Interesting poll at mlssoccer.com

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Apr 5, 2014.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Does this include Mexico?

3. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It does indeed.

4. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think its close, and I may be biased by seeing him play for our team, but yes, in the first 4 games of the season I certainly am a Bradliever. I am also a Roma fan so some limited use there....in fact, its my belief Roma could have been better off sending De Rossi out of town, collecting much more in return and having Bradley run the midfield. MB is a beast in MLS. Maybe this league suits him best. Allows him to showcase his best. He is a tireless worker that seems to be in the right spots all the time and not afraid to get his hands dirty (evidence of the headbutt) and the type of player that will certainly endear himself very well to the Toronto sporting public who like their lunch bucket heroes sort of as an absence of any true superstars in this city. Its not that he may score goals the way Chicorito can, its his ability to be the MVP of his team...make his team that much better with his presence that makes a player the best. Yes someone can contribute as a pure goal scorer (like Defoe) but look at the overall player and say what if he wasnt on this team...what would they look like without him. So yes, my vote is for Michael Bradley as the best player from NA at this point.

5. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I know I might take a great deal of heat for this, but it's quite possible that Bradley is North America's version of Franz Beckenbauer. I know it spans a great number of years apart between the two, but the similarities are there.

Everyone revels in how great a quarterback Beckenbauer was in the midfield when he played, and not just in the NASL. He was making the smart play when it was needed. From what I've seen of him (and I may be wrong here), Bradley operates in almost the same way.