InterLiga[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Jan 4, 2004.

1. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    that was a pretty clear mistake by the referee to take back that 2nd chivas goal because clearly there was no offsides, besides that the refferees were pretty good.

I kept hearing one of the commentators on Fox ports en espanol keep trying to make this "fictual" as in "how could chivas loose", he kept talking about bad field conditions, bad referreeing, and said Chivas was trying out younger players. I couldn't stand it, it gets me so ticked off when the commentators are biased and don't let you enjoy the game to the fullest.

2. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I went to the games in Houston. Announced attendance was 31K, the second largest soccer ever in Houston and the largest crowd ever for an Interliga game.

First game was ok. Tigres-America game was awesome. For those who saw it on TV would you agree with my assesment? Bottom bowl was full and they opened up part of the second level behind a goal for the overflow.

mike

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ya 31,000 sounds right on TV you could see that entire bottom bowl was full.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Santos up 2-1 64th minute.

5. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who scored for Santos?

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Joahan Rodriguez got the first one. Hector Lopez got the second one.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Game over Santos moves on to face Atlas and Morelia will face America.

8. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Toluca chokes again! I actually wanted to see them play in the Copa but oh well.

my predictions

Atlas beats Santos (I want Santos to win but Atlas has been too good)

America beats Morelia, America beats Santos

9. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    my predictions

Atlas will beat Santos.

Morelia will beat America and Morelia will beat Santos.

10. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I attended both days in Houston - and it was great. Friday night announced 22k, and the lower bowl was full other than the corners. The crowd was definately pro-Chivas, as would be expected. The first game was pretty ugly, the second game, Toluca really looked class. On Sunday, crowd of 31k, and it was loud and fun...tons of America fans, but also tons of Tigres fans...I expected it to be much more pro-America, but I'd guess 50/50. The first game was absolute crap. I don't follow MFL closely, so someone please tell me if Atlante was playing their B-side? As stoppage time was closing, I asked a guy near me (who was wearing a Necaxa (sp??) jersey) if this was the reserve teams or starters...he said they were starters. If so, that was horrible - I was shocked at the lack of quality. The Atlante goalkeeper was the worst professional keeper I've ever laid eyes on. I really didn't think Atlas played that well, there was very little possession, but they took advantage of a terrible Atlante side. The second game was great - by far the best of the four in Houston. Lots of possession, good passing, good scoring opportunities, a blocked PK...it was great. I had a tremendous time both days, and learned a lot more about Mexican League soccer.

I'd like to get some comments - I had read a lot of negative comments on the officiating from the California games, but I thought all four of these matches were officiated very well...although it's alot different being at the game - you see it real time and don't get slo-mo replay from different angles. I felt that all the PK calls (there were a LOT) were justified (and the Atlante keeper should have been red-carded - twice he takes a player out without even going for the ball). The field looked pretty bad down close. There was a comment earlier that it looked good on TV, I'm glad for that, but the grass grids were obvious...it simply didn't have long enough to grow in. But it didn't seem to affect play at all, again, in my opinion.

I thought it was a great time, and hopefully will help us in Houston get an MLS side soon...maybe Club Tigres Houston???

11. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Atlante played with reserves and yeah their keeper was horrible.

12. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    That explains a lot...thanks for the info.

13. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Has anyone visited www.interliga.com ?

Somewhat slow with updates, but a decent site for being thrown together in a month or two.

What is interesting is the haphazard distinction of english and spanish content. English titles, with spanish synapsis. Click the link, english story. Hilarious. Sometimes just regular spanglish: "El mexican defensor"

:)

14. Willington_Ortiz_86

Willington_Ortiz_86 New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    hahaha! agreed on both point, pertty funny sometimes, slow updates all the time, but understandably so... overall i think they did a great job with this tournament, if you have in mind that two months ago it didnt really exist!

15. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    i agree with the predictions for the final, but i think santos will beat america for mexico 2

16. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    here's the question tho: so far interliga has had pretty good attendance, right? (better than i tought they would, thats for sure!) but now that chivas is out, do you think HDC will sell out for tomorrows game?

17. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Flew out to Dallas with my girlfriend for the games. The Cotton Bowl sucks ass and I've seen high school stadiums that are better.

Nonetheless, the field was OK, better than some of the others I've seen.

The crowd was pretty much for Chivas and Santos, and it was awesome to sit twelve rows from the field right at half pitch.

The announced attendance was a little over 20K, a good crowd for being in a bad part of the town.

The fans were alright, except for these two guys behind us who had to be gay. First, they said that Bofo was gay. Next, one of them told the other one to get a good picture of Bofo so he could masturbate to it. Then, they saw Paco Palencia had nail polish on, so they said that he and Bofo do "certain things together."

During the second game they said Pony was gay. Mexicanos with problems about their sexuality ruined it. Sometimes I wish I didn't speak Spanish.

Anyways, Oswaldo sucks, as always he let goals in that were his fault. Why is it that every game he always lets goals in that are because of his mistakes? Lavolpe seems to think that Oswaldo is better than El Conejo, but everytime I watch Chivas I can't help but shake my head in dismay at the kind of stuff that gets past Oswaldo.

If you people don't believe me, just go back and watch the Jaguares/Chivas match from last season. 1-0 Jaguares because of Oswaldo.

Good comeback by Santos after giving up the early goal. I'd like to have them go through, mainly because my girlfriend says that El Pony is one of the coolest guys in the league, and I can't disagree with her. Didn't see the other games on Sunday.

Here's how I'd like it to end:

Santos over Atlas
    America over Morelia
    America over Atlas

Wishful thinking, but having America and Santos is probably the best MFL can hope for right now.

18. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahaha that must of sucked

19. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    official attendance #s

stagg - 1.4 - 16000
    hdc - 1.4 - 27000
    spartan - 1.6 - 13000
    reliant - 1.9 - 23000
    reliant - 1.11 - 32000
    cotton b. - 1.11 - 21000

avg: 22000

if the fianl game in LA is a sellout, the avg will go up to 23000

these are great numbers!

im waititng to see how they did on TV...

20. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    Re: official attendance #s

as it stands, altas and santos will play first, and then america and morelia.
    OK.ISN'T ATLAS AND SANTOS THE"GRAN FINAL"
    well i guess cause of america and morelia will bring more crowd.kinda more for the GREED instead of the game.

21. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    I don't know if I could have endured having 2 children of satan sitting behind me. Do they let you move to other seats if lets say there are a lot of empty seats nearby? for example there was a section in the cotton bowl of about a thousand seats and only a few dozen fans so would that be wrong to move there? would the security guys say anything?

22. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Re: Re: official attendance #s

it could be that the third place game is the only one with anything still at stake. The top two are already through, right? But that third place game determines the play-in team, right?

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope the loser of Atlas vs Santos will play the winner of the America vs Morelia match for the right to represent Mexico in the Libertadores.

24. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Ah, I see. They didn't explain that very well on the site. Or maybe I didn't read it very well.

Isn't there still a way to get a third team in? Does that one go through Venezuela?

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No 3rd team just 2 for Mexico this year.