[International Friendly] Korea vs USA 2014/02/01 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree Jung was okay in London and honestly he was too inexperience to even start for South Africa WC. I mean him starting came out of nowhere, everyone expected Lee Woon Jae to be starting. I thought JSR was unfairly pushed as a starter in that WC.

Honestly, I don't know if KSG is really any better than Jung. I would like us to try out LBY but like I've said before, I really doubt he's going to solve anything. KSG is unpolished in the air but he doesn't have the butterfingers that JSR occasionally showcases. I honestly think Choi ES would still be better than any of these guys :p

I didn't read this entire thread or I planned to. In terms of MLS Vs K-League, I honestly think on the whole they're about the same and should be considered peers. Even the national teams between US and SKorea are peers imho.

No one likes to see us lose a match, even the friendlies, but honestly how many starters were there on our lineup? Lee Yong and maybe JSR (if Hong goes with him as #1 keeper)? I don't think KSW and LKH are going to be starting for us. As I have said time after time, LKH is useless against the better international clubs and that fact isn't going to change when WC comes. KSW might come off the bench later in the game or maybe even start at most a match in the WC group stages but I don't think he's going to get the starting nod.

2. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Like it or not, I would pencil in JSR, LY and KJS as our starters in Brazil. The rest won't be going to Brazil, few will go and sit on the bench, maybe one or two will see time as a sub.

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I guess we'll know in March whether it's KSG or JSR... As @Chaminator noted earlier, they're more or less the same other than KSG having better reflexes/reactions. So we might as well make the switch now than at the last minute like we did four years ago for WC10.

4. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    saw the highlights (ty hodori) and tbh I saw some promising signs from the 2nd half 33' on. A lot less hoofing of the ball/desperatioin, more composure than during CKH era.

I'm assuming these B side friendles are just to fill the couple of spots left on the 23 man roster. Based upon k-league and these friendly assessments (for what they're worth...) who do you think should be on the plane to Brazil and why? I've been trying to lurk properly and read everything but a lot of information is just spread out everywhere so it's hard to follow

5. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Posting here because he gave this interview yesterday at the friendly. Talks about whether Bradley and Dempsey going back to MLS weakens USMNT (short answer: yes).

6. bozambreaker

bozambreaker Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its official, MLS > K League. That's why no one watches that damn league. I knew Korea was gonna lose, kind of happy they did honestly. K league fanboys sit down now. If HMB couldn't get them to win there is no way K league will be able to. Aside from that there were no positives to this game or Mexico's game at that.

8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Um ya Camilo.

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Normally I'd rep your video. :thumbsup:

But it just made me waste another thought on Yeommy. :thumbsdown:
    Forget trying to figure out wtf YKH was trying to do there on that direct free kick.
    WTF was HMB thinking bringing and using YKH to camp!?

skimmilk repped this.
  10. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :rolleyes: talk about being a downer

Seol Korea, Corea10 and ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol i was thinking of a reply but decided to not acknowledge that drivel.

Corea10 repped this.
  12. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I get that you're frustrated but you shouldn't come to quick conclusions from that. You should read the rest of this thread for starters. The squad HMB took are not the K-League's best. They're just his favourite players from his youth teams and that's why they sucked.

13. mike5th

mike5th Member

Mar 21, 2004
    As some unbiased posters have stated, you can say the same thing about US team. For example Michael Bradley didn't play, Clint Dempsey didn't play.....etc.....

14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are you serious? Dempsey and Bradley? Players that have been on the national team for a while now and have European experience as well?

15. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    allow me

16. JiYun12

JiYun12 Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    long time guys, prob. don't really know me but, i'm always lurking the forums
    and i'm always impressed with the knowledge that you guys have of the game.
    The only thing that annoys me about all this is, the utter embarrassment of yesterday. Now USA thinks they got nothing out of this game because they beat us. Korea is being laughed at and i've been in so many arguments in the past day with responses from Americans are always laughable. You can state fact after fact and these band wagonners just do not go away nor give up and only insult you without basing it on anything.
    Sigh....I HATE living in NY during the world cup.
    ESPN overhypes the USMNT like they are gods. This game has proven some people to think that Germany and Portugal are not that much of a bother.
    I'm sorry Americans but there isn't one freaking player on your squad that can stop CR7 and even if you stick your entire backline on him, which you can't cause that only frees up other players who are still really good.
    Rant over....

17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    B-squad scrimmage. goes without saying that anyone gloating and/or freaking out is the one who should be embarrassed...

Angel Bear and skimmilk repped this.
  18. mike5th

mike5th Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I think the point of it all is both MLS and K-League are in a shit level of soccer. It's like comparing whose shit smells "better".

If I may speak for Hyunsticky for a moment, I think he was referring to those posters (fanboys) who were adamant in their belief that K-League is superior MLS.

shinović89 repped this.
  19. JiYun12

JiYun12 Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Americans gloat at anything that brings them a moment of glory hunting, it's so sickening and childish. Go read the espn comments for the wondolowski goal. Delusional band wagonners with zero knowledge of the game. out of the 300 comments, only 3 people know what they are talking about.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well it was our C Squad and they'll go 3 and out in the world cup.

21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you read 300 espn comments? might as well drink paint thinner from the bottle...

22. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i wont get into all the reasons why the K-League and Korean football in general > US soccer. the fanboys and trolls it would attract arent worth it.

23. JiYun12

JiYun12 Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    more like i was involved in all of them. i contributed more than half of that. the rest are responses, some are worth it, the others are me arguing. just goes to show US is still NOT a pro footie country. I called alot of them nothing more than Miami heat fans.

24. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still wouldn't say one league is better than the other. But Kim Shin-wook and Lee Guen-ho is probably the finest strike force the league has to offer and it is simly alarming inadequate. Hypothetically, should Lee Guen-ho be at Ulsan (with Kim Shin-wook) the will be near-favorites to win the league. Lee Guen-ho could've turned the game around if he hadn't decided to land Apollo 13 on the moon. But to be fair, an Ulsan duo of Lee Guen-ho and Kim Shin-wook could easily disarm say, the Seattle Sounders.

A lot of others are mocking your posts because you simply sound self-defeating. I mock others as there seems to be an impressionable empathy towards the K-League. And that's fair. Arms fold inward. Whatever it is, a loss to a Mexico and the US only confirms what we already know about the K-League. But - this does not validate the MLS. Both leagues are still fantastically mediocre and the level of difference is hardly noticable.

25. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You should probably state them then. I doubt you will be able to come up with any statistical evidence to support this.