InterLiga[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Jan 4, 2004.

1. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    "Aquí no se puede jugar al futbol, es un potrero, es más, creo que un potrero está en mejores condiciones, en lo personal no traería ni a mi perro a correr aquí porque se lesionaría".

lol!

wow what a crazy game. Who would have thought that you could have such an exciting game on the worst pitch ever?

I don't think I can watch the next game after that. My mind is all tired after having watched america vs atlas.

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is it just me or does it look like the right side of the field around the fifty yard line caught on fire.

3. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Atlante out - Tigres hopes

Atlante 2 - 3 Tigres

TIGRES!!!! TI-GE-RES!!!

That out of the way... Ref was surprisingly good, even tho he did not have a FIFA certificate. Maybe they should give one..

The field was... well... an insult. There are some amateur fields in the river (its about as wide as the Ohio River but has been dry for a long long time) where I live, public soccer fields, they are in much much better condition than this crap, and I'm talking about the clay fields, not even the grass ones you have to book before playing...

My other complaint (ranting on) is whose idea was it to allow 6 player changes?!

Shame... it coulda been a nice tourney...

4. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Atlas got robbed. Cuahtemoc... que descarado... Primadonna. He acted up a normal foul and convinced the ref enough to give a 2nd yellow. The penalty was also ticky tac.

The field was an absolute mess. We left early in the 2nd game, as it was getting worse by the minute (plus we had to go). I feel bad for the teams, b/c it had been such miserable weather for 2 weeks and then UCLA played Fresno St. in a bowl game. THAT's what killed the field. I seriously doubt it will recover by the Earthquakes season opener.

So what is the tie-breaker? Point differential or goals scored or goals allowed? America (lamento decirselo pa' todos los americanistas) doesn't deserve to be tied to Atlas in this tourney.

5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That field looked like a pigpen for the love god! I know its been said but it had to be said again. That pk looked legit and I got to give props to America they fought hard and earned one way or another the tie.

6. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
    Local radios reported media, FMF and other criticized of InterLiga over worse grass fields in Stockton and SJ, CA. Any1 heard of those reports?

7. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Re: Re: América vs Atlas

I was at that match too, and although it looked bad, every player comment that I read afterwards from both sides said that it didn't play nearly as bad as it looked. I don't know if that is good or bad...if the comments were more critical, maybe the Texans would have been convinced to truly upgrade the field.

At two other matches that I saw at Reliant after US-Mex last summer the pitch didn't look nearly as bad, and I read no complaints at all after those, so we'll hope its fixed.

At an absolute minimum, these teams should be thrilled to be playing in a state of the art stadium, where it will be dry and climate controlled - especially after those first few matches in California.

8. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    toluca

Just read that Toluca has lost Carlos Cordoza to injury for the InterLiga and potentially the rest of the season.

They were on top of the seeding for the InterLiga tournament...how much does this hurt their chances of moving through?

9. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Any word on ticket sales in Houston for the double-header tonight? I'll be watching the second match on FSW and am wondering what kind of crowd to expect in such a huge stadium. Lower bowl only I'm assuming?

10. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    They are selling lower bowl only. A quote from the Houston Chronicle this morning ( http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/soc/2343726 ) by a columnist (his guess) says it may be 30,000.

On the Hope for Houston MLS expansion thread, we were estimating between 20,000 and 25,000 based on events last summer.

I hope they sell every ticket they have and the place rocks. I would anticipate a bigger crowd Sunday with Tigres and America, but Chivas is playing tonight, so I expect a big turnout.

11. Willington_Ortiz_86

Willington_Ortiz_86 New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    yeah, they made an "official" complaint. to whom i dunno. they are right, tho. what was SUM thinking putting a tournament of this caliber in a shiity stadium like stagg?? or a narrow-ass place like spartan?? im sure the teams took it as a sign of dissrespect, you know? add to that the refs and you have one shiity tournament, right? not really! thankfully HDC looked NICE and im sure the teams were happy about that! also, im watching the morelia santos game right now and reliant's field looks great... WOW! santos just scored...

12. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chivas looked so mediocre tonight. Wow

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    so who won? and more importantly, what's a good website to find the resultados que esten al minuto?

14. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    www.mediotiempo.com

chivas suck. :D

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Toluca 2-1 Chivas

Morelia 3-2 Santos

16. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Toluca's first goal was nice. Chivas did look bad.

BTW how many teams qualify from each group?
    ince I'm from Honduras I'm glad to see Pavon regain his form from the past and glad to see him back in Mexico and in Morelia, where he belongs.

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Re: toluca

He's their leading goalscorer and will be missed, but they can manage atleast until the final stage.

19. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I went to Friday night's games in Houston. The lower bowl was 90+ percent full. (paper reported 22k attendance). The place was ROCKING. Some fans pulled out an ENOURMOUS Mexican flag and it was passed around the stadium a couple of times by the fans. I am hoping for an even larger attendance for tomorrow. Although Chivas is not playing, I hope that predicted nice weather and a Sunday afternoon time slot will more that make up the diffence.

A Mexican fan behind me had brought 4 gringo friends and they had a great time.

20. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    the final doubleheader in LA is the two second place teams for 3rd and 4th place. and the first two teams in the final...

21. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    InterLiga >> Atlas vs Atlante [R]

Too bad Atlante is as good as out, but it might still be a good game... predictions? im going with a 3-1 Atlas.

22. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    wow... 38th minute, 3 penalty kicks... atlas 3-1 atlante

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    3-1 for Atlas and it still isn't even halftime.

24. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    this tournament is penalty-mania!
    im glad pacheco is doing good :)

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club: