(Int'l Friendly) Frankreich gg. Deutschland 02.06.13 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bring in Stefan Kiessling or Nils Petersen. We still need a in-form striker as backup in case strike less lineup doesn't work or we need a tactical change within the game

Mario Gomez is not match fit, he needa play more.

2. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Now that Schmelzer is out, they should replace him with Oczipka. It is a must.

3. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

odd1234 repped this.
  4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    interesting thought:

Bring in Shawn Parker and cap him?

Its not like we have many options up top anyway. Loew hates Kiessling for some strange reason, and Klinsi is already approaching Shawn Parker this early in his professional career.

4-6-0 may or may not work. we still need alternatives and some depth up top in case we need a tactical change. Gomez is not playing enough and i like to roll the dice on young Parker who has always been rated highly in his age group

MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's a friendly, players can't get capped this way.. and well to this point the 4-3-3-0 is the alternative not the 4-5-1

6. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's a friendly, I'd rather they stick with the 4-3-3-0 if they try it regardless of the results in the game. Who cares if we lose a friendly if our kids can get a better grasp of the new formation? That's why I wouldn't even bring a striker, let Gomez and Klose continue to heal up and so what the kids can do.

Dalmar repped this.
  7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What we'll probably see vs. France:

--------------------Adler-------------

Boateng--Mertesacker--Hummels--Lahm

------------Kroos-------Khedira-----------

-----Müller------Özil---------Podolski----

------------------Gomez-----------------

8. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Because Schuerrle is not starting material yet.

odd1234 repped this.
  9. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Which is what we should have seen vs. Italy. That lineup went 10-0 in qualifying and 3-0 in the Group of Death. They at least earned the chance in the SFs, rather than that garbage Loew fielded vs Italy.

10. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Lahm on the left! :D

11. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course, if the result is a bad one, many will again see it as an indisputable, irreversible proof that the 4-3-3(-0) doesn't work and never will. Also, with players like Reus and Götze out of the game, the options for using the strikerless formation are somewhat more limited than they usually would be; meaning a negative result and the team not "clicking" is more likely.

Having said that, I agree that games like this friendly against France are the best opportunities to test the 4-3-3. Personally, I'd see it much rather than some ordinary 4-2-3-1 with Gomez up top and Podolski on the wing. I doubt it will happen though. Maybe in the second half...

12. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Personally if poldi does start.. I hope schurrle swaps him in 2nd..

Seeing how our players are dropping like flies, wouldn't mind giving youngsters some looking at in the 2nd..

I want to see;

Khedira-Gundogan
    Muller-Ozil-schurrle
    Gomez

I think schurrle will combine better with Ozil and muller then poldi will..

13. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Agree, the absence of Reus would limit the success of the 4-3-3 experiment but I don't think the main focus of the striker-less formation at this point would be the three front players . IMO, the trio in the midfield are as critical to the system functioning smoothly as front three. This trio would need to move the ball faster in tighter spaces, be comfortable on the ball to reach a level close to the Spanish and ultimately win a trophy. For this reason, Gundogan is must.

Loew's idea of 4-3-3?

I am not sure if this is what we may see again in Wednesday's match but against Netherlands the two CBs had the most contact with the ball. If the focal point of distribution is the same, knocking the ball to Merti and Hummels when pressure is applied and expecting them to open up the field the whole idea of 4-3-3 might be a joke. The midfield trio need to distribute the ball faster especially when opponents try to close them down. Marti and Hummel can be an outlet but really they shouldn't have the most contact with the ball.

I think in 2013 we should be paying a close attention to how the trio in midfield develop: can they move the ball faster when pressure is applied?

Yes: This team has a great chance of winning 2014 World Cup.

No: Another semi-final exit.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  14. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    With Klose out, i think fans and media are really expecting Kiessling included in the squad.

No one knows if 4-6-0 will work or not and Mario Gomez seriously lacks match practice. Nils Petersen or Kevin Volland may be needed and give us an alternative when 4-6-0 fails or whenever we need a tactical change.

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's the whole point of friendlies though; to try things that may or may not work, like 4-6-0. Also, from the fact that Löw hasn't already called up Kießling and actually called up Sven Bender over Kießling to replace Klose I believe. It seems Löw has his heart set on either 4-6-0 or Gomez, likely 4-6-0, which makes me happy.

16. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Actually I always thought that Schürrle is not really a combination player. And Poldi has shown at Arsenal that he is very good assisting.

Regarding Kießling
    This national team week only has one training session prior to the match as with the Sunday matches a lot of the team only regenerated yesterday. No time to put somebody new into the team especially if it is not a Bayern or Dortmund player that plays together with some players that are very familiar to him.

17. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bild predicts

Adler

Lahm, Merte, Hummels, L. Bender
    Khedira, Gündogan
    Müller, Özil, Schürrle
    Gomez

Bender at leftback.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is boetang out?

I like the line up :)

20. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 Real Madrid players on the field? You'd think they'd be tearing up their respective league like the 4 Bayern players are.:D Why no Schwein? Would rather see Reus for Schuerrle but what ya gonna do?

21. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Which team are you talking about?:)

22. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No Schweinsteiger because he's utterly stupid and no Reus because he's injured.

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweinsteiger, Reus and Goetze are "injured".

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haven't you guys heard? Schweinsteiger doesn't do friendlies anymore. ; )

25. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's just trying to make room for Jogi to experiment. :p