International Duty Call (where Scirea gets excited despite no mesh shirt)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Feb 4, 2013.

1. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I'm the biggest Pepe booster of them all, but this is probably curtains for his career. On the other hand, maybe Isla is finally waking from his post-injury form coma.

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm going to miss him getting us game winners. He was one of the main reasons we went undefeated.

3. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Buffon, Bonucci, Chiellini, Marchisio, Pirlo
    Friday 11 October, 20.15 CET
    Parken Stadium, Copenhagen
    Denmark v Italy

Tuesday 15 October, 20.45 CET
    Stadio San Paolo, Naples
    Italy v Armenia

Asamoah
    Tuesday 15 October, 16.00 CET
    Baba Yara Stadium, Komasi
    Ghana v Egypt

Pogba
    Friday 11 October, 21.00 CET
    Parc des Prices, Paris
    France v Australia (friendly)

Tuesday 15 October, 21.00 CET
    Stade de France, Paris
    France v Finland

Isla, Vidal
    Friday 11 October,16.00 CET
    Metropolitano Roberto Melendez, Baranquilla
    Columbia v Chile

Tuesday 15 October, 20.30 CET
    Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos, Santiago
    Chile v Ecuador

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte is not happy about Pirlo getting called. Hopefully that fool Prandelli will only play him against Denmark and rest him against Armenia. At least Barzagli was not called. Vidal is probably the biggest concern since he has a lot of traveling.

5. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    prandelli better not waste our players for these stupid games. experiment with some other players please

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let's see if Verratti is the real deal. Prandelli should experiment as if Pirlo is out injured. That is what killed Lippi at the last WC.

8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lichtsteiner pulls out of Swiss squad
    By Football Italia staff

Stephan Lichtsteiner has pulled out of the Switzerland squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Albania and Slovenia.

The Juventus defender has suffered a problem with his right thigh, and will travel[​IMG] back to Turin to start receiving treatment.

There has been no official word about how serious the injury is, but it is not believed to be too damaging.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I read that too. He missed out last Sunday for the same thigh problem. Hopefully he will get a chance to let it heal at Vinovo during the break.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Most of the defenders on the squad including Buffon have made mistakes this season. The only one that seems to be "punished" is Isla. I watched him play yesterday for Chile, he played well. I must say his positioning is slightly different, so this might be a tactical request by Conte that is causing him problems.

usnroach repped this.
  11. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Prandelli “I can say one thing about the team: Andrea Pirlo will not be in the starting XI, though he could play later in the match.”

12. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm happy he isnt playing but why isnt quags being called up? hmm...

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    give it up Phat, he's shit

14. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For us he has been but for Chile he's been good especially in that friendly against Spain. Saw the Colombia game also great game by the way and he did OK. Seems like he plays scared for Juventus always worrying about making a mistake.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte effect?

16. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe or it could be the weight of the jersey.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What position does he play for Chile? Do they play with 4 in the back? Playing the wing in a 3-5-2 does place defensive demands that both Isla & Asamoah have not fully comprehended.

18. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A Similar position but he doesn't have the defensive responsibilities that he has here. He's more offensive.

19. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually, that depends on the situation/opponent. But more importantly his position on the field is different for Chile. Usually for Chile he will stay at the half line, 1 of 3 defenders , and time or start an offensive run from there (When Chile have possession in the opponents half). With Juve he's always pushing way up and waiting for the ball. This has to be an instruction from Conte, the wrong one IMO. Also, why does he get punished and so many others don't.

20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree. That Chile - Colombia game was incredible. I have lots of friends in Colombia, must have been a crazy party, especially since they qualified with the tie. Colombia is ranked 5th in the world, right below Italy. They have a great team.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I hope the rumors that we're shipping out Isla in Jan are true. Good riddance to bad rubbish

Dante repped this.
  22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He should be sold if they're not going to play him. Isla and Asa were purchased for Conte...

23. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    If he leaves, Isla will be successful wherever he goes. That doesn't mean Juve shouldn't sell him if he just can't get over the hump, but it is sure to look like a bad decision in retrospect, because he's a great player. I don't know what the ******** is wrong with him when he plays for Juve. Just not to Inter, please, because it would be so annoying to see him do well for them. It's bad enough I have to watch Nagatomo, one of my favorite players in the world, busting his ass on the wing for that tainted jersey. Nagatomo and Isla would be a formidable pair of attacking wingbacks.

24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont get why inter even want him, isnt nagatomo doing fine in that position?

but please take him anyway lol

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Isla was as great as you people make him seem he would be doing well for us. He's average and thats why he's been mediocre at best. Actually, he's been utter trash, not even mediocre. Like i said, good riddance to bad rubbish, i'm done defending him