International Games for Bolivian League Teams

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LOL No way dude! Too much work! You keep doing it! :p

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea but you gotta admit he is pretty sloppy at times..the other dude IMO played better and wwas more solid and confident

everybody played wwell..but they gotta learn to finish strong

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    His calm out the back, and tackling would be VERY refreshing out the back. I am not confident in any bolivian doing this for us right now besides Raldes.

Yes, he messed up maybe 2-3 times... but other then that his form was SHARP, and his ackling firm, but well timed.

4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Second Stage

IDA

• 9/7 - San Jose @ Winner of Trujillanos (Venezuela)/Atlético Huila
    • 9/9 - Cerro Porteño (Paraguay) @ Universitario
    • 9/14 - Deportes Tolima (Colombia) @ Oriente Petrolero
    VUELTA

• 9/21 - Cerro Porteño (Paraguay) vs. Universitario
    • 9/21 - Deportes Tolima (Colombia) vs. Oriente Petrolero
    • 9/22 - San Jose vs. Winner of Trujillanos (Venezuela)/Atlético Huila
      (Colombia)

5. The_Expert

The_Expert New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    The only "bad" part I saw in this was how Oriente let that two-goal lead in the first leg go. Perhaps la U were going to pull one back but la U tied because Oriente let them.

Against better opposition, we would see goleadas ala Cruzeiro v Real Potosi.

Bolivian teams need to learn to close out the shop effectively, and not let any cat, squirrel or dog in.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's been a long time since I was proud of watching a bolivian team play. Quinteros had them well organized in the first half and part of second. I think the presure got to them and almost messsed it up.
    You can tell Saucedo's class with the club, his experience with Chernomorets showed, seems his endurance wasnt there or was injured and subbed.
    Jhasmany always had the talent, still needs to bulk up a bit but the guy has talent and (watched the game of Fox Sports Espanol) the commentators didnt stop talking about him and of course was named man of the match. I know the guy was injury prone and is still not 100% but he needs to be with the nats.
    Quinteros has myu vote for nat coach.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Completely agree. The way they controlled the ball under pressure, passed it so fluidly, reminded me of our NT in the last qualifiers when we were schooling teams in la paz.

Jhasmani is a good player, he just needs a bigger club to go to/ league. Saucedo for sure will leave bolivia probably in the next transfer window. El Gato played well too in the net! The old man still has it. He got kinda pudgy though lol.

Anyways, I hope we get quinteros. He I think is the best option even over any extranjeros (well.... except for bigoton), and yes, the FBF needs to jump on him already.

8. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea its amazing how well they marked covered switched the field passed the ball and werent scared...thats the work of a good coach that deserves the NT coaching position

9. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fuego you beat me to it on El Gato, man did he put on weight. The guy has bad knees and ankles, surely he doesnt need the extra weight. Whose their back up. As old as he is, he still has something, but he got lucky yesterday, he would get punished in colombia unless he tightens up that belly.

10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he is the backup..hugo suarez is hurt and idk the 3rd goalie

11. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody watching the San Jose game? they almost scored!! i dont want to get too excited though, i will be switching between this and the Mexico/Colombia game :p

12. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I am....it is 1-1...San Jose started winning....both goals on penalty. Huila scored a goal on offside which was rightly so called offside and not counted. Good result for San Jose so far.

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Full time 1-1

San Jose should have been more aggressive.

14. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree.....a good result nontheless considering 0-0 helps San Jose and Huila can't go shut themselves in on their goal

15. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    San Jose played alright. I don't understand why Ferofino didn't start Puma he has been killing it in the league. He scored an awsome goal against el Tigre in the 3-2 win. Puma is what they needed in the middle I didn't like the way they started with 3 center backs. I think they played to tie & not to win. But the result is nice.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So this was away from home right? I had a game myself, so I missed the game. :( Anyone care to go into detail what happened?

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Second Stage

IDA

• 9/7 - San Jose @ Atlético Huila (Colombia) 1-1
    • 9/9 - Cerro Porteño (Paraguay) @ Universitario
    • 9/14 - Deportes Tolima (Colombia) @ Oriente Petrolero
    VUELTA

• 9/21 - Cerro Porteño (Paraguay) vs. Universitario
    • 9/21 - Deportes Tolima (Colombia) vs. Oriente Petrolero
    • 9/22 - San Jose vs. Atlético Huila (Colombia)

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    We tied AWAY! OH SMACK!! Haha and we scored first!

Very happy baby :D

19. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    the first half was ok, overall a sloppy game (field conditions were terrible I thought, looked like Tahuichis field after the rainy season). As mentioned, San Jose scorred first and seemed like it was heavy defending after that. The second half was bad too, couldnt keep posetion if their lives depended on it. I have to agree, when Puma came in, the team startedplaying much better, attacking more.

20. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I really want to see Sebastian Molina playing in Oruro, I don't understand why he didn't start.

21. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Funny what a Colombian guy was saying

"My statement was referring to DeporTachira or whatever team being better than Santafue.... Honestly speaking, I think that if FPC is better than Venezuela's league is not by much... If Huila advances will face San Jose from Bolivia, another accesible rival. After that they will face an Argentinian team in round of 16. Tolima will face the winner between Chile 3 and Oriente Petrolero (most likely Chile 3) and if they win the series they will face an Argie team too in the next round...

Nahh tampoco asi, es la liga Peruana que estamos llegando a ese nivel
    La liga Peruana repunto, la liga Uruguaya renacio, Chile sigue competitiva, Paraguay y Ecuador ahi van... FPC va en lento pero seguro retroceso.. Menos mal que en Bolivia estan peor...."

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Say what yo will after our decent performances.... it doesnt make our league any better which is crap, slow, with a ton of out of shape players.

23. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yes I agree completely. Even if one of these teams were to win the tournament it wouldn't change the fact that we have the slowest and weakest league.

If anything, these results will probably serve for the dirigentes to keep the status quo. Tapando el sol con un dedo.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was impressed with San Jose.... but Huila looked like crap too. I just finished watching the game some hrs ago.

With that said, I hope our league gets attention from their preformances(bolivian teams), and we can sell some of our NT players to better leagues to improve us at least at teh NT level. We have good players.... its just the shit ones around them that don't let them get spotted. Example is Chuma' at strongest for example. That kid is QUALITY. He is everything pachi is, but better, younger, faster, and stronger and harder to get off the ball. Despite this Pachi went to ecuador and tore it up for 1 season with his team. Not bad for a mediocre player (although I love him when he was with bolivar, played with heart and did well in bolivia).

I just hope this outcome somehow improves our football, because watching it internally is a snooze fest, where its a walking pace.

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Don't hold your breath.

San Jose could have gone for the kill, that Colombian team was ripe for the taking. It's this away mentality of playing for a tie that kills me about this sport, and is so prevalent within our national team and our league teams. Grow a pair.