International Transfer Rumors [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    IMO, the Caza Gol does not exist in modern football, each player must pull their own weight. I would venture to say a 40 year old Romario is the only such player left.

And Bravo sucks at creating space for himself without the ball at his feet. He is not strong enough to out muscle opponents and relies more on his speed and dribbling skills, which you claim are not his strengths!

Truth be told, Chivas does not have a center striker, or Target forward, and has not had one for years. Just look at the players that the club attempted and failed to get: Kikin Fonseca, Aldo De Nigris, and Luis Angel Landin.

2. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't watch all of the Chivas games, and I'm not trying to knock the guy... I've yet to see Bravo impress me with his dribbling or shooting. The one thing I'll say that I like about him ability to head the ball quite effectively (especially considering he's short). I think he has a knack with his club to find spaces and score goals, but I want a forward to create something out of nothing. When I watch him play I never feel comfortable, in fact I'm usually cringing because I feel a wasted opportunity will soon take place.

3. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jesus.. shouldn't a thread about Bravo be opened up? ...

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it's a testiment on how pathetic this transfer season has been...yeah I'm officially disappointed.

If you have something else to discuss please do so. I welcome a non-Bravo topic.

5. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    seriously tho, I havent taken this thread seriously since the omar crap started. i jus skim the posts and if i see omar, bravo or chivas I skip the whole page. there should be another thread for the omar rumors since its jus clutterin up this one.

6. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd think somebody would've picked up Blanco he was amazing ... they scored 2 goals on this kid only .. or 3 ... one of them was a Golazo ... the other one was deflected ... is unfair to see him at Primera A

7. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wat happened to the Pato-Ajax and Villaluz - Arsenal rumors? Blanco has a bright future but I cant believe Ochoa hasnt been picked up yet. I think its only a matter of time, a few more caps and I think we could see him goin as early as next summer.

I really think clubs/agents/Mexico/players have to start doin better marketing. Each top player should have their own website with videos, fanclubs, mailin lists, etc. I think thats part of the reason so many Nats are abroad (granted, on no name teams), cuz theres alot of behind the scenes work that is occuring, making things happen. I dont see that much with our players. They either have to be phenomenal or its not gonna happen for some time.

8. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I really don't know.. could be that they want to pay peanuts for the kids, and that's not going to roll... not with us ... Ochoa said ManU is keeping a close eye on him ... and that later on on th season some videos will be sent out ...

9. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd like to elaborate on my last post, I really think thats the key. Nats are able to go abroad in larger number to crappy teams because they seem to have a more intricate, sophisticated network/system. We gotta remember that the USA has mastered the art of marketing players through the NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB and now it seems the MLS/USA is pickin up the pace. Mexico appears to be a bit underdeveloped and I think thats part of the problem with our players not gettin noticed or not making things happen. Why do you think most Nats end up in the UK? Cuz thats where their networks exists and its only gonna get bigger as more and more American investors do business in the UK. How many do you see in la Liga? Thats where Mexican clubs/players/agents/agencies need to capitalize since the language barrier isnt a problem. Basically my motto is, if they dont come to us, we have to go to them.

Euro sponsored academies and agreements need to also occur so our players get exposure. Why is it that Real Salt Lake was able to get an agreement with Real Madrid? Our clubs should be able to do that. I know some agreements and academies exist in Mexico but it needs to increase because the Nats are gonna gobble it all up.

We have to eliminate as many barriers as possible to make transactions happen sooner or more painfree. For all we know, Euro clubs may not wanna do business with Mexican clubs because they may regard as "the league that is impossible to do business with". Having all the things I already mentioned would help eliminate some of the barriers

10. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

There's a couple of teams in the EPL that have ify gks. Memo is awesome, and I hope Hugo calls him up for every friendly, in order for him to get a wrok permit with no problems.

Blanco will be a starter in 1st division soon enough. I hope that if Calero continues to struggle they give Blanco a shot.

There's a number of players that are good enough for Europe now, but when I hear shit like Vergara saying no Chivas player will leave until they've debuted in 1st division...very disheartening.

11. Mexican_Texan

Mexican_Texan New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Calero's backup isn't Blanco, is he? Who was Mexico's other GK in the U20?

12. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Van Nistelrooy??

13. Chivin

Chivin Member

Aug 4, 2006
    LA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, I believe Blanco got transfered to Indios.

14. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I come hear looking for Bravo posts and all I get is an interesting discussion on why Mexican players don't get signed abroad! What is going on??:D

I think part of it is the high transfer fees clubs demand for proven Mexicans (didn't the "wonderful" Adu end up going for just $2 million in the end?). It's going to be ages before we can command the fees the Arg/Bra can get. In addition, the players have been somewhat unknowns in Europe, despite success on the international level (u17/u20/copa america). I think Spain and Germany are going to be paying more attention now that they have successful Mexicans playing there, but the key to get Mexicans in foreign leagues will be to focus on the younger players. If I were an agent, that's who I'd try to sign, and then promote them in Europe before they get used to the great lifestyle they can live in Mexico.

I was disappointed with this offseason. I thought Guardado and Ochoa would show enough during the summer to go abroad, and hoped one or two U20s would also get a chance (thought maybe Araujo). And ok, I did have high hopes for Medina, though he crashed and burned with the national team. Instead it was just Guardado.

It could be that when a player reaches the point where we recognize they have the talent (like Guardado in spring/summer 06), that is when foreign teams start to scout the players for a year (same case with Salcido, Osorio in 05 Confed) before signing. The problem is that there isn't enough demand from multiple teams to make them sign the player immediately, before he gets away. They can just wait another year.

As much as people hate Vergara, his idea for a European club is intriguing. Euro scouts trust their judgement of the european leagues better than what they see in Mexico, and would be more willing to sign a player they've seen playing for OmniEspana than the same player playing in the Mexican league. A Euro team designed specifically to promote Mexican players would be great.

Ok, sorry about the long post.

15. Chivin

Chivin Member

Aug 4, 2006
    LA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Van Nistelrooy no es un caza goles. Tiene un perfecto sentido de posicion en el campo, pero tambien conduce el balon como pocos. Tira bien de larga distancia, ETC.

16. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Mete todos sus goles dentro del area. Y casi nunca crea su propia jugada. Asi que para mi, si es un cazagoleador.

[youtube]WIj-0QUga-c[/youtube]

[youtube]bf8Fja0ywLg[/youtube]

17. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    Well, going away from Bravo for a bit, we have two Mexicans playing in Sweden now according to Protagonistas.

It's their 3rd division tho, nothing to get excited about.

18. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    STFU

Borguetti es un cazagoles, Pelaez era un cazagoles, Hermosillo era un cazagoles.

Bravo ES un CAZAGOLES.

Jose Cardozo, Raul, Zague, Rooney, Nery Castillo, (even Cacho, Palencia, and Luis Henrandez to some extent)...etc etc. are all examples of strikers who create their own chances but also do a great job of taking advantage of the opponent's defensive errors.

The "cazagoles" types almost NEVER create their own opportunities. They rely on their positioning inside the opponents area and their finishing.

I'm sure we can all agree that Bravo has great positioning but his finishing skills leave a lot to be desired. And his technical ability?
    When was the last time we've seen him create his own goal?
    Hell I think even Guishe has him beat there.

LGRod repped this.
  19. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I'm pretty sure I saw him create his own goal, outside the area, against Uruguay just recently in Copa America. Perhaps I'm mistaken though...:confused:

20. ar2ro

ar2ro Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Shanghai, China
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Were you watching the game with your Chivas goggles?

21. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    van nistelrooy is a world class cherry picker.

and i don't know where barrios estiles is getting this omar bravo dribbling stuff.

and i never said his speed wasn't one of his strengths - he has to use his speed because he won't out muscle everyone.

he's also good in the air, because think of all the free headers or headers he's won in between one or two defenders.

of course, it's a different story in europe, but all this talking up of european troncos to talk down bravo is ludicrous.

22. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    I'll put another actual rumor here.

According to Cancha, Efrain Juarez is about to sign for Young Boys of Swizz first Division IF he doesn't sign with an unspeficied Premier League English team.

23. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have no idea what VS is going on about in regards to Bravo. Guado is right on this one...dude is a target forward.

On occasion he might dribble past someone and I've seen him put a decent cross together from time to time. Sometimes he can even score a golazo from a distance with his eyes closed, but he is a target forward first and foremost. I think some people have a hard time accepting that because in all honesty, how often do you see a short target player who is affected with down syndrome?

Dude, I've been reading your posts for a while now and you're starting to get annoying. A bunch of god damned unjustifiable gloom and doom on the superliga threads and now this. You do nothing but provide fodder for hopeful spazzoids looking for legitamacy over their league. I wouldn't even care if it were correct, but it isn't.

Look, our players aren't cheap and the MLS ones are. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with the marketing experience of the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB.

NONE!

So some of the MLS clubs have sister relationships with a few Euro clubs and as you mentioned there's a few of them in Mexico too. It's no reason to fackin go off the deep end as if some avalanche of mediocrity is on the horizon for the FMF. Shit...some of our clubs are forming relationship or looking to form relationships with MLS clubs too.

It's just business and our league is only going to continue to get better as is theirs. The progress only looks dispraportianate to you because quite frankly they are coming up from the depths of the deepest trench in the sea. It's kind of like weight loss, the pounds come off real easy at first, but if you wanna get cut and show off your body, it takes an assload of work and dedication.

24. koishki

koishki Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Wow, the mods here are worthless, anyway, whatever happened to the wonderkid Andoni? I thought he was going to be kicking ass at Real by now??

25. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Offered a contract, his father refused it.