International Friendly: Mexico v United States | Phoenix, AZ April 2nd

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by NCCFBALL, Feb 13, 2014.

1. elmaestro2

elmaestro2 Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Chicago(west burbs)
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry but of those mentioned the only ones who will contribute and start are Howard, Cameron and Altidore. Jones just took his talents to Turkey so I'm not sure what you are expecting out of that. Now you are really stretching to make your team a C team.

Miguel Myers repped this.
  2. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol who keeps scheduling games in that wasteland known as Arizona?

Lame for the following reason:

1. Touches Socal
    2. contains pern...thats right.....contains...like some type of zoo.
    3. They hate paisas ( but who doesn't mirite? @El_Huero <_< )

We might as well have have the players kicking the ball around in a back yard dirt field or an impoverished African village. That's how busted Arizona is.

El Mariachi, LGRod, Trillz and 2 others repped this.
  3. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I scheduled it wey

*__*

LGRod repped this.
  4. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I shoulda known you were behind this....

LGRod repped this.
  5. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhhh Fabian Johnson and potential starters like Bedoya and Johannson. That's possibly more than half our starting eleven plus plenty of the 12 through 23 guys. That's quite a decent chunk. I never said this was a complete C squad. but we're going to miss quite a few players, which will open the door for quite a few fringe ones. That's basically what Jurgen was saying in that Tweet

6. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Next time theirs an LA game......

I'll see u and @El_Huero deaer

@_@

LGRod repped this.
  7. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It sounds like you just making excuses in case we beat you, don't know why you had to come over here and try to prove a point lol

LGRod and Miguel Myers repped this.
  8. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not an excuse, it's just squad we're going to see

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  9. elmaestro2

elmaestro2 Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Chicago(west burbs)
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Laying the groundwork for the excuses if you lose, and laying the groundwork for the "we beat you with our c team" in case you win. I see what you're doing here.

10. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you overestimate how much I care about a non FIFA date friendly. Obviously anytime US plays Mexico I want to win, but the match is what is.

Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  11. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    players who deserve to be called for this match: Narco Fabian, Nestor Araujo, Yahir Pereira (IMO) and why not, Jose Abella.

I would like to see Chaton.

------------------------------------------Munoz/Corona/--------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------El Rafa----------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------Araujo----------------------------------------Pereira----------------------------
    Layun--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ponce
    ---------------------------------Chaton/Zavala/Medina--------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------Gullit------------------------------------
    -----------------------Brizuela/Marquito/Montes--------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------Jimenez/Pulido--------------------------------------------

Please leave Carlos Fierro alone.

El Mariachi, Overachiever and LGRod repped this.
  12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I wouldn't say so. The squad that Mexico will be facing probably has 4-6 starters at the World Cup. If thats your definition of an "A" squad, then I guess its an "A" squad.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats not true. Jones is going to be starting in Brazil, regardless of whether you think he sucks or not. Fabian Johnson is a starter for the National Team. The question is whether thats at LB or LM. Bedoya might start in Brazil. I'd say that he and Zusi are virtually tied for the starting RM spot. The way that Johannsson is playing, Klinsmann is going to find a place for him in the starting lineup by Brazil.

You left out two guys who are definite starters, and two others who might be starters at the World Cup. Then there is RB, which is a position that no one has a clue about. A number of european based players are potential options for that spot. A lot of our bench is also made up of european based players.

There is a thread on the US Men's forum that covers the differences between the North American based squad and the European based squad. The consensus in that thread from most of the fans was that the squads are even, so Mexico will be facing about half of the USA's best squad. https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/who-wins-usmnt-north-america-or-usmnt-europe.1999897/

I'll leave that up to others to debate which letter that falls under, but its not our whole squad like you said.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    There are no excuses being made. Mexico is missing a number of players as well. You are being corrected because you said something that is incorrect. If someone in the US Forum said that Mexico will be playing with their "A" team, I'm sure one of you would come to our board and correct that poster. That is all that is going on here.

15. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    LOL at the lengths that the US fans go to classify their squad. So has there ever been a USA "A" team?

16. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No.

El Mariachi and Golashole repped this.
  17. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Blasphemy !! Of course not. Thou shall never have a "A" squad...Theres an "A" in clAss though.

El Mariachi and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  18. elmaestro2

elmaestro2 Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Chicago(west burbs)
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well there was that A- team when they were missing their number 3 keeper.

19. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hope to see this live...several times

[​IMG]

20. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    Mexico will play against Nigeria with 6 to 8 European players from the start that wont be against the US. So Mexico will only repeat about 4 starters against the US.

We shall see how many European players start for the US in the FIFA date, Im guessing no more than Mexico.

21. Saul Acosta

Saul Acosta Member

May 11, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Piojo will do that when Gio scores a goal like he did in the Gold Cup final...
    Just that this time it'll be against Germany.....

In the World Cup final
    InPiojoWeTrust

austin23 and Overachiever repped this.
  22. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Pachanga in Phoenix....Who is in.

Overachiever repped this.
  23. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    No one? pfft!! Fack phoenix then. :ROFLMAO:

El Mariachi, icybauer and Saul Acosta repped this.
  24. Gucci

Gucci BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fersure .. cant wait ..can you imaging this in bazil damn son!!!!

25. Emz7

Emz7 Member

May 27, 2013
    Middle of Nowhere
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just moved back to Scottsdale recently so I'm really hoping to see this. I wish it was Portugal that Mexico would be facing here instead though. I just can't stand the USA fans tbh.

LGRod, Miguel Myers and Overachiever repped this.