Insult to DC United Fans

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Apr 3, 2014.

1. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I e-mailed DCU this afternoon asking for CCL tickets in exchange. No answer so far.

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was but my seats are over in 118.

3. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh and I have yet to hear back from my email. noting from my rep, not even sure who that is at this point. Nothing from anyone in ticketing. They might want to send me something before tonight when I am in the same building.

4. totspursdcunited

totspursdcunited New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    RFK Section 331,
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard back from my rep yesterday and it's been made clear my options are either DC United Gold Cup, or a DC United regular season game.

Since neither of those options interest me, I'll either suck it up and attend on the 7th or I'll sell the tickets to a friend/stubhub.

5. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You mean CONCACAF??

6. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Gold Cup?

asitis

shawn12011 repped this.
  7. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is starting to make me wonder if season ticket holders might be getting CONCACAF games for free.

8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based upon the 9000 at the Chicago match last Saturday they may need to give them away since those games will be on weeknight.

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  9. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    So, projecting on this August, right around the time of our rescheduled LA game, right?

10. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, on that week last year there were CCL games. Which is why I was screaming WTF at my computer when they announced the switch to that date.

greatscott, fatbastard and Alejandro 10 repped this.
  11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Supposedly all the MLS teams in the CCL were offered a chance to move an MLS game to prepare for a CCL game. Maybe DCU can re-reschedule the LA game.

Thx,

Jay!

liverbird, Alejandro 10 and shawn12011 repped this.
  12. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Goff's latest blog post:

Read the rest of the entry here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2014/04/07/d-c-united-news-and-notes-41/

NASI GORENG repped this.
  13. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    As you can see, Goff quoted me in his blog post, I won't have to fear Danny's goon squad because I'm not setting foot in that place. I did send him an update a few minutes ago telling him that while I emailed DCU on Friday about exchange info, I have yet to received a phone call or email in response. Guess that's how you get "only" 20 complaints. If you don't pick up the phone or answer the emails, everything is wonderful. Whenever they do reach out to me, I'll exchange my tickets for Champions' League games.

shawn12011 repped this.
  14. NASI GORENG

NASI GORENG Member+

Feb 19, 2013
    fairfax
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    i'm not a STH but that response makes me sad

how did we sink this low?

15. bodabud8

bodabud8 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Dan Snyder = Fed Ex = SUCKS

Boloni86 and NASI GORENG repped this.
  16. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #91 shawn12011, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

Well I guess I am one of 20 then. I summoned a ticket rep to my seat on Saturday. At first he seemed to think that a hand shake and handing me his card was going to account for the service I needed. I then explained to him that front row behind the goal did not translate to upper deck in the corner, no matter what prices Danny Boy wanted to charge. I did let him off the hook a little bit when I said that I knew that DC United did not have full control of the seating for the matches.

I also explained that when I follow the procedures in the email and send an email in response on Thursday that no contact what so ever on Friday was not acceptable. He said he would get back to me on Monday. Well he waited until after 5 pm to email me back, but it was with more excuses. He would now get back with me on Tuesday about changing my seats at Fed Ex. All of this means that he has yet to read my original email saying I wanted to exchange me worthless seats at Fed Ex for CONCACAF games. We will see what Tuesday brings. :rolleyes:

I am also curious to see if they try to only trade me one set of CONCACAF tickets. Especially since Mr. Schoenbrun is quoted in the Post as talking about the combined cost of us using both the special event tickets and the normal Columbus tickets.

17. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, the quote on Goff's blog kind of made it sound like you could get 2 MLS matches or one CCL match. The CCL is a bit of a pig in a poke, as they used to say - no idea on date, time or opponent. For me personally, I think it's a better deal to get tickets to 2 MLS games on days that I know my son and his gf can attend. US Open, I figure they will be paying people to attend with some promotion, so it would be foolish to take a ticket for that.

18. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I may suck it up and go to FedEx but my GF who has my 2nd season ticket has no interest whatsoever - wonder if they'll give me one Fed Ex ticket and two (or 1) CONCACAF tix :)

I am pretty sure that exceeds their expertise in problem-solving :)

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  19. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I have been waiting since Friday for a response to my e-mail as well. I haven't even received the courtesy of a "we'll get back to you on this" message. This FO is the most inept and incompetent I have ever seen. If you don't take care of the STH, who the ******** do you take care of? Oh yeah, the $10 Leidos special ticket folks or the one ticket and a free beer folks. This used to be a proud franchise and a model for the rest of the league -- well it's no longer proud, but it is a "model."

20. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Just got an e-mail from DCU. I can exchange my tickets for first round CCL games. Note the plural, which would mean I should get a CCL game for each ticket exchanged. I will keep everyone posted on developments.

Rick77, fatbastard, asitis and 4 others repped this.
  21. totspursdcunited

totspursdcunited New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    RFK Section 331,
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For only twenty complaints...we must've been quite the greasy wheel. Received not ten minutes ago:

We have received valuable feedback from our Season Ticket Holders and would like to provide an update on additional options available for the June 7 doubleheader at FedExField.

While we are excited about the opportunity to be a part of an unique international showcase ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, fans who choose not to attend the event may exchange their tickets for the following options:

• Any 2014 D.C. United Regular Season home match
    • 2014 U.S. Open Cup strip up to Quarterfinal play
    • 2014 CONCACAF first round matches
    To take advantage of the options outlined above, please send an e-mail to dcucustomerservice@dcunited.com or call 202-587-5000.

Thank you for your continued support of D.C. United!

Sincerely,
    Roy A. Tewell III
    Director of Ticket Sales

sitruc repped this.
  22. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have had conversations today. I will be able to trade in for 4 tickets, 2 to each game of 2 of the CONCACAF matches. This should not have been this hard, Roy III.

23. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too will be allowed to exchange my June 7 ticket + parking pass & Special Game A ticket + parking pass for ticket + parking pass to the first 2 CCL home matches.

24. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're letting you exchange the parking passes, too?

25. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Same exchange offered to me this afternoon. More lube! (Oh, that's another thread):D