Insult to DC United Fans

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Apr 3, 2014.

1. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan Snyder decided that the equivalent seats to mine at RFK are Section 446 Row 7 seats 8,9. Yes that's right jammed in the corner of the upper deck. Not my usual filed level behind the goal seats.

Bite me Dan and I won't cast a shadow upon your stadium or your joke of a double header match. Thanks Dan you have robbed my of the opportunity of seeing my team DC United live.

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Dan Snyder decide that? I don't know how this is being worked.

sitruc and liverbird repped this.
  3. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan had to have had a hand in that call. He can charge more money to the lemming that wants to see Spain vs ES for mey actual field level behind the goal seats. Dan could give a rats azz about DC United fans. I bet he thinks he is doing us a favor by allowing us to make that match a double header.

4. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You probably don't want to know where my seats are, then.

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mid-level (200) sideline mid-field seats have been turned into very low seats behind the goal - so I feel your pain. I'll be able to see one corner of the field for about 10-15 yards really really well and nothing else - you'll be able to see the entire field with no detail.

Spain and ES are first, right? I imagine when they file out as soon as their final whistle blows, there will be acres of prime empty seating at midfield ... though I bet it is heavily guarded and no-one is allowed in until the 75th minute ...... should look special on TV, assuming anyone will be covering it.

6. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FB, which section are you all in? I wonder if they have the supporters groups in with the people who normally sit on the quiet side behind the goal; that would make for an interesting time.

7. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I wonder how the math for season tickets works out for people who can't or won't go out to Landover?

8. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm in section 110, behind the goal, which doesn't make me very happy and the presence of SG noisemakers would be very welcome.

9. GoGoFreddy

GoGoFreddy New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Berry Farms
    Club:
    Aboomoslem
    I would think as credentialed member of a supporter group you would have seats with your group.

10. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My email said that if you don't want to go, let DC United Customer Service know by April 17, and you can exchange both the original June 7 ticket and the special game ticket for a future match. Honestly, if I knew I could exchange those games for the CONCACAF home games, I'd be very tempted (unless we're getting those games for free like we have in the past).

I'm in 112.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Mine are behind goal in 130 with rest of DU. Which reminds me I need to send email so people can buy lol

12. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're still out $24 in parking though. That's the real kick in the teeth for this match. Not only do you burn two tickets, you burn two parking passes. I'm assuming like other games that "parking" is included in the ticket price so that the DCU parking pass is useless.

13. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, season ticket holders with parking passes get a FedEx parking pass for the doubleheader, too, so we're not out anything, unless you're doing the exchange, and in that case, you'd only be out $16.

14. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in 131 with SE

15. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah. I keep forgetting that STH parking is $8 now instead of $12 like it used to be. When they gave us tickets for the Barca v. ManU game double-header, parking was included in the ticket price so we burned that parking pass.

But aren't you still burning one parking pass since presumably you won't be asked to drive away and repark for the second game if you are seeing both games? So you only need 1 parking pass. Unless parking at the Dan Snyder Palace is more than $40. (I've never been so I have no clue what their prices are like.)

16. totspursdcunited

totspursdcunited New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    RFK Section 331,
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just joined, had lurked for awhile, but my seat assignment made me so made that I had to join and say something. I went from Section 331, Row 1 (26 rows from the field), to Section 453, Row 10. I might as well bring binoculars to the game. These seats not only aren't equivalent, they aren't even decent!

I'll be calling my ticket rep tomorrow to complain and to see what the "exchange" options are. Grr.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  17. totspursdcunited

totspursdcunited New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    RFK Section 331,
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even better, just looked at Ticketmaster.com....my seats at FedEx retail for $60....Since this is a two ticket event, I paid $70 for these seats, more than I would have paid if I wasn't a season ticket holder and just bought them out of pocket!

JayRockers! repped this.
  18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I put this more on United than Snyder. SUM/Snyder were going to have the game with or without United. SUM told United they could be part of it or not. That's part of why all of the details and scheduling took so long and became so ********ed up. I put that on United dragging their feet and allowing other scheduling to happen. When I looked at TicketMaster shortly after tickets went on sale, it was obvious from the blocks that weren't available that STHs would be ********ed again because the team wasn't willing to give a greater value to two game tickets.

19. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In in Section 131 w/ the Screaming Eagles - about 7 rows up. Kinda sorta where I stood when United played Chelsea back in the era of the original Bozilla.

20. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    What about half-seasons? I have a ticket for the Crew game, but no Special Game ticket.

21. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And where the original Bozilla scored the games first goal, IIRC.

22. kirchhausen

kirchhausen Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm normally in action 130, front row, at the top of the penalty box near the VW garage.

They are trying to put me in section 427 row 7. I am so freaking pissed. I don't care about freaking Friendly, so I was mad enough that

1) I have to drive to fedex to watch the game
    2) I have to use my "special" game ticket for a match that doesn't even involve United (not what I signed up for)
    3) I effectively would have to use two parking passes for this game (even though I can only park once) meaning they have now overcharged me for a parking pass.

All this and screwed on the seat selection too?

I honestly am starting to wonder why I renewed my season tickets. I'd be better off picking and choosing which games I'd like to go to, and I'd probable get a better deal between Groupon and the "have a beer on us" specials they run

Marco10 repped this.
  23. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    You and I will be neighbors, I'm in 427, Row 7 as well, normally in Sec. 333. At midfield, but bring your own oxygen bottle and telescope. Anything that Danny Boy and the Absentee Indonesian have their hands on will turn out scummy.

24. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell them this. I'm serious.

bigredfutbol, liverbird and JayRockers! repped this.
  25. kirchhausen

kirchhausen Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've sent them a few emails. In basically the same tone, not rude, but obviously upset. One to my rep and another to Roy Tewell, who us the director of ticket sales. I also called customer service and they patched me through to Roy, I left him a voicemail.

I also waited in line at customer service at the game last week to ask for my free beer, knowing what the answer was but trying to make a point. They took down my name and concern but I haven't heard back from them either.

Not that we got treated this poorly I'm the past, but when I did have a complaint I almost always had someone follow up with me directly. I think it is kind of indicative of the way the FO has trended the past few years that I haven't been followed up with yet.