Introduce Yourself Here [Part II]

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Chicago1871, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crokiiiz

crokiiiz New Member

Aug 15, 2007
    :) Hello

I am French Webdesigner ans i am happy to be Here :) Peace 4 all

If you search about European Football Team Shirt or football equipement go to http://www.maillot-de-football.fr

;)

2. UpTheGunnersBMT

UpTheGunnersBMT New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Asheville,NC
    Hello all. Name's Anthony. I love in Asheville, NC. I've been following soccer in general for several years with intense interest (since right out of high school). Never really followed the game until I saw The Arsenal play on TV and I've been hooked on the Gunners and their beautiful, flowing play ever since. It's a pleasure to talk to other lovers of the game, as my wife is a bit baffled by my obsession.

And it's an even greater pleasure to see the Spuds at the bottom of the table, currently.

Up the Gunners!

3. manu-laga

manu-laga New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    football fan for almost the rest of my life. A big fan of Manchester United and L.A Galaxy (with or without Beckham). Right now I'm trying to be a Firefighter.

4. Webbie

Webbie New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Blue Mooooooooooooon !

Citeh ! Citeh ! Citeh !

Morning campers.
    Genuine real born-within-the-sound-of-Maine Road, City fan here.

Moved to septic land a few years ago. Been visiting this forum for ages and finally... finally I pull me finger out and got registered.

Any of my other fellow expats here ? Mickmills ? Gooner81 ?
    Anyone...? Anyone...?

Either way I'm up for some banter and will see everybody on the boards.

Webbs.

5. Riverplatephilly

Riverplatephilly New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Ambler, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey and Hola (Ola).
    I just discovered this forum. Awesome.
    I also just discovered that there are entire sites on the Web to bring soccer to Philly, my adopted home of 10 years.

Born and raised in Maryland, of Argentine & Filipino descent. My passion for soccer started in Argentina in '93, and crescendoed to the '94 world cup and seeing that unforgettable USMNL game against Brazil.

Good to share the passion with the rest of you.

6. torontofever

torontofever New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    Hi, I'm new to the site. I follow Toronto and FC Dallas. I live in Ogden, Utah yeah, I know our team stinks. Anyway I have a question for anyone who has an answer. I was at the game when pool keeper Sam Reynolds was injured, I have not been able to find out how he is doing or what happened to him. I know Toronto was pleased with his performance in the few appearances he had for them. So my question, anyone with insider info on how he is recovering? Grateful for any info. Thanks.:confused:

7. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    How do!

Registered last week. Finally able to activate. So glad to discover this site.

Been a soccer fan off and on most of my life. I remember the late seventies early eighties when the old North American Soccer League had the Toronto Blizzard and the Detroit Express. I was at old Exibition Stadium in 1979, during the CNE, when I saw the Blizzard take on the New York Cosmos with Beckenbauer and Chinaglia in a playoff game. And I remember watching on ABC the Vancouver Whitecaps defeating the Tampa Bay Rowdies in the Soccer Bowl.

Since the league folded, I followed Canada's run to the World Cup tournament in 1986, the Canadian Soccer League, and various World Cups and Euro Cups. I am thrilled that Major League Soccer finally planted a team here in Canada, Toronto FC which I proudly call my team, and hope that they will soon be joined by both Vancouver and Montreal, both great soccer markets.

I shall concentrate mostly on TFC and MLS matters. Talk to ya soon.

8. Becks and Galaxy

Becks and Galaxy New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hello,

I've been a soccer fan all my life. I've followed all soccer in general and never really had a favorite team until about 5 years ago, when I started following the Galaxy. I usually just read articles and watched games. Recently I've had some questions about why the galaxy do some of the things they do and why some of the USmnt players are where they are. I looked around and found a couple of forums. After observing I liked this one the best and finally registered.

I think Beckham is one of the greatest players to ever kick a ball. I think he's a great guy also. I'm equally interested in seeing the Galaxy do well and rooting for them.

I played Football, Soccer, and Baseball through high school before I played minor league baseball. After a couple years and that not working out I went to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo. I played with a club team and some 7-7 tournaments. I now work in southern Ca doing landscaping and watching football, baseball, and soccer.(I've noticed some people call it football and some soccer, I'll just call it soccer since I was born in the US and like american football also)

I'm glad to be here and look forward to hearing everyone opinions and asking some questions.

Thanks

9. Larry819

Larry819 New Member

May 25, 2006
    San Bernardino, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi everyone,

I haven't followed soccer for a long time and I'm sure like a lot of people, Americans in particular, the only time I got into soccer was during the world cup. I've tried to follow the MLS when it started and in the years that has followed, but It was difficult, the MLS contracted two teams in FLA [CHARTER MEMBER TB Mutiny & Miami Fusion) years down the road, it wasn't that I hated Soccer I just I didn't give it much of a chance along with the MLS, especially when people form Europe and Latin America have slammed and continue to slam the league. But for some reason in the last couple of years my attitude began to change and watching following the World Cup. I've known about various famous football clubs around the world from CD Guadalajara to Manchester United, Arsenal to Real Madrid, Barcelona to Budesliga, but I began to look at the history of some more clubs and learn more about the top flight leagues and it has renewed my interest in Soccer....MLS in particular. Go Team USA, GO MLS, Go Galaxy.

10. MikeMan1216

MikeMan1216 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Ohio, USA
    Hey, I'm Mike.

I've played soccer for close to 10 years now and I'm only 13 years old. I play for a premier league team and a local travel team. My favorite teams include the US national team. For MLS, LA Galaxy and DC United. For English Premier League, Fulham FC. My other favorite team is Boca Juniors from Argentina.

11. Bayernova

Bayernova New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Hi everyone! I'm Bayernova. As you see, my favourite club's Bayern Munich. I live in Poland, Gdańsk.
    I hope, I'll meet here many fanastic football fans. ;)

12. louis.jimenez

louis.jimenez New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Hey Everybody,

Im 20 from nyc, and finally starting to get interested in soccer. trying to learn more about the mls, and the red bulls. look forward to fun discussions

13. magpie2k6

magpie2k6 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    HI Notts County fan here (oldest profesional football team in the world) for anyone who doesnt know we are currently in league 2 of england (4th divison basicly lol)

14. jcreject

jcreject New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Hello all.

I am originally from Scotland but now living in England. I am primarily here to talk about the MLS as opposed to the teams I actually support (Coventry City and Glasgow Celtic) because I am taking a large interest in how the MLS is shaping up. Obviously, Beckham's move has resulted in extensive coverage but I have never been a fan of Beckham the footballer. I saw the Red Bulls-Galaxy game several nights ago and was impressed by several players so I will be watching closely, and will attend a game next summer when I go to the US.

JC

15. Nate the Gooner

Nate the Gooner New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Hey,

I'm from Newcastle, Australia and I support the Newcastle United Jets in the A-League and Arsenal in the EPL. Have supported Arsenal since my Engilsh step-father gave me my first Gunners strip when I was ten. Didn't really have much choice but couldn't imagine supporting any other club now.

I'm also partial to Barcelona, especially now they've got Henry, but it's only a distant admiration, I dont follow them extensively.

16. abfnumberten

abfnumberten New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    From Florida. Rowdies and Mutiny fan, but they are no longer here. Follow the US National Team, Man U and Juventus. Glad to be here.

17. forzaTV

forzaTV New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Hi everyone
    I'm from Belfast and I run a web tv site for my local team, Glentoran.
    The site is updated regularly with match highlights etc.
    http://www.forzatv.net/

18. Madrid4ever

Madrid4ever New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    I have also posted a few times..but o well

Hey all
    from New York city, big Real Madrid fan and barca hater (goes wthout saying).
    Nice to be here
    Best wishes to everybody

19. Anna Italia

Anna Italia New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    USA
    Hello I am Anna from CALIFORNIA a big soccer fan. I follow mostly the Italian Soccer Serie A.

Though, I also check the EPL, La Liga, and check whats going on around the wonderful world of soccer.

Any follower of the Italian Soccer Serie A?

Who are your favorite teams? players?

20. soccerrag

soccerrag New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Hi all! I'm SoccerRag from Singapore. Have been a soccer fan since the Hillsborough tragedy. Still love the game so much despite becoming jaded over the constant drama (which makes the game ever so intriguing). Hope to get to know more fans and friends all over the world into the Beautiful Game.

21. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, I've been on Big Soccer since early this year, although I've been reading threads on it since before the WC 2006. Before that I was on the BBC 606 board, until the great purge which reduced it from a fascinating, lively, forum, to a censorious and overbearing taste of Big Brother. I'm glad that, aside from the occasional Dolores Umbrage admiring moderator, the forums at BS capture some of that original spirit of the 606.
    So far, it has been rewarding in many ways. To have so many with a genuine passion for soccer, with experience and insight to share, is not something easily found elsewhere in my life.
    Thanks to you all, and let it long continue :)

22. Portugal22

Portugal22 New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Hey guys my name is Portugal22. I am Portuguese. I am very glad to join these forums.

23. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bom Dia, Sr. Portugal, como estas hoje?

24. Obese

Obese New Member

May 9, 2007
    Solna, Sweden
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Name's Obese and I'm just dropping by to post a hello. Been a frequent reader and now a member since May of this year. When enjoying football visit the southern parts of Stockholm and wear something green and white.

Regards,

O.

25. Deutscher

Deutscher New Member

Aug 24, 2007