Introduce Yourself Here [Part II]

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Chicago1871, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazyasian

lazyasian New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hi guys, I'm new to the Big Soccer forums, and hope to meet some great new people.

2. NCGooner

NCGooner New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Raleigh
    Hello everyone! New to the boards, but have been a life long die hard football supporter......I even saw Pele's final match with the NY Cosmos in 1977. Ex-New Yorker, now living in beautiful Raleigh, NC......hoping to meet fellow Gooners in the Triangle area. I am looking forward to chatting with all of you fine people!

3. BritYank

BritYank New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Hey, although not new to footie i'm new to MLS. It's different lol, but sure it will grow on me

4. simon11111

simon11111 New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Hi guys! I just wanted to introduce myself:)

5. BlackKratos

BlackKratos New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Moscow right now.
    Hey everyone, I'm Warren. I've been posting for just a day, but I've been reading the site for quite a while now. I play guitar and listen to metal when I'm not playing ball or studying medicine. I haunt (haha) the Equipment forum :) Cheers! Oh yeah, I'm in Moscow most of the time :)

6. CarneyClark

CarneyClark New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Hi, also found site via Google trying to find out about Columbus Crew badge

7. CelticFaninINDY

CelticFaninINDY New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Holloman AFB
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hello from Indianapolis. Hard to follow a specific team here. Big ManU fan. Watch all the games I can. Always looking for fun fans to hang out with here in Indy..

8. christina1786

christina1786 New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    England
    hi. my name is christina. im from america but im livin in england now. dont pay much attention to the mls as it doesnt get much attention over here but a big fan of the european leagues

9. Aztk15

Aztk15 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Santa Ana
    hey im 17 always liked soccer but recently have been obssesd these last couple of years with soccer and following my teams barcelona and el tri

10. dozh77

dozh77 New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Hi, I am dozh77 from Singapore, been a liverpool supporter for past 10 years. go liverpool

11. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Hi everyone

I've been a Man City fan since I could kick a ball, been to a few matches (Maine Road) and in 2000-2001 season, was a crowd steward in the Upper Kippax. I looked after a great bunch of fans.

Since 2001, I've lived outside of Toronto and The FCs form reminds me of my team (of earlier seasons I must add!). Our new City team are fantastic and surprising everyone with how well they're playing as a team.

Now that Cogeco have finally signed the deal with Setanta, (Channel 421 on digital), EPL fans are back in 7th heaven.

Have a great season and
    Come on You Blues!Lynne-MCFC :D

12. bluewingjeff

bluewingjeff New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    hello from bluewingjeff

Love this forum and really just found it by accident. I have played soccer since I was 5, youth, club ball, high school (Florida) and played 3 years in college. Currently in an over 30 league but the legs aren't what the used to be!

13. Energizer

Energizer New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Hi everyone!

Joined the site a few days ago. I live in Pretoria, South Africa, and am 22 years old. Originally from England, and have been playing since I was little. My favourite player is Steven Gerrard. He's not fancy, and doesn't do flip-flaps or other tricks, but he's one of the hardest working, skillful, most direct, and determined players I've ever seen. He always lifts other players around him and doesn't cry or play dirty like so many other players seem to do nowadays :D Anyway, enough idolising :) Enjoy your football!

14. alslammerz

alslammerz Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Staten Island, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey folks, I'm Alslammerz, although Al is fine, as is Slammer. I joined when the soccer part of my sports forum died, so now I'll use here for soccer and there for others. I'm from New York City thereabouts, not Alabama regardless of what my username implies (it was from a name the team suggestion I used for a minor league hockey team). I was (am?) a MetroStars fan but I just hate the new name and was never that tied to them, so now I'm waiting until I move in about a year to see who I end up supporting. I'm most likely moving to the Midwest, so it seems like it'll be the Fire, the new St. Louis team if there is one, or Milwaukee USL.

15. Galactic_Gooner

Galactic_Gooner New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    West Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello All! I played soccer as a kid (like just about everyone in the states) and then lost it for a while. Anyway - starting in 1998 I religiously watched the World Cup and became a USMNT fan. Each world cup I have gotten more obsessive and watched every match possible. Last year I started watching the EPL and got hooked. Then this year I decided to give the Galaxy a try and dove right in with season seats. The season has been a downer but my kids and I love going to the HDC to see matches and I will now be a Galaxy fan for life. I also got my first Arsenal jersey last week and it is so cool to wear it around.

16. Giobeast

Giobeast New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Egypt
    Hi All .. my name is Gio I'm from Monaco but currently living in Egypt for work

I've been a fan for Real Madrid since 1984(third generation :D fan) and i look forward to read your views & debate on my favorite sport and my fav club and liga in general

my fav player of all time is Hierro & Laudrup and currently our underrated Roberto Soldado

17. Riverplatephilly

Riverplatephilly New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Ambler, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike---I'll look past it that you're a Boca fan (although they're doing waay better than River at the start of this season--Boca is ranked #1 right now, while River is close to the bottom). 'Wonder how many Boca fans are in Ohio.

Welcome to Big Soccer

18. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    Hey guys, Dutch guy living in California here :)
    Let's see how I like this forum :)
    Greetings, Sleeve

19. arbee9

arbee9 New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Hi everyone, I share your passion about the beautiful game...from Boston Ma, Glad to be here!!

20. VamosMexico!

VamosMexico! New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Minnesota
    Hi! There's nothing like soccer in this world

21. spectre013

spectre013 Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Just came across Big Soccer, Been involved in soccer for about 15 years now, the last 7 as a Referee and a Parent.

Just cant get enough of soccer, doesn't matter if it's watching the U-12's, the pros or doing lines and middles for high school.

Hi All!!!

22. AnthMartian

AnthMartian New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Bath U.K
    Hello all!

I am a newbie on the boards from England. I have enjoyed following and watching Football in the U.S whenever i can since the MLS was formed following the World Cup. I have found it very interesting to see how the sport has developed and progressed. I am hoping Becks arrival can move things on some more. I am a huge fan of David, and wish L.A all the best ( they need it!!! )

As soon as i found this message board i joined, and felt it would be interesting to discuss the game, and get to know some U.S fans.

My name is Anth (ony), i follow Bristol Rovers F.C here in England. We just won last season promotion to League 1 in England, in the Play Offs. I got to see my team win at the brand new Wembley Stadium! It was awesome. My second team is Manchester UTD.

So...Hi all.

23. kmally

kmally New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Hey everyone! im a huge college soccer fan! the best player out there is WILL HALL from UVA.. best midfielder in the history of the game...

24. sonmoku

sonmoku New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Hello, I live in Gainesville, FL. I am an avid fan of the sport. Looking forward to serious discussion about football/soccer. My favorite teams in the MLS are D.C. United and the Dynamo. Big supporter of the USMNT. I have other favorite world teams as well. Played soccer in high school but stopped when I got to college. Watched the 2006 world cup and that got me back into playing again and rediscovered the passion for the sport.

25. shannonhills

shannonhills Member

Sep 7, 2007
    West Hills, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all,

I'm new to this site, and new to league soccer. I've always paid close attention to world Cup events (including taking off from work to watch matches), but have little knowledge of the different leagues and teams.

My love of soccer was fueled when David Beckham joined my local team, the LA Galaxy. My boyfriend is Mexican, so I bought tickets for us to attend the SuperLiga final between the Galaxy and Pachuca on August 24. It was an AMAZING match! Galaxy gave Pachuca an own goal, Beckham got rammed in the groin and then flipped in the air to injure his knee, all in the first half. And then in the stoppage time, the Galaxy tied the game with an incredible bicycle kick! Overtime ended with the match still tied, and it wasn't until the last penalty kick that the game was decided. Now THAT'S what I call a good game!! Besides the Galaxy players, I was especially impressed by Pachuca goal keeper Miguel Calero (The Condor) and forward Damien Alvarez (La Chilindrina). Calero literally floated like a bird in the goal, and Alvarez -- short, fast and extremely agile -- seemed to be everywhere at once, under everyone's feet.

I've been watching soccer on TV nonstop ever since. I'm getting to know the different leagues, teams and players. Right now I'm watching the Galaxy kick ass over Colorado (3-0, with 2 minutes to go). OUCH! Colorado just scored a goal in the 89th minute!!!

Anyway, glad to be here, and I apologize in advance if I say stupid things that irritate veteran fans!

Shannonhills