[NDR] insanity

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by metroag, Feb 14, 2011.

1. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did all my running playing soccer, and that's because I HAD to.

Now, I ride. That's fun and addicting. I have two specially made cycling jerseys too. One for Everton and one for the Dynamo. The Everton one is my avatar as you can tell.

2. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Are you riding the Tour de Cure on 9/22 with team Dynamo? I think I am probably in for that but I need to go ahead and commit if I'm doing it.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    yeah, these guys are INSANE. your pee-pee may fall off for running that much.

4. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm the exact same way, TX Bill! I only just started riding a couple months ago, and I can't believe it took me this long. Now when I'm home, I'm sitting there looking at my bike and wishing I were on it. I think I just have too many miles on my knees and ankles at this point for jogging to be my primary form of exercise, and I never particularly enjoyed it anyway. I plan on doing my first century in the fall (or possibly next spring), just have to figure out which one.

5. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm doing the tour de pink the weekend before de cure.. i have other friends doing tour de cure though

6. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    The Frenchman and I both ran a really hilly and tough 60k trail run on Saturday night and as luck would have it, we finished within a few minutes of each other after a nine hour sufferfest.

Heft repped this.
  7. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I completely enjoyed myself at Reveille Ranch. Great seeing you and your wife HJack.

8. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I see where Wade Barrett made the list for the 50-miler at Rocky Raccoon in February. If he's healthy and he's been able to train like he wants, I'm guessing he'll shoot for a sub-7 hour finish. Frenchman is already on the list for the 50 and I'm taking my third shot at finishing the 100 this year. Donald, are you running Houston Marathon again this year or are you satisfied with your 10 finishes? :) I'll be pacing the 4:15:00 group again, which is great, but sadly it means I'll be wearing the official Pace Team shirt and not my Dynamo jersey like I prefer.

Barrelhead, el nordissimo and The_Ponce repped this.
  10. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    TX Bill who did your Dynamo jersey? I would love to have one to wear on game day rides!

11. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Here's a pic of me and my friend Everard riding in our 2011 Dynamo cycling jerseys from the Tour de Cure team.

[​IMG]

I did not do the 2012 ride, but the jerseys were redesigned for it and they look pretty sharp too. Maybe someone here has a photo they can post. I have not heard anything about the 2013 ride yet, but it doesn't happen until September. Bryan Kraham with the Dynamo front office has headed up this team for the last two years.

La Diva and *rey* repped this.
  12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Here's the new one.
    [​IMG]

DNez2001, Barrelhead and La Diva repped this.
  13. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    HJack, congrats on your marathon finish. How many is that for you now? I help coach a program in KatyISD called Katy Students Run that trains high school kids to run the Houston Half Marathon and all of them showed up, stood in the rain, ran through the wind, and they ALL finished the half. 40% did not show up for the race Sunday - all of my kids did and finished. That is super cool. Proud of them. I will see you Feb 2 for Rocky. After DNFing Bandera I intend to finish Rocky. I'll be there at the finish waiting for you.

Wade will no doubt be a top 10 finisher. He was 5th in the 50 miler in 2011. I didn't realize that he ran Hells Hills last April. Here are Wades ultra results...
    http://ultrasignup.com/results_participant.aspx?fname=Wade&lname=Barrett
    ...apparently he's had the ultra bug for a while. That doesn't even include his road races.

14. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    He nearly broke 4 hours on a 50k :cry: If I have a great race on a flat course, I might could break 5 hours on the same distance. I'm glad to see he's still in the game and I hope he's able to make it out to Huntsville in two weeks. I'll look for him.

15. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see you out there, glad I got to hand you some water! :) I knew I was taking this yr off and would volunteer, next yr will get to run with a Veteran # - and it will be the 20th anniversary of my first Houston!

16. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    This was a crazy weekend in Huntsville. Frenchman finally got his 50-miler nailed down. I finally finished the 100, and Wade ran 50 miles in 6:57:42 to win that race outright after flying in from Tucson the night before.

18. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    That is sick, and congrats Mr. French, I always figured you could run massive distances with that skinny build. Respect!

19. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks guys...it was an epic weekend that saw the gammit of emotions. Saw Wade multiple times and shouted Go Dynamo when he passed me. Awsesome win for him! Thank you Devin for letting me run with you. Proud of you for getting this...[​IMG]

To give you an idea of how fast Wade is...I finished in 12:27...yeah, 5 1/2 hours after him.

20. InDomWeTrust

InDomWeTrust New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations, Frenchman....I worked the dogwood station and I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with you. Third time was the charm, Devin--100 miles in 25:02 hours is just amazing. I talked with Wade at the finish line and I think even he was pleasantly surprised with his time on the 50 mile.

21. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's insanity time again!

Wade Barrett (bib #391) will be running the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile race this weekend in Huntsville SP. Wade has previously raced the 100 and finished 12th in 2012 and won the 50 miler last year. In 2011 he finished 5th in the 50 miler. Hungryjack (bib #551) will also be lacing them up. I will be pacing a friend from San Antonio from miles 80-100.

Next weekend is the Rocky Raccoon 50 miler and yours truly will be running (bib #37).

metroag and Heft repped this.
  23. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I ran six miles on the treadmill last week-at once!

24. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I will be cheering for each of you from the comfort of my couch watching Geoff Cameron take on Manchester United. I may also pick up some Whataburger Taquitos in each of your honor.

Heft, metroag and Levy2k6 repped this.
  25. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Whataburger is my kryptonite...

Beavis Stiffler repped this.