International Games for Bolivian League Teams

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Aug 24, 2010.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    What time is late? What time is the game?

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how did they play..their defense looked really sloppy and could of easily prevented 2 of the 3 goals if not for dumba*s errors

i liked the way oriente played..they countered well..defended well and werent afraid to possess and move the ball around..luis gutierrez did well to my surprise and your guys criticisms:rolleyes:..

thats how our NT should defend but they did that ONCE..in brazil then 'something' happened:rolleyes:

QUINTEROS for CONSIDERATION!:p

highlights
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtOnLlWxI8"]YouTube- Colo-Colo 3 vs 1 Universitario de Sucre (Sudamericana 2010)[/ame]

3. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree...I hated U's defending....and yeah....I would love Quinteros for DT....

So U's pass to the next round is the FIRST TIME a Bolivian team passes to the 2nd round of an international tournment in 6 years..............could this be a sign that we have already hit bottom and are on the rebound? (Oriente might also do it)

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we were already on the bottom but the questions is are we already starting to rebound or is this just a lucky streak/fluke that wont happen again till those young guys really start developing

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Saw the highlights, but didn't see the game.

Everyones talking about how good our defense was, but to be honest, it didn't seem that good. Where were our defensive mids ? Too many dudes open in the mid and that was overly exposed. They had little to know pressure and colocolo created opportunities to score and they did. This is horrible defense peeps. Athletically, we're still behind. I never questioned out futbol, but I do question our style.

Anyhow, we're never going far unless we know how to defend APPROPRIATELY! Even if we have all the players from Brazil and Argie, we're not winning anything with this style of defense. Again, I've only watched a few clips from youtube, so if defending was better, then we need to clearly work on energy.

Decent result, but we could do sooooooo much better.

6. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    congrats on ur win against colo colo, it was more than 10 years since a bolivian club eliminated a chilean one and now u can do it 2 times, although i hope not :D

Anyways, expecting to see a good game my team, which play better away from home (was undefeated playing abroad in libertadores this year, made it to semis) so i expect to at least score.

good luck and good game.

7. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree. I only watched the 2nd half, but in the 2nd half the defense did not impress me either. How do you let 2 goals in when playing aggressive defense? By not doing it well.

8. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dale Oriente c****jo!!!

9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully they dont do the bolivian thing where they ummm CHOKE:p

VAMOS..represent BOLIVIA well..i only RLLY RLLY care b/c this might decide quinteros' fate

10. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!yyeeeessss!!!!!!!! Gggooooolll!!!!!!!!!!!gggggoolllgooolll gggooollll!!!!!!f***!!!!!ggoooolll!!! Oriente 1-0 U de Chile

11. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it could've been 2-0 at the half argh!

but great half by oriente..they need to score at least one more its too risky considering the circumstances

QUINTEROS:cool:

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oriente are REALLY playing well. Moving the ball around, saucedo and Jhasmani are really playing well.

That volea from Saucedo was sooooo techincally perfect and beautiful! That would have been a hell of a goal! He is REALLY good at getting shots off in the most spectacular fashion.

Vaca is doing well, but he does that when teams gve him space and pressure.

But what is up with this guy and his kicking strength??? Anyone see that corner of his? hahahaha He barely ogt it off the ground! Or how about that shot where he had time at the top of the box to hit that shit as hard as he could??? It was one of the weakest shots i've ever seen!!!

Either way though, Oriente is doing well, they have to keep it up!! Hoyos too as always, is doing well when going up too on the sides.

And that Peinado screwed one goal up already.... he is lucky he has that one goal to back him up. That Uruguayo is overrated IMO.

13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Señores y Señores, 3 Bolivian soccer clubs will represent the Republic of Bolivia in the Second Round of the 2010 Copa Sudamericana.

Without even over exaggerating (I don't think you even can), this is a great moment for Bolivian futbol; it has been a long time since we as a nation can feel proud about our soccer clubs. Lets just hope it gets better!

Congratulations Oriente and Uni and good luck to you guys as well as San Jose in the next round!

Vamos Bolivia!

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they played very well but got sloppy towards the end..they gotta be careful about that type of thing..that wont dwell with a argentinian team or brazilian

oriente v deportiva tolima

U v cerro porteno

san jose v winner of Trujilanos/Atletico Huila

La U has it the hardest IMO

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oriente played a GOOD game! Proud of them! Made all of bolivia look good tonight!

The second half towards the end got kind of scary, and started to look like another bolivian elimination.

But they held on, Vaca broke down with high pressure again from a team that was hungry..... but we won.

I still stand with my position on some of the players. Alcides Pena really messed up tons of chances up front. Saucedo is something special, as is Jhasmani. Both deserve to leave bolivia.

16. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hopefully in the next round, they'll be notice and get picked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Chile starts calling Oriente. :D

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dunno.... Huila is always pretty good, as are colombian clubs. Cerro is good though. They have some ogod talent, especially in that kid Ceballos, I believe who played for Oriente before, and scored tons of goals for them, then went on to mexico.

Lets hope. Our league/ players have a bad rep based on our NT and league.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also lemme add, Schiapa' is still friggin CLASS!!!!

Imagine him and Raldes paired in the middle.... We'd be solid, and have great passers out the bakc in the middle!

19. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Can't believe I forgot about the game :S

ANyways....CONGRATS ORIENTE!!!!

From the Chile boards back in the day:
    "
    -Colo Colo vs. Universitario de Sucre (BOL)

-Chile 3 vs. Oriente Petrolero (BOL)

No veo porque no los 3 podrían vencer a sus respectivos rivales aunque al que menos fé le tendría sería San Felipe.
    Entonces...

"
    "

Chile 2 y Chile 3 tienen muy buenas opciones de avanzar a la segunda etapa.
    "

Important to note that they were merely stating an opinion which I'm sure many in here shared (they weren't being @sses about it as sometimes other people tend to be, so lets not get "in your face"ish about it). Nontheless, the point I'm trying to make is that our soccer has a very poor image as la Cenicienta abroad, and by demonstrating otherwise Oriente and Universitario have actually done tons to show "We're still here." Specially considering U de Chile's recent success in international soccer. Hopefully this results are sustained and not merely a fluke.

20. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hopefully the representation of 3 clubs in the second round will show the scouts that the page is turning.

21. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    El Mercurio Online: "SANTIAGO.- Universidad de Chile no perdía de visita en torneos internacionales hace nueve partidos "

22. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes!!!!! we played good, 1st half was great, 2nd half first 25 minutes were still good, last 20 was nerve racking!!! we defended good though, Arguello our #4 is a beast!!! Schiapparelli defended very well, Saucedo and Jhasmany perfect!! Camaaño did good, f*** it the entire team played well.....Vaca and Alcides messed up a couple passes but they hustled out there, i got pissed when that defender shoulder bumped Vaca and he turned around and got in his face like if Vaca was the one that did it and the other defender came and pushed Vaca ,oohh heeellll naaa :mad: well its futbol at the end of the day, 1-0 seems satisfactory but we missed like 2 goals U de Chile missed like 2 also could of ended 2-1 maybe 3-2.

Very proud of Oriente and Universitario, historically Cerro Porteño is a hard team but idk how they're doing in the Paraguayan league and Deportes Tolima seems easier but its not going to be a walk in the park.

23. The_Expert

The_Expert New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    When was the last time two Bolivian teams advanced from the round they entered? (Before now, of course)

Congrats to the two Bolivian teams. One more hurdle for all three to beat so they can reach the "real" tournament.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree!!! That was really wack how they bullied vaca. He looked like a little kid getting punked out there. : (

It happened in 1991, 1994, 1997 as far as the group stages of the libertadores. Although these times were where we battled two clubs of a nation and if 2 bolivian clubs went to the next round out of the group stage, 2 clubs from the respected country they played DIDNT.

In the Sudamericana, a bolivian club (bolivar :p ) made it to the final four in the inagural tournamnet in 2002. We had to battle each other to make it to the next round so by default our boys didnt make it to the next round.

In 2003, The Strongest made it to the Final 8 before getting stopped by Sao Paulo. They had to battle teams from Venezuela and San Lorenzo, beating them to get there.

In 2004, Bolivar made it to the finals Only losing to Boca. They made it out of their 'group' by beating chilean clubs, to make it to the final 8.

In 2005 Strongest made it to the final 16 but lost vs. Pumas in the final 16. They got there by having to play a bolivian club (bolivar) and 2 Ecuadorian clubs (LDU and Nacional) to win their group' and go to the final 16.

in 2006, No bolivian club made it out of their group of ecuador vs. bolivian teams, best of 4.

in 2007, same as 2006, no club made it out of their 'group' this time vs. Chile.

In 2008 this was when the first stage of prelims started, and only 2 bolivian clubs were participating. Neither made it through (Bolivar & Blooming).

In 2009, a new format was in where there were 15 home and away matches to get to the final 16, and in this format, 2 bolivian clubs participated, La Paz FC and Blooming. Both lost their Home and Away matches and didnt make it to the Final 16.

Then we got this year.... we have 3 teams in the 15 match home and away series, which had a preliminary like 2008, so seeing how this is the only second time compared to 2008 we have for the first time 3 compared to 2 we had last time (by default). :p

25. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good show old man! :D But seriously, I know who to pass my "Players in Foreign Soil list" to when I retire. haha