[International Friendly] Korea vs USA 2014/02/01 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethekorea0123

Jan 15, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The thought that came to my head during the game was "these guys don't know how to play soccer".

2. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail

3. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    On the bright side, our opponents in our WC group will be overconfident and then surprised when they face our foreign league based players.

4. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm glad that I decided to go and eat at Hodori instead of watching this game.
    In any case, what are the chances that we switch goalies before the World Cup? I was willing to give Jung a chance before, but now I'm not so sure he's even fit to start at his club.

5. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm pretty sure they can tell the difference between our A-team and B-team...I mean the difference is quite...huge.

6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Russia and Algeria won't go easy on us, they need our 3 points if they wanna move out of the group.

Seol Korea, skimmilk and Hodori repped this.
  7. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    u still need another cm

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I'd take this squad

GK (3) - Kim Seung-kyu, Jung Sung-ryong, Lee Bum-young
    LB (2) - Park Joo-ho, Kim Jin-soo
    CB (4)- Hong Jeong-ho, Kim Young-gwon, Kwak Tae-hwi, Hwang Seok-ho
    RB (1)- Lee Yong

CM (3) - Ki Sung-yueng, Han Kook-young, Ha Dae-sung

LW (2)- Son Heung-min, Kim Bo-kyung.
    CAM (2)- Koo Ja-cheol, Lee Seung-gi
    RW (2)- Lee Chung-yong, Ryu Seung-woo

FW - (4) Park Ju-young, Kim Shin-wook, Ji Dong-won, Lee Keun-ho

9. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    RSW is too young and inexperienced. and we still need another cm. we cant go to the wc with only 3 cm. I would still take PJW wit me

10. MagnaSejong

MagnaSejong Member

Dec 21, 2013
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I get where you're going with Ryu but Quack Tae He? What happened to Jang hyunsoo?

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    F*** experience. Aint doing guys s*** as today showed.

Not that I'm for RSW going but that logic is so broken. Might as well unmoth Ahn JH for one more go around.

12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    iirc, HMB's only used him sparingly as a CDM. where he was mediocre at best. if PJH keeps playing that hybrid CDM/LB role as effectively as he has of late, he could conveniently fill that 4th MF spot.

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    dude looks like PJH

nmssis repped this.
  14. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    mainz is what qpr was aspiring to be.

15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Our best set piece threat

soccerboy37 repped this.
  16. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    #366 shinović89, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Yeah, he might be a decent set piece threat but with the drawback of being a half blind, slow, clumsy error-prone defender. Kwak can go fck himself.

TaegukWarrior repped this.
  17. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    I didn't get to watch this game, but when LMJ was playing well about 6 months ago, he looked very good. Hopefully he'll return to form and wouldn't give up on him.

LKH -- he's never been good enough for the KNT. He should not be on any future KNT teams.

18. Amos Oh

Amos Oh Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I don't want to spoil the pity party we're having here, but let's put it in perspective.

Over one year ago, I was laughed at for suggesting that the present Korean National Team is the worst it's been for at least 2 decades. I'm sticking to this assessment. If anyone is naive enough to think the Europe-based internationals are going to save this train-wreck, they are in for a massive surprise.

There was also one poster here who suggested in March that De Guzman, who scored 8 goals and had 9 assists in all competitions last season, wouldn't be good enough to earn a single cap for Korea.

I'm curious to hear your opinions on both of those debates now.

mike5th repped this.
  19. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. HandsomeVoice

HandsomeVoice Member

Feb 7, 2010
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jung sungryong was always chit
    he and the fullbacks made some atrocious errors in south africa
    and he was chit in london
    nothings changed why do we keep using this guy

21. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    a lot of people have been asking the question if K-League is worse than MLS which simply isnt quantifiable. yes it was mostly domestic players but a lot of these guys were on the team because they know the coach vs with a true all star team you pick the best players and the best coach to coach them. therefore it really has no bearing on the level of k-league players. it just reestablishes what we were scratching our heads about way back in July when we saw undeserving players like KYH and KMW playing at EAFF. its up to HMB to realize that they are limited players that dont excel at passing, technique, speed, or shooting.

i think my biggest problem was HMB not wanting to test some new players. at least thats partially why we should be having these camps. obviously we had that U-22 thing but since it was an inaugural tournament with nothing on the line we should have taken our best players with us to USA. even back during 2010 HJM brought in some youngsters in the double dragon combo plus at this camp be brought KBK, KJC, and Lee Seung-Ryul. Moon Chang-Jin who for me is the most talented of these past 2 U-20 cycles shouldve been called up. because i could see him getting a spot on the bench for the future. i saw some people throwing Ryu Seung-Woo out there but i would take Moon over him simply because in Moon i see top level player potential. i also would have brought our right back from the U-20s Kim Yong-Hwan. the kids would have given us a much better performance no doubt seeing as they wouldnt be under so much pressure like LKH.

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you don't need to defend K-league. some of the snide comments (i'm guilty of it) from last night was due to frustration. but i'm completely on board with your idea of giving a chance or at least should have given a chance to Kim Yong-Hwan.

23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
  24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
  25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team: