

I play soccer every week and my favorite team is the BARCA.

Favorite player is Cristiano Ronaldo.

I spend nearly all my time on Soccer forums on the internet.

Hope i can add a little to this great forum.

But, i still wounder, when i will be able to send my first new subject in this forum? after mow many normal posts? .. :confused:

16. cheesehead67

cheesehead67 New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first time on this page. I was born in WI, hence the cheesehead name. :)

My son asked me "How come a player gets a cap when they play an international match?" I thought it was a good question and I've been playing/coaching soccer for 25 years now and I didn't know the answer. So I was hoping someone here could help.

thanks

17. gio83

gio83 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    chicago
    hello all i am new to this webpage so bare with me if i don't know how to well do anything with it. i am a chicago native since the day i was born and a fire fan since 98. i enjoy watching the game very much i can watch it all day if i didn't have a family. so well i guess thats it if anyone has any tips for me on how to navigate here please hit me up.

18. arch_carrier

arch_carrier New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Stockport, UK
    Hi all,

Andy here from Manchester, England. Been reading these forums for a while now so I thought it was time to join and participate. I support Manchester City and with my parents being Italian and Ukrainian those are also the National teams I support. See you all around.

Andy

19. goaliegurl20789

goaliegurl20789 New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Hey All,

I'm Goaliegurl20789 but I guess you can call me Claire. I'm obsessed with soccer/"football" I play every day I love david beckham and Real Madrid to bad he left that. I thought this site looked different last time? Oh maybe that was a different soccer site but whatever. So yeah HI!

20. Menace15

Menace15 New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    London
    Must be a good day - Money cant buy you love.

Menace15 by name menace by nature.

Now lets see you win something Mourninho.

How much more does the FA need before it comes up with some rules?

I believe in declaration of a Fixed Annual budget by each team and losses should reflect in points won. (more on this later)
    :confused:

21. Bouncebackability

Bouncebackability New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    London
    Hello. I used to be registered as Winston Smith but have forgotten my password and no longer use the old PC. Besides I quite fancy a change.

22. nicolebsu

nicolebsu New Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Muncie
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi! My name's Nicole and I am a relative newbie to the world of soccer, though you can all rest assured that your comrade dcpohl has certainly talked my ear off about it the past year and a half. My first game I ever saw was during last year's world cup and I have been a Landon Donovan fan since. Don't worry- I'm aware of what I just said! haha. I'm not really a rabid supporter of anyone besides the USMNT (just went to the Brazil game in Chicago!!!), but I do cheer for the LA Galaxy and Fulham....It's difficult being in the soccer wasteland of the United States that is Indiana. We can't really get games anywhere. Oh well. It's good to be here and I'm excited to learn and know what the bf is talking about now. :)

23. Dennis1

Dennis1 New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Hey peoples, how are we all?
    The only thing you neded to know about me is hat I'm a Gooner.
    Cheers : )

24. brklyngooner

brklyngooner New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    hey.
    gooner, from brooklyn.

mainly just testing to see if i can post,
    thanks for your help, tech support.

25. HMadass

HMadass New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    This is Gray in Texas and I've already been posting up a storm (probably to the dismay of the other posters) in the WWC and American Women forums.

I'm a twenty two year old former club and school player who plays now just for fun and watches the women's games on the rare occasions they're broadcasted.

Glad to be here, and can't wait to get into some heated soccer debate with some of yall.