(Int'l Friendly) Frankreich gg. Deutschland 02.06.13 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 3, 2013.

1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Typical comical defending from a Loew side. Everyone is sleepwalking through this match except Ribery.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not a terrible individual game from anyone with the exception of Gomez which is expected given his lack of playing time and the continued divergence of the structure of the side.

As a team - dreadful. This team isn't going anywhere. A less effective Bayern. A high line with Mertesacker, and Bayern type - heavy on width countering with little conceptual consideration.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really fear for the development and progress of this team.

5. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's giving podolski a chance to impress, same applies to gomez i think.

6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Oezil and Ribery look very good apart from that not much to report in this game.

7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Most of the players look like they don't know where they are supposed to be or what they are supposed to be doing. Does Loew even give instructions, because the only thing making this side look halfway decent is the individual intelligence of certain players.

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gomez and Howedes in particular not playing well, but I still hope Gomez plays the full match so he can get more match fit.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure why. We know what we get from these two and it's silly to think the progress of this side lies in the re-integration of these two players.

10. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought Oezil looked disinterested. Of course this is a friendly, but he has basically spent most of his time (when France is in possession) standing around waiting for a counter attack opportunity. Perhaps I expect so much more out Oezil than some here, that there is no way I could rate his first half performance as anything other than average to bad.

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Have Podolski and Gomez linked up at all? They look so out of sync. What an odd pairing.

12. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoewedes is being played out of position, and it shows big time. If he swapped sides with Lahm, it would make a world of difference. I still hope to see Bender in the 2nd half though.

13. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think they have. Gomez and Mueller have, and Gomez and Khedira have, but that's about it. Oezil had an opportunity to put him through on goal but Gomez cut hard to the right when Oezil expected him to continue his run to the outside. In the end the pass was easily gathered by Lloris.

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he's been our best player. He's the only one with any creative drive. He's the only one who kept possession and drove the team forward in tight angles and when there was nothing to create from.

At this point he's our most important player. Imagine us without him.

15. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    At least he's trying to make something happen in attack. Nobody else is helping him though.

16. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Podolski, Gomez and Howedes are not first team material. Gundogan looks okay.

17. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Muller and Ozil the only players trying something upfront. The left side is non existent , Gomez isn't match fit.

18. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is that he and Mueller are just operating on their instincts. None of the other players look like they have been given any direction from Loew. In attack Oezil has been fine, I've never had a problem with that. His pressing and defensive work is the area of his game that he needs to work on.

19. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Podolski and Gomez rubbish for Germany ? Who would have thought ?

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    We need a bit grit and determination - Lars Bender and Andre Schuerrle.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree to an extent. I don't think he needs to do as much 'defending' as his critics like to point out. What he needs to do is come deeper and collect the ball, which he has done. Pressing isn't even part of Germany's game anymore but I think everyone does need to do more of it.

Most of this is on Loew. He can't translate the player's club forms to the National Stage, nor can he create any synergy between them. It's atrocious given the talent he has at his disposal. The more conservative his thinking, the further back he is setting this side.

nekkibasara repped this.
  22. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    anyone got a stream?

23. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Loew has 45 min to save his job.

24. timh19